BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 831 - 840 of 1102 | Page: 1 ...75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ...111

Forum » Thread

Water Sources...
The upside of all the "ups and downs" of the JDF is that there is a creek at the bottom of each one. There are water sources at each camping area as well.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » West Coast Trail Gear Questions
September 24, 1:33pm

Neo Air Small
Yes it will work fine. I use a small foam bum pad (.25 " thick) for my legs and there isn't any "leg drop". I keep hearing this and don't understand how it can happen un...

In GEAR » Neo Air Small
September 24, 1:19pm

Merrell Shoe Question
I'm a big Merrell fan and have the Moab GTX low-tops and am on my second pair of the non-gortex version of the same shoe (the Moab Ventilator). I don't like hiking in the Gortex model becau...

In GEAR » Merrell Shoe Question
September 23, 10:07pm

Big guy...bike camping. Help with tent selection
I have the Copper Spur UL 2 and I can tell you for sure that you would be fine with the length of the Copper Spurs. I used my Large NeoAir in the Copper Spur this weekend and I had extra room at t...

In GEAR » Big guy...bike camping. Help with tent selection
September 21, 12:57am

Big Agnes vs NeoAir
I used the BA IAC for a while and liked the comfort but not the weight. I switched to a Prolite 4 short and dropped 8 oz. from my pack and lost some comfort. I picked up the NeoAir short and ...

In GEAR » Big Agnes vs NeoAir
September 18, 1:56am

is this a product defect?"
You should also check that it's not your sleeping bag zipper that has the defect. It's rare but zippers can sometimes have sharp spots and if you are lying on the zipper (putting weight on...

In GEAR » is this a product defect?
September 18, 12:02am

Total money spent on gear
I think you'll find that switching to ultra-light is the inexpensive part... it's the "tweaking" that gets expensive! I finally got my hands on a NeoAir size Large and when I p...

In GEAR » Total money spent on gear
September 17, 12:18am

Juan de Fuca Trail
Dan - I don't wear gators on that trail but I have long legs and a light pack (and trekking poles!) so hopping around on the sticks and rocks to avoid the mud holes isn't a problem for m...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » West Coast Trail Gear Questions
September 13, 8:55pm

Does bear spray work with black bears and what brand?
Russell – The problem is that your “field experience” and mine are very different and you should be willing to learn from people like Kutenay who have spent a lifetime working around these...

In GEAR » Does bear spray work with black bears and what brand?
September 12, 7:39pm

Non-Stick
I had some burning issues with my uncoated Ti pot (Snow Peak Mini Solo) whenever I simmered pasta (Side Kicks) even though my Primus stove turns down very low. I resolved it by putting the Ti ...

In GEAR » Non-Stick Ti Pots - Worth the weight?
September 08, 1:11am

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm