November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Joshua Mitchell (jdmitch) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Kansas
About Me Joshua Mitchell has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joshua Mitchell

Showing 831 - 840 of 845 | Page: 1 ...66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85

Forum » Thread

Bill's Tarp/Poncho is extremely nice looking
Just an FYI

In Make Your Own Gear » Poncho-Tarp
July 29, 12:47pm

Neil makes good points
To piggy back on neil's statement. Most sarongs I've seen are made out of extremely thin material. Here, the weave / thinness of the material have more to do than the fact that it was cotton. In...

In GEAR » giving cotton another chance
July 29, 9:49am

Ben, wondering which pillow you have
Ben, Is this the pillow you have?

In Gear Lists » How do you UL ?
July 29, 8:28am

Re: pillow, which one?
I love my 8oz (rated, I think, it's awfully big) Pacific Outdoor Equipment inflatable pillow, lots of loft. Maybe even high enough for a side sleeper. My mother-in-law got it for me from

In Gear Lists » How do you UL ?
July 28, 3:57pm

don't like bike shorts as much
I really preffer boxer briefs (My current fav are the Dry Moisture Management from Champions Gear - C9 series) under some light shorts. Here's why. I have rather large, muscled legs (always have...

In GEAR » bike shorts for hiking
July 26, 9:38am

Trailstik Holes
Is the aluminum beefy enough that you could thread chase it, and attach something using a nylon nut? I'm thinking pole extended for a Hex 3 type tipi tent, or a camera mount.

In GEAR » TrailStik
July 22, 4:51pm

Dunham / New Balance
Really, I was never aware that dunham owned by NB. that's pretty cool.

In GEAR » Shoe recommendations other than Montrail Vitesse?
July 22, 4:46pm

Re: Importance of Fit
David Bronn Wrote: "I think one of the reasons Montrail is so popular is that, on the average, more people can get a decent fit from the lasts Montrail uses. People also have a lot of brand loyalt...

July 22, 1:47pm

Merona - Nylon Trunks
If you go to target, Merona (target's house brand) has just release some nylon trunks (short boxer-briefs) 6$ and shirts 10$. The shirts suck (way too thick of material), but the trunks are (IMO) h...

In GEAR » synthetic briefs
July 22, 1:41pm

Re: Hiking and Wading in same shoe
FYI, I was wearing my northface vapor lights with a pair of smartwool "no-show" ankle sock in copenhagen, DK. We were on a walking tour when the sky just let fly with torrents of rain. On the way b...

July 21, 10:50am

All Reader Reviews by Joshua Mitchell

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Icebreaker Tech T Lite Superfine 140
This is my first Merino T-Shirt (though I have a couple other manufacturers). Wore it a few days straight in super-hot/humid Boy Scout Summer Camp... little to no smell... way comfortable... man I lik...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
July 20, 12:54pm

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
Got mine (Auto-Ignition) a couple years ago as my Xmas present to myself (single engineers have money...), loved it ever since.

In Stoves - Canister
August 02, 11:28am