BPL Community Profile

Aaron Sorensen (awsorensen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South of Forester Pass
About Me Love pushing the SUL boundary's of what is possible.

Make almost all of my gear myself.
CityBay Area
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 831 - 840 of 1325 | Page: 1 ...75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ...133

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: More Sub-1 Innovation
Hey Rick, Can you give us an explination of how you made the pack?

In Gear Lists » Sub 1 lb. Intellectual Exercise
June 20, 11:22pm

Re: kings canyon - evolution
I just did my 3rd Rea Lakes Loop in a day, (1st one this year). The snow level was just a little bit higher than last year, but no where near bad enough to not go for it. The water level was th...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Kings Canyon - Evolution Valley
June 20, 12:30pm

Re: FS: Haglofs LIM ultimate paclite jacket size L
I'll take it. P.M sent

In Gear Swap » FS: Haglofs LIM ultimate paclite jacket size L
June 19, 2:02pm

Re: Anyone made a quilt with head hole
Hey Jonathan, http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/xdpy/forum_thread/9941/index.html?skip_to_post=77653#77653 I added an extra 35 X 15" and used snaps to hold it toge...

In Make Your Own Gear » Anyone made a quilt with head hole
June 19, 1:55pm

Re: Point Reyes can get crowded
I just went to Pt. Reyes last weekend. It gets crowded but as soon as you get a mile off the main trail heads or from the camps, it gets A LOT better. What ever route you take, just stay away f...

In Post-Trip Reports » Weekender in CA
June 08, 12:29pm

Re: Re: Esbit soot
Just use the MPI tablets sold here. They don't leave any residue.

In GEAR » How much is stove fuel in your area
June 02, 2:49pm

Re: Sub 1 lb. Intellectual Exercise
Bill, You need to shave down on the little essential things you have. I don't know how I can possibly be telling you this, but you'll be resuppling every 3 days or so. Deet in a micr...

May 29, 6:02pm

Re: cuben sleeping bag
Yeah, He can do is Tinuc that weigh so he is not compaining about it being too hot to wear. Then you can take off the 1.5 ounces for the pack. changed the list to reflect this. Now you're...

May 28, 10:56pm

Re: Re: Re: Sub 1 lb. Intellectual Exercise
>No-see-um head band, Worn under hat - 0 what the purpose of this? water prefilter? __________________________ ***No, for bugs*** __________________________ >6B Platy (2) - 3.12 ...

May 28, 8:07pm

Re: Sub 1 lb. Intellectual Exercise
I'll take a stab at this. Polarguard-Delta - Silk Tunic - 7.65 Pocho Tarp - Worn - 0 Hat - worn - 0 No-see-um head band, Worn under hat - 0 Hiking Pants - Worn – 0 6B (6 Banana) Hoodi...

May 28, 7:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Fenix L2D-CE
Everything else is just a light. For its weight, its 2-40 times brighter and lasts 5-10 time longer. Now they just need to make a 3AAA headlamp with a 5/15/35 lumens setting. The only problem...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
May 13, 10:33pm

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I got the 2006 version with out the leg zippers because it is what I wanted, (the lighter version). I'm sure the breathability that Golite claims for it is accurate, but something twice as good...

In Clothing - Raingear
March 11, 1:20pm

Nuwai 1 Watt (HLX-712L)
The Nuwai HLX-712L ROCKS!!! I found it hear for $27 http://www.amondotech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=874 The CR123A Batteries are only $1 each as well. I have been using the Pe...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 13, 8:47pm

The North Face 2005 Hightail Long
I have a few issues with this bag that will never get addressed because the new ones have been changed completely. First the good. I found it on sale for $230. The long is only 3 oz more than t...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 01, 6:23pm

Gatorade Bottle
I have yet to have one of these leak on me. They have taking over as my go to water holder since they have been out. Platy's are just too finiky IMO. I just wish they made one a little bigger. ...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
November 30, 7:58pm