Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Aaron Sorensen (awsorensen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South of Forester Pass
About Me Love pushing the SUL boundary's of what is possible.

Make almost all of my gear myself.
CityBay Area
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 831 - 840 of 1527 | Page: 1 ...75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ...153

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: "Easton Tent Poles Carbon FX and Nanolight"
Yes but I want the EASTON AIRLOCK SYSTEM poles!!!

In Gear Deals » Easton Tent Poles Carbon FX and Nanolight
December 22, 1:01am

Re: Re: Going tentless
"How often if ever in the is not having a tent with you an issue?" I'm pretty sure that most of the time, carrying the tent all dang day and not needing it would be the issue? The...

In Philosophy & Technique » Going tentless
December 22, 12:18am

Is a Bag worth it's weight in Gold?
There are some insane quilts out there that are the lightest of the light, however there are no sleeping bags that fill the bill yet. So my question to you is what would a 20 or 24 ounce sleepin...

In GEAR » Is a Bag worth it's weight in Gold?
December 20, 2:58pm

Re: Re: Christmas early?
Just picked up 6 yards of Momentum 50 and 12 ounces of 900 down. A present that will last for years after it becomes a quilt.

In Chaff » Christmas early?
December 19, 10:10pm

Re: Lightweight Day Pack for Running/Hiking in Winter
I have the Osprey 11 and 22 as well as an Inov8 and the older version of the Golite Rush. The Osprey are by far the best packs of the group. They conform to your body and it's the only pack...

In GEAR » Lightweight Day Pack for Running/Hiking in Winter?
December 19, 9:41pm

Re: Inertia X Frame Corrections
Okay, So I ordered one of these the second I saw it at BPL OR Day 1. I got it in the mail and got a chance to use it already. First things first. I sleep like a rock on my back and don't...

In GEAR » has anyone seen this pad before?
December 17, 8:39pm

Re: washing
If any washing gets done on my bags it is with a spray bottle of Resolve and a damp rag. If it needs freshened up then it gets a good spray in and out with febreez.

In GEAR » Done with WM
December 05, 3:01pm

Re: The Evolution of Fastpacking
To me this article seems as out dated it’s circa 1988. I do not believe anyone would wear any of the packs mentioned to fastpack 100 miles in 38 hours. It seems that everyone just needs some ...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Evolution of Fastpacking
November 28, 11:30am

Re: Re: State of the Market Report: Two-Person Double-Wall Tents (2010)
Not one mention of a Tarptent being anyones favorite in the wrap up. Looks like double wall tents have really stepped up in the past 5 years?

In Editor's Roundtable » State of the Market Report: Two-Person Double-Wall Tents (2010)
November 19, 7:51am

Re: Re: JMT North-South Records
I am at the point where I know I can not break the JMT Record. Next year I am going to try to get the Unsupported TRT record again and try to get it down below 60 hours. I will go for this record...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT North - South Records
October 31, 9:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Fenix L2D-CE
Everything else is just a light. For its weight, its 2-40 times brighter and lasts 5-10 time longer. Now they just need to make a 3AAA headlamp with a 5/15/35 lumens setting. The only problem...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
May 13, 10:33pm

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I got the 2006 version with out the leg zippers because it is what I wanted, (the lighter version). I'm sure the breathability that Golite claims for it is accurate, but something twice as good...

In Clothing - Raingear
March 11, 1:20pm

Nuwai 1 Watt (HLX-712L)
The Nuwai HLX-712L ROCKS!!! I found it hear for $27 http://www.amondotech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=874 The CR123A Batteries are only $1 each as well. I have been using the Pe...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 13, 8:47pm

The North Face 2005 Hightail Long
I have a few issues with this bag that will never get addressed because the new ones have been changed completely. First the good. I found it on sale for $230. The long is only 3 oz more than t...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 01, 6:23pm

Gatorade Bottle
I have yet to have one of these leak on me. They have taking over as my go to water holder since they have been out. Platy's are just too finiky IMO. I just wish they made one a little bigger. ...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
November 30, 7:58pm