BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8281 - 8290 of 11209 | Page: 1 ...820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 ...1121

Forum » Thread

Re: Old Marmot -20 Bag Winter Bag
If that Marmot bag was relatively clean before it was stored, and if it was stored loosely, then the 10-15 years shouldn't hurt it much. Note that the average down specs of 10-15 years ago were...

In GEAR » Old Marmot -20 Bag Winter Bag
January 27, 4:13pm

Re: Lee Vining & Lone Pine Motels
Which direction are you headed? I can understand a hotel room for the night that you finish, but for the night immediately before starting, I would think that you want to be sleeping closer to t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Lee Vining & Lone Pine Motels
January 27, 3:15pm

Re: "cook pot size question"
In a different thread, we were discussing a tiny cooking vessel. It is a tiny aluminum tea kettle that cost only $1.50. I mean, you can't beat the price. It has a kettle neck spout and a foldov...

In GEAR » cook pot size question
January 27, 12:20am

Re: Foam Vest
Plus, it has a multiple use as a personal floatation device. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » Foam Vest
January 26, 9:51pm

Re: cook pot size question
Several things come to mind. First of all, see what kind of flame your alcohol stove has. Some put a narrow flame straight up, so they are good for a narrow pot. Others have side jets and put out a...

In GEAR » cook pot size question
January 26, 9:48pm

Re: Wonderfully Thick Closed Cell Foam Sleeping Pad
There is always open cell foam. Wrap that with a piece of saran wrap and you are ready for weather. Guaranteed not to deflate. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Wonderfully Thick Closed Cell Foam Sleeping Pad
January 26, 3:55pm

Re: add-on hipbelt pocket choices...
You know, those add-on hipbelt pockets can be very handy. However, they tend to add a fair amount of weight for a small volume of space. If you are any good with a sewing machine, you might try ...

In GEAR » add-on hipbelt pocket choices...
January 26, 3:29pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: "Bearier" bear canister
I was once very resistant to the idea of bear canisters. I had practiced the two-rope counterbalance hang in Yosemite for 20 years of group trips with perfect results. Then one time I had signed up...

In GEAR » "Bearier" bear cannister
January 26, 3:09pm

Re: Sapporo Beer Commercial
I was thinking: Why don't they make those cans out of titanium so that we can recycle them into lightweight cook pots? --B.G.--

In Chaff » Sapporo Beer Commercial
January 25, 10:39pm

Re: re
"I don't know what MET stands for (metabolic?):" A MET is a unit of exercise output. This is kind of rough, but if you slow walk at two miles per hour, that is 2 METs. If you fast ...

In GEAR » recommendation for vest- on the move AND insulation for camp/sleep
January 25, 10:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.