Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8281 - 8290 of 12022 | Page: 1 ...820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 ...1203

Forum » Thread

Re: I need a bug net suggestion
The next step: As anybody tried anything like this? My thought is to add a triangular flap of clear plastic across the front, and it would keep storm rain out. It should be removable. Then t...

In Make Your Own Gear » I need a bug net suggestion
April 07, 9:52pm

Re: Re: Re: Government shutdowns ?
Apparently Yosemite National Park has a compromise solution. Lots of visitors have reservations to lodging in Yosemite Valley. They would be checked at the park gates and allowed in. Heaven Forbid ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Government shutdown - effects on thru-hikers?
April 07, 9:42pm

Re: Bear canister
I haven't had any trouble with Bear Vaults, either the old 250 or the newer 450. The only trouble that I saw was when one guy spilled his olive oil on the inside, which migrated to the outsi...

In GEAR » this Bear Cannister thing...
April 07, 9:06pm

Re: Re: re: folding -- location for handle
I'm guessing this method is lighter in weight than having it on the other side. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » Caldera cone metal
April 07, 7:09pm

Hyperlite Mountain Gear Update
I waited until the lawn was dry enough, and then I had a breezy day. This is the prototype Echo 1 solo tarp in cuben fiber. My original plan was to do something radical with the stock guy li...

In GEAR » New Shelter
April 07, 6:46pm

Re: BV 450 + Pack size
You need to determine the inner diameter of the opening of the main pack bag, and then compare that to the outer diameter of the Bear Vault 450. That assumes that you are trying to fit "a cyli...

In GEAR » BV 450 + Pack size
April 07, 4:46pm

Re: Carpet Stakes
Franco, I think your brick would work. You probably don't get a big windstorm in your main bedroom. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » Carpet Stakes
April 07, 4:38pm

Re: Lightest 2 liter Ti Pot available on sale
Backcountrygear says that this pot has a tent weight of 8 ounces. I really wonder what that means. ---B.G.--

In Gear Deals » Lightest 2 liter Ti Pot available on sale
April 07, 4:30pm

Re: Re: Question for the MODS
"Paypal is useful as they can handle any claims between buyer and seller." That assumes that the transaction involves Paypal. Personally, I don't even have a Paypal account. ...

In Gear Swap » Question for the MODS
April 07, 4:27pm

Re: this Bear Cannister thing...
Each bear canister product has a specified number of cubic inches of internal capacity. With just a little bit of effort and careful food selection, I can get one day's food into each 100 cubic...

In GEAR » this Bear Cannister thing...
April 07, 2:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.