BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8281 - 8290 of 11443 | Page: 1 ...820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 ...1145

Forum » Thread

Re: disease resistance, and aqua mira use
"Extended Aqua Mira use: I'm certainly no expert here, but my recollection is that chlorine dioxide is what's used in city water systems --- no?" I don't believe that chlor...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Effect of long-term long-distance hiking on health
February 20, 6:50pm

Re: PCT vs. JMT
Maybe I am just trying to game the whole situation. Why couldn't a JMT hiker get permits for both JMT and PCT? Then, when confronted by a ranger, you could show one permit or the other, just...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ursack Lawsuit Moves Ahead
February 20, 5:55pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ursack Lawsuit Moves Ahead
It's always a sight when the poor little marmot is looking up at me, seeming to plead "Oh, Mister Backpacker, won't you feed me just a little? It was a cold winter, and I just don'...

February 20, 5:19pm

Re: Re: Ursack Lawsuit Moves Ahead
Pretty much it is Ursack against the combined NPS and FS. And NPS looks to Yosemite as the most advanced in their bear management. --B.G.--

February 20, 4:53pm

Re: The Canister Myth
"Note that this applies to PCT thru hikers in regards to the storage requirements in SEKI. My understanding from the Ranger is that JMT hikers must carry a canister through the Raes area becau...

February 20, 4:44pm

Re: Bob is Correct
While we are on that scene... has anybody been over Harrison Pass? I think it is a bit to the right of those photos. It is north of Lake South America, and west of the JMT. I was thinking of hea...

In Photo Gallery » TRT and Marlette Lake
February 20, 4:24pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: They did disband
Ken, at Whitney's Trail Camp, about all you really, really, need is marmot protection for your food. Those critters are all over the place. Big fat suckers that look like they've been piggi...

February 20, 4:20pm

Re: Re: Re: Simmerlite Weight vs. WindPro Weight
Here is an idea. Can anything be done with MAPP gas as a substitute for butane blend? I mean, it is hotter. I watched some plumbers working with copper water pipes, and I was impressed about how...

In GEAR » Simmerlite Weight vs. WindPro Weight
February 20, 4:12pm

Re: All wet in my bivy - WHY?
All of my bivvy sacks have a waterproof fabric for the bottom, and a waterproof-breathable fabric for the top. If I get into a weather situation where that isn't working for me, I squirm around...

In GEAR » All wet in my bivy - WHY?
February 20, 4:06pm

Re: JMT towards the end
That mountain looks more like East Vidette Peak. I think the one to the left and behind is Center Peak. --B.G.--

In Photo Gallery » TRT and Marlette Lake
February 20, 3:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.