BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8281 - 8290 of 11193 | Page: 1 ...820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 ...1120

Forum » Thread

Re: JMT Semi-Fast Pack
Mule packer companies operate quite successfully in some places, and then not at all in other places. A person I know used to be employed by NPS in Yosemite. Then he submitted a professional paper ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 2011 JMT Hike
January 24, 7:21pm

Re: "Is my raingear light enough?"
I stick with my rain parka that weighs 4 ounces. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Is my raingear light enough?
January 24, 7:00pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 42.5gram (1.5oz) low profile remote canister stove
"ally?" Aluminium, or aluminum? One liter is a good size. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » 42.5gram (1.5oz) low profile remote canister stove
January 24, 6:59pm

Re: Re: Re: 42.5gram (1.5oz) low profile remote canister stove
Tony, what is the largest size pot of water that would be practical to try to boil with that thing, assuming that a simple wind screen is used? --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » 42.5gram (1.5oz) low profile remote canister stove
January 24, 6:09pm

Re: Re: Re: Icy Snow & Backpacking
I think over the years quite a number of skiers and boarders have bought the farm on the steep slopes of Castle Peak. Actually, there have been fatal avalanches on Andesite Ridge, which is the mode...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Icy Snow & Backpacking
January 24, 6:06pm

Re: Re: suggestions
Yes, butter can go bad. In the cool country of Nepal, the locals use clarified yak butter called Ghee. It keeps. Some margarine is kind of unhealthy, but I switched over to other types without t...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » recipe for granola bar things
January 24, 5:56pm

Re: hmmmm
When I head out in the winter, I generally divide my insulation into three components: down, wool, and synthetic. My sleeping bag is down, plus maybe one fat parka. My heavy trousers and at least o...

In GEAR » Down in the PNW
January 24, 5:50pm

Re: Icy Snow & Backpacking
Tony, if you have a permit, you can park in the Sno-Park lot on the access road just east of Boreal ski area. Then you cross under I-80 and follow the jeep road mostly north. You will be skirting C...

January 24, 5:12pm

Re: Icy Snow & Backpacking
In the Tahoe Region, the terrain can be quite steep, hence the standard avalanche warnings. Part of the problem is that you will go from a shady side of a hill to a sunny side, so the snow consiste...

January 24, 2:49pm

Re: Hey everyone,
"The Bear Boxer is 608 cu in and 2.8 lbs," That is, unless it is the small Bear Boxer, which is only 1.6 pounds. It has less than half of the capacity, but that is still fine for a thr...

In GEAR » "Bearier" bear cannister
January 24, 12:20am

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.