Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8281 - 8290 of 12269 | Page: 1 ...820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 ...1227

Forum » Thread

Re: Input on MYOG tarp/tent design?
The one thing that I found to be an unexpected challenge was the layout of the fabric for cutting. Shelter dimensions are larger than anything I had dealt with, so some new tools had to appear. Sin...

In Make Your Own Gear » Input on MYOG tarp/tent design?
May 01, 4:07pm

Re: Re: Re: Learning how to use topo maps
You are absolutely right. I'll go change that now. That's what happens when you have too many books crowded together on the shelf. The correct land nav FM is 3-25.26. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Learning how to use topo maps?
May 01, 3:14pm

Re: Learning how to use topo maps
I will second the suggestion about orienteering. Some orienteering organizations have regular "meets" open to the public. They have at least one course laid out for the experts, but then ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Learning how to use topo maps?
May 01, 12:41pm

Re: controlling the ring
Wouldn't it be neat if you could apply and control the simmer ring without taking the cone off? --B.G.--

In GEAR » Caldera cone question
April 30, 10:46pm

Re: Alcohol vs. Wood: Heat Output
Assuming that you had a good supply of good wood, I would bet on the wood stove for boiling speed. For sure it is going to have the hottest temperature. --B.G.--

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Alcohol vs. Wood: Heat Output
April 30, 10:44pm

Re: simmer ring
"I put two handles on my simmer ring out of aluminum tape." Can you control the simmer ring while it is within the cone? --B.G.--

April 30, 10:15pm

Re: An Open Letter to GoLite
It's too bad that the GoLite marketing staff probably does not read this forum. Years ago they were trying to invite me to be a gear tester. Now, they don't call. They don't write. ...

In GEAR » An Open Letter to GoLite
April 30, 7:47pm

Re: Re: simmering
Doug, I dehydrate my cooked quinoa in advance. That way, on the trail, all it takes is to toss a little hot water on it and it is ready to eat. --B.G.--

April 30, 7:44pm

Re: thanks
Dan, a route is a whole collection of waypoints. Often routes are saved as one file, but inside the file there is a bunch of individual waypoints, each with their own coordinates. Many handheld GPS...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » learning to use a GPS unit
April 30, 3:24pm

Re: Water Too Clean to Drink?
Interesting article. I struggle with its phrase, "crystalline drinking water." That sounds like ice. --B.G.--

In Chaff » Water Too Clean to Drink?
April 30, 3:18pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.