Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8281 - 8290 of 12440 | Page: 1 ...820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 ...1244

Forum » Thread

Re: so far
"I was wondering if I need a caldera, or if that’s for wood fires? Also I’m assuming I should buy/make a windscreen, any advice on this?" The normal Caldera Cone is made of aluminu...

In Gear Lists » Gear Refresh for the John Muir Trail & Beyond
May 19, 6:03pm

Re: Ti Foil screen for small pot
"I'd really like to know what people are doing for clasps to hold the screen together." There isn't much force trying to open the windscreen up, so it doesn't take a very s...

In Make Your Own Gear » Ti Foil screen for small pot
May 18, 4:14pm

Re: Whitney in June
"I found trekking poles completely useless for self-arrest" Yes, it gets a little complicated to have two things to manipulate instead of a single ice axe. You end up grabbing the uphi...

In Gear Lists » Mount Whitney in June
May 18, 2:55pm

Re: Mount Whitney in June
I've hiked the trail for 35 consecutive years, always in a day, but I have never gone as early as June. For maybe three of those years, I have taken an ice axe with me in the car as far as the ...

May 18, 1:40pm

Re: Mount Whitney in June
I hope that you are prepared for lots of steep snow on the top 60 of the switchbacks. --B.G.--

May 18, 12:34pm

Re: Advice on Down jackets
Down jackets that are sewn through are either cheaply made, or else they are intended for moderate-to-mild conditions. Quality down jackets that are intended for cold conditions are nearly always b...

In GEAR » Advice on Down jackets
May 18, 12:24pm

Re: Camera type
I wish that I could scale this concept up to meet my needs. Currently what I carry on the trail is a camera gear total load of 10.5 pounds, of which 1.9 pounds is the LowePro case. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » Dry Bag Camera Bag
May 18, 11:22am

Re: Anyone order from Minibulldesign recently?
The customary waiting period is up to one month. At one month, either they ship you the goods or else they state when they will. --B.G.--

In Chaff » Anyone order from Minibulldesign recently?
May 18, 9:15am

Re: Watching with interest
"Can use a windscreen." Have you ever had problems using a windscreen on a regular canister stove? I haven't. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Canister stoves with preheater tubes and attachments
May 18, 9:13am

Re: All purpose shelter for two people and large dog
Why not get a regular tent and have it modified to add a dog door? --B.G.--

In GEAR » All purpose shelter for two people and large dog
May 18, 9:07am

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.