Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8281 - 8290 of 11761 | Page: 1 ...820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 ...1177

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Again, wow
"But lets give him some slack, I think he really just wanted to be helpful; which is a plus." That's very true. He really wanted to be helpful. However, it was kind of an odd choic...

In GEAR » Friendly expertise on camping. Please READ!!
March 23, 12:35am

Re: Re: Again, wow
Daniel, I could not agree more. It used to be that I had only one REI store within 50 miles of me. It was so dependable that I could walk in, find everything I needed, and be at the cashier a fe...

In GEAR » Friendly expertise on camping. Please READ!!
March 22, 11:10pm

Re: Re: Re: AAA
"I think AA vs. AAA is an interesting question." Let's start with the assumption that the maximum current from one AA is equivalent to the maximum current from 3xAAA (but that has ...

In GEAR » I want a new headlamp
March 22, 10:39pm

Re: PWM
"Check out spark too." Did that a few days ago. Its web site indicates that the company is in its infancy and not ready for prime time. Maybe revisit it in a year or two. --B.G.--

March 22, 10:18pm

Re: AAA
"the LD01. It's another good AAA light." I looked at Fenix first. But then I saw that REI was selling them, so I knew they must be overpriced. That was proven when I saw them going...

March 22, 8:52pm

Re: byte
I understand, Scott. As I stated up front, I've gone through a bunch of LED headlamps over the years. I've had dinky little ones and beefy ones that would blind you across a football field....

March 22, 8:46pm

Re: Another snow trip
Dewey Point is even more interesting on a heavy snow year when there is a big cornice built up around the edges of the rock. You never quite know where to walk. --B.G.--

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Another snow trip?
March 22, 8:33pm

Re: Compressing down bag for period of time
"The loft is about 1/2" higher than when the bag was new." That's good. If you can get 1/2" more loft, then you ought to wash and dry it about ten times. If that means 5&...

In GEAR » Compressing down bag for period of time
March 22, 7:50pm

Re: comparison
Scott, prove to me that the Princeton Tec Byte does 100 lumens. That was the stated requirement. --B.G.--

March 22, 7:06pm

Re: ITP A3 EOS
Doug, how does that work without the baseball cap? --B.G.--

March 22, 6:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.