Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8281 - 8290 of 12549 | Page: 1 ...820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 ...1255

Forum » Thread

Resistance is Futile!
Yes, long thin copper wires will knock out some efficiency, and this is especially true for low voltage (e.g. 5) and higher amperage. That is why some new solar projects on houses have suddenly ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Flexible Solar Panel Project
June 03, 3:59pm

Re: Snow Conditions
By July 9th, the place to worry about is Glen Pass. The north side is shaded snow, and the south side is steeper snow. --B.G.--

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » California - Sierra Nevada conditions
June 03, 3:28pm

Re: Re: Re: Flexible Solar Panel
"For example, the 250 watts on my tent trailer put out 17.7 volts. But since I am re-charging 12 volt wet cell batteries, I need 13.8 -14.2 volts most of the time charging voltage." A ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Flexible Solar Panel Project
June 03, 2:31pm

Re: Where to backpack in Nor Cal? Too much snow in the Sierras!
Caribou Wilderness (east of Lassen). It is drier there and much less snowy. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where to backpack in Nor Cal? Too much snow in the Sierras!
June 03, 2:19pm

Re: Re: Can anyone help me troubleshoot?
Capacitors are part of the circuit that makes the pop-up flash work. However, if you release the pop-up flash (up), and if it fails, it normally produces a snapping sound for about three tries, ...

In Photography » Can anyone help me troubleshoot?
June 03, 2:09pm

Re: Designing a couple of Bivy sacks
"For the UL Bivy I would look at Silinylon floors, no side zip (weight) and a target weight of under 12oz." Good grief! I sewed my own with one chest zipper, one side zipper, and it ca...

In GEAR » Designing a couple of Bivy sacks
June 03, 2:00pm

Re: Trail Finder
I use the National Park Service web site a lot. At the top level, it can help you find a national park near home or in whichever state you have interest. Then that can take you to the web site of t...

In Philosophy & Technique » Trail Finder
June 03, 12:45am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Looking for fuel bottle
OK, I'm pretty close. It's plastic. Diameter 1.9". Height 3.85" including cap. Capacity 4.5 fluid ounces. It's a prescription pill bottle that my HMO uses, and I have a ...

In GEAR » Looking for fuel bottle
June 02, 11:52pm

Re: Showerhead for Platypus?
I purchased this item for $5... Platypus Shower Kit. It assumes that you have some Platypus bladder, and this is the connector, the hose, the hose clamp, and the shower head. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Showerhead for Platypus?
June 02, 11:34pm

Re: Re: Re: Looking for fuel bottle
That's a tough size. I have many aluminum bottles that are much narrower with much less capacity (like 100ml max). I have some plastic jars that are too fat and with much more capacity. I...

In GEAR » Looking for fuel bottle
June 02, 11:12pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.