BPL Community Profile

Jason Elsworth (jephoto) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale New Zealand
About Me Jason Elsworth has not added a biography yet.
CityWellington
CountryNew Zealand
My Website URLhttp://www.jasonelsworth.co.nz

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jason Elsworth

Showing 821 - 830 of 905 | Page: 1 ...72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91

Forum » Thread

Fairydown
There's been a real shakedown in the NZ outdoor gear scene in the last few years. A bit of googling will reveal the tangled web:) I still see Fairydown branded stuff in the Macpac shops. Las...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Gear for Long Distance Hiking: Four Months in Europe
October 10, 7:21pm

POE ether thermo
What's the lightest of the ether thermos? I may give the Montbell UL 90 a try before going to the NeoAir.

In GEAR » Any consensus yet on NeoAir vs. ProLite Plus?
October 09, 1:10pm

Wind pants
Get some Dri Ducks pants and chop them off - should be much cheaper. They don't last that well, but a least you will quench your thirst for wind pant knowledge.

In GEAR » Wind Shorts
October 09, 3:18am

Short NeoAir and Raven
Would a short NeoAir in one of the larger Raven bivies be OK? I am a side sleeper in the fetal position so need the space. The only real alternative seems to be the MLD Soul Side Zip, but it is exp...

In GEAR » NeoAir in a Ptarmigan Bivy
October 07, 7:07pm

Wind shorst
Colin Ibbotson's wind pants are the bees knees They go all the way from his waist to his knees They are better than Adam and the Ants They are Colin Ibbotson's wind pants. (With apolo...

In GEAR » Wind Shorts
October 04, 10:10pm

Mids and snow
I can't be certain, but it looks like Ryan didn't use the mid panel guylines, so this may have had an impact.

In GEAR » MYOG DuoMid Fabric Insert - Completed!
October 01, 12:11am

Mids and snow
Yes but Ryan didn't say it wasn't still standing at the end of the night. Some people do like Mids in snow, but I suspect they work best when they are dug in a bit. Thereby leaving less sur...

September 30, 11:37pm

Duomid in snow
Looks great. Over on his blog Ryan Jordan reports that "The shelter is a Mountain Laurel Designs pyramid. Like most pyramids, it suffered badly from snow loading during the night, and I di...

September 30, 10:08pm

Prophet waist belt
From MLD website http://www.mountainlaureldesigns.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=106&osCsid=6f5abb28b6a39ed4bcc21ee0f1987854 UPDATE: SEP 2009 Padded Waist Belt Wings: Sa...

In GEAR » MLD Exodus
September 30, 3:54pm

Prophet waist belt and Exodus capacity.
Hi Mike, Many thanks for the update. You may know this, but the Prophet and the Exodus now have the same hip belt. Making the my decision even tougher now:). How many days trip (and with what ba...

In GEAR » MLD Exodus
September 30, 1:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Jason Elsworth

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Jacks R Better Fast and very helpful
Arrived quickly all the way to New Zealand and looks very well made.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 16, 4:11am