Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jason Elsworth (jephoto) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale New Zealand
About Me Jason Elsworth has not added a biography yet.
CityWellington
CountryNew Zealand
My Website URLhttp://www.jasonelsworth.co.nz

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jason Elsworth

Showing 821 - 830 of 912 | Page: 1 ...73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92

Forum » Thread

Hikes
Useful thread here http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=23282

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New Zealand, how much gear do I need?
October 15, 2:59pm

NZ
It is possible to rely completely on the hut network if you plan your hikes to do so. However, if you can fit them in I would bring a tarp and a pad if you can. It will give you more flexibility in...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New Zealand, how much gear do I need?
October 15, 2:57am

Goriila
I was very close to getting a Gorilla, but in the end I felt the capacity was a bit too small to make the most of its weight carrying ability. Instead I decided to try the frame less route with an ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Gossamer Gear Gorilla Backpack Review
October 14, 12:30am

Duomid room
I have read one report on BPL where the user felt the Duo was pretty tight for two. OK for a few nights, but maybe not for a long trip. The Speedmid looks great if you don't need quite the same...

In GEAR » is the mld duomid big enough for 2?
October 14, 12:24am

Temps on Hoth
According to wookiepedia the average planetary temperature was around -61ÂșC on the planet of Hoth, where the Tauntaun comes from. So if they perform as well for us as they did for Luke they could ...

In GEAR » Hot new sleeping bag?
October 13, 10:58pm

Holgas
That's an interesting idea on the Holga. I love some of the images I have created on mine, but never thought of taking it hiking, but as you say it is very light.

In Photography » One All Around Camera, Light and Professional: Does it exist?
October 12, 1:17am

Bivys
Many tarp/floor less shelter users would use a bivy of about 6-8 oz. They aren't fully waterproof, but instead have a DWR coating on the hightly breatbale top fabric and a waterproof bottom, wh...

In GEAR » Call to quilt users
October 11, 11:50pm

Fairydown
There's been a real shakedown in the NZ outdoor gear scene in the last few years. A bit of googling will reveal the tangled web:) I still see Fairydown branded stuff in the Macpac shops. Las...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Gear for Long Distance Hiking: Four Months in Europe
October 10, 7:21pm

POE ether thermo
What's the lightest of the ether thermos? I may give the Montbell UL 90 a try before going to the NeoAir.

In GEAR » Any consensus yet on NeoAir vs. ProLite Plus?
October 09, 1:10pm

Wind pants
Get some Dri Ducks pants and chop them off - should be much cheaper. They don't last that well, but a least you will quench your thirst for wind pant knowledge.

In GEAR » Wind Shorts
October 09, 3:18am

All Reader Reviews by Jason Elsworth

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Jacks R Better Fast and very helpful
Arrived quickly all the way to New Zealand and looks very well made.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 16, 4:11am