Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Guest

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8171 - 8180 of 12816 | Page: 1 ...809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 ...1282

Forum » Thread

Re: GPS Advice
OK, GPS Newbies, listen up. The early generation of GPS receivers (c.1994 and before) were single channel receivers, sequentially multiplexed. That meant that it might take as much as five or te...

In GEAR » need gps advice
August 07, 11:25pm

Re: Re: Re: JMT for 2
"I might try making a lid from a pie pan." Look around in a grocery store, and there are food containers made out of cylinder of cardboard with a metal bottom. The bottom is generally ...

In Gear Lists » JMT for 2
August 07, 9:23pm

Re: Cameras
One week ago I saw a stranger on the trail with a new camera, Canon SX30IS. It appeared to be a small/compact DSLR with non-removable lens that zooms out to 840mm effectively, and it had an optical...

In Photography » Looking at a new camera for backpacking
August 07, 9:14pm

Re: where to find small plastic jars?
I don't know if you have these stores called Daiso. It is a Japanese "dollar store" but everything costs $1.50. They have a zillion little plastic cosmetic containers. Hard plastic, s...

In GEAR » where to find small plastic jars?
August 07, 9:09pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pika
Yes, I had thought about a career breeding pikas for security work, like attack dogs. They just don't seem to have the killer instinct for it, though, and they only work at 11,000 feet and abov...

In Post-Trip Reports » Solo on the Evolution Loop, John Muir Wilderness and Kings Canyon National Park, California
August 07, 9:04pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: P.S.
When I started from North Lake on August 3 within the first hour, I thought the flowers were nice. Then they were good in Humphries Basin, good in Piute Canyon, and good in Evolution Valley. I was ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Solo on the Evolution Loop, John Muir Wilderness and Kings Canyon National Park, California
August 07, 7:19pm

Re: Re: P.S.
Need you ask? I shot a ton of wildflowers and some wildlife. However, those have to be transferred to the computer, edited, and selected for the web site. Due to other upcoming trips, they may n...

August 07, 6:43pm

Re: JMT for 2
I won't claim to be any expert on gear, except just for myself. I was out on the JMT just a couple of days ago, and I chatted with lots of northbound hikers, so I learned lots of their problems...

In Gear Lists » JMT for 2
August 07, 6:32pm

Re: Re: I'm so confused re: daily calorie requirements
"Cuts back on the whining" Yes, but not nearly enough. Whining is in their DNA. (On Kilimanjaro, we got to 16,000 feet in a fog, and one 14-year-old girl started whining. Her mother...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » I'm so confused re: daily calorie requirements
August 07, 6:00pm

Re: need gps advice
I'm not sure that roller coaster is the best term. More like a seesaw. Everybody was doing that loop in a clockwise direction, and I'm not sure that it would be any better. With the exce...

In GEAR » need gps advice
August 07, 4:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.