BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8171 - 8180 of 11438 | Page: 1 ...809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 ...1144

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Make Light Weight Tee Light Candle Lantern from plastic.
"You back your statement up with your observation that the cups were still cool after an hour." That was not my observation. It was Franco's. I think he is big on olive oil as a mu...

In Make Your Own Gear » Make Light Weight Tee Light Candle Lantern from plastic.
February 27, 12:03pm

Re: Re: A different look at the Giardia numbers
Tom, most water used in urban settings is treated and probably not infested with high risk of giardia. It is probably low risk, but it may not be zero risk. It doesn't take much imagination ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Drinking Water for Hiking: Myths and Facts
February 26, 9:01pm

Re: Huh.
Bill could expand the marketing of VVR by sending a fresh pie across the lake on the first ferry ride of the morning. Backpackers near the ferry landing would be drawn in. They could sell "rea...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Vermilion Valley Resort (VVR) "Free" Barrel
February 26, 8:05pm

Re: Make Light Weight Tee Light Candle Lantern from plastic.
I haven't yet made any negative comment. Would it be too much to try to use dental floss as the suspension? You could substitute olive oil for the water. It would add some ambience, deal ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Make Light Weight Tee Light Candle Lantern from plastic.
February 26, 7:58pm

Re: Re: What It's Like for Us Non-White Hiker's
I was hiking up Mount Fuji, and I think the local people assigned a trail name for me. Geijin. Fortunately or unfortunately, I knew what it meant, anything from Foreigner to Outsider to Whit...

In On the Web » What It's Like for Us Non-White Hiker's
February 26, 6:20pm

There is such a thing as the point of diminishing returns. --B.G.--

February 26, 6:05pm

If the container was still cool after an hour of use, then it was over-engineered. Maybe make it into a water pre-warmer, but then you would have to use it for an hour before tea time. --B.G.--

February 26, 4:38pm

Re: Re: pack recommendation for world travel
"Make sense that you can lose a smaller bag in small nooks under a bus/plane. I often find myself clutching my camera equipment on my lap while on a bus. Maybe I’ll have to get used to a lar...

In GEAR » pack recommendation for world travel
February 26, 4:31pm

Re: Re: Filtering idea
I use about two feet of tubing above the filter. Yes, I am not too convinced about what I hear about the DIY filters. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Filtering idea
February 26, 2:31pm

Re: Re: pack recommendation for world travel
Benjamin, I purchased one of those idiotic methods for a very large camera pack. I found that it takes too long to manipulate. Besides, it is within third-world technology to have bolt cutters. ...

In GEAR » pack recommendation for world travel
February 26, 2:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.