BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8171 - 8180 of 10329 | Page: 1 ...809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 ...1033

Forum » Thread

Re: What would be your ideal shelter for weathering one foot of east coast (sub-alpine) snow?
The ideal shelter would be a snow cave. It is difficult to dig a good snow cave in only 12-18 inches of snow, but you can shovel that snow into a big pile and then dig out the cave. --B.G.--

In GEAR » What would be your ideal shelter for weathering one foot of east coast (sub-alpine) snow?
October 08, 12:04pm

Re: Going lightweight for winter
There are many variables here that we can't address since we don't know what climate you will be in. There is more to climate than just temperature. Cross country skiers have to dress pr...

In Gear Lists » Going lightweight for winter
October 07, 8:31pm

Re: Dirt Cheap Backpacking... Help a noob
What helps is to find an active outdoor group. In some parts of the country, this is the Sierra Club, the Mountaineers, or the AMC. The people there will know more about what you need for your loca...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Dirt Cheap Backpacking... Help a noob
October 07, 6:10pm

Re: crampons 10 pt vs. 12 pt
Crampons are found in two major categories, 10 pt or 12 pt. As a general rule, 10 pt crampons are intended more for flat walking or on gentle slopes. Then 12 pt crampons are the same, except that t...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Beginner advice - Socal mtns in winter and Whitney
October 07, 4:06pm

Re: Re: "Best Free Stuff?"
One simply _snags_ some free packets. --B.G.--

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Best Free Stuff?
October 06, 11:40pm

Good news and bad news
I picked up one of these teapots at Daiso today. This one weighs 2.8 oz. The diameter is only 11 cm, so it could be used on a small alcohol burner. You could possibly rip off the plastic and alu...

In GEAR » Ultralight Kettle
October 06, 11:26pm

Re: SpinnShelter Specs
As long as you are trying to reinvent the wheel, let me throw in an extra cog. I've used my SpinnShelter for a few years, and this year I added a mosquito net skirt around the bottom so that I ...

In GEAR » SpinnShelter Specs
October 06, 1:42pm

Re: Which Esbit stand?
The one that I would not recommend is the Vargo Triad titanium alcohol/Esbit burner. I have one. I found it to be pretty mediocre for alcohol, and worse for Esbit. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Which Esbit stand?
October 06, 12:59am

Re: Where to buy Pertex Endurance?
I bought my last Pertex some years ago, and I haven't seen it available since then. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » Where to buy Pertex Endurance?
October 06, 12:54am

Re: Which Esbit stand?
the titanium GramCracker --B.G.--

In GEAR » Which Esbit stand?
October 05, 11:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.