Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8171 - 8180 of 12026 | Page: 1 ...809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 ...1203

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Insurance for upcoming thru-hike?
Besides, Roger, this is a debate that you don't want to enter unless you want to stand for political office here. We would like to have more respect for you than that. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Insurance for upcoming thru-hike?
April 18, 1:50pm

Re: Marmot Plasma 15*F sleeping bag. Under 2 lbs.
"I'm sure it's a fine bag, but it looks overpriced to me." REI dearly loves to see those high retail prices so that they can sell them discounted once or twice per year at 20% ...

In GEAR » Marmot Plasma 15*F sleeping bag. Under 2 lbs.
April 18, 1:04am

Re: Re: Walker's not finished yet....
Maybe Donald Trump could just come in and purchase Wisconsin. --B.G.--

In Chaff » The Wisconsin petri dish
April 17, 6:49pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Insurance for upcoming thru-hike?
Roger, are you inviting us Yanks to go down your way to become wards of the state? --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Insurance for upcoming thru-hike?
April 17, 6:43pm

Re: What to use for the floor of a bug bivy?
Whether we are talking about a bug bivvy or a regular bivvy, most people use some fabric that is fairly waterproof for the bottom. That suggests coated ripstop nylon, silnylon, or spinnaker fabric....

In Make Your Own Gear » What to use for the floor of a bug bivy?
April 17, 5:56pm

Re: First UL List
Zachary, you might want to mention where you operate. A list suitable for a three-day trip in Florida might not make any sense for a two-week trip in Alaska. --B.G.--

In Gear Lists » First UL List
April 17, 5:50pm

Re: Re: Insurance for upcoming thru-hike?
Roger, you ought to get out more. --B.G.--

April 17, 4:23pm

Re: Gossamer Gear Spinshelter users!
"Does putting seam grip at the tie - out seams add much strength?" How can you tell? I used seam sealer on all stitching. I don't see any positives or negatives. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Gossamer Gear Spinshelter users!
April 17, 4:21pm

Re: I heart my SPIN-twin
"I am 6'1'' tall, and the length is perfect, the width would be tight with two people, but not impossible." Yes, it can get tight if you have two sleepers, shoulder-to-shou...

In GEAR » Gossamer Gear Spinshelter users!
April 17, 2:26pm

Re: Re: PCT 2011 First Gear List Ever
This does not apply to the entire PCT, but the California mountains in general have 165% of a normal snowpack. That may cause some thru-hikers to adjust schedules and foot equipment. --B.G.--

In Gear Lists » PCT 2011 First Gear List Ever
April 17, 2:18pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.