BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8171 - 8180 of 11472 | Page: 1 ...809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 ...1148

Forum » Thread

Re: Hello all.
I do not believe that there is a large crowd here from the European continent with the exception of the U.K. There are some hill-walkers from the north country. --B.G.--

In Philosophy & Technique » Hello all.
March 04, 10:40pm

Re: homeopathic "meds" for altitude
This NO2 stuff might be useful for an old fart (self included), but I don't know how well it works. 2 NO2 -> 2 NO + O2 I have no idea how quickly it acts, but if Nitric Oxide and Oxyge...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » homeopathic "meds" for altitude
March 04, 10:19pm

Re: 2011 SUL Gear List
You might revise the weight of your headlamp to be correct for a headlamp with battery. --B.G.--

In Gear Lists » 2011 SUL Gear List
March 04, 7:35pm

Re: food pics
You just knocked me off my diet. --B.G.--

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » I know it is heavy but...
March 04, 5:34pm

Re: Re: homeopathic "meds" for altitude
"The last time I looked into this (maybe 3-4 years ago) it seems that acetazolamide was the only option that had a good evidence of being effective." Yes, true for about the last 15 ye...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » homeopathic "meds" for altitude
March 03, 11:26pm

Re: Re: Food Planning Using Pounds Per Person Per Day
Yes, so many of the dehydrated meat products are without taste. I work around that by carrying a small portion of olive oil, and I simmer the meat with olive oil in water. Then it begins to get som...

In Editor's Roundtable » Food Planning Using Pounds Per Person Per Day
March 02, 2:31pm

Re: Re: Chiffron vs No-see-um baffles
I could not agree more. The chiffon I tried was tearing before I could finish the project. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » Chiffron vs No-see-um baffels
March 02, 2:20pm

Re: Drinking Water for Hiking: Myths and Facts
Any mammal can harbor the organism. I have no proof of this, but a park ranger told me that was the reason why dogs are not allowed in the backcountry of Yosemite and most other national parks. ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Drinking Water for Hiking: Myths and Facts
March 02, 12:11am

Re: The Return of Tater Tuesdays!
"Variation: Add bacon bits." Alternatively, add McCormick Mesquite spice. That's my favorite for being spicy without being hot. --B.G.--

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » The Return of Tater Tuesdays!
March 01, 10:07pm

Re: AGG
Wayne, about AGG, I don't know for sure. Ask them. A year ago, I was shopping for a hooded rain jacket like that, but I didn't like the color that they showed. I contacted AGG and asked ...

In GEAR » Rain jacket
March 01, 8:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.