BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8171 - 8180 of 11448 | Page: 1 ...809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 ...1145

Forum » Thread

Re: Fishzole
"I met one poor hiker in 2009 that had a severe alergic reaction to it while on trail and that was doctor perscribed metronidazole." Matt, what was that severe allergic reaction? --...

In GEAR » Giardia Medicine
February 28, 7:04pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Giardia Medicine
"Oh, and the proper dosage of metronidazole for giardiasis for an adult is 500mg twice a day for 5-7days." Joshua, I have seen a lot of variation in the dosage, varying from one physic...

February 28, 6:23pm

Re: Giardia Medicine
Greg, did you read the warning about not for human use? --B.G.--

February 28, 4:49pm

Re: 3rd Annual GGG
"Where was --B.G.--? " The overnight event was filled to capacity, so I was left out of that. I thought about dayhiking in for the woodburner contest, but the standardized fuel plan ne...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual Bay Area BPL Hike
February 28, 3:37pm

Re: Solo hiking JMT, need transportation?
Hitching a ride is very likely, but lots of drivers will be picky about the sort of riders that they pick up. Fortunately, at Whitney Portal lots of people look that way. If you have a tiny pack th...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » JMT Hiking Partners Wanted
February 28, 3:20pm

Re: Drinking Water for Hiking: Myths and Facts
Mary, that has been done. However, to do a really good job of it, the whole project will be very expensive. Do you want your tax dollars to go for that? Twenty-five years ago the diabetics did n...

In Philosophy & Technique » Drinking Water for Hiking: Myths and Facts
February 28, 3:08pm

Re: 5 x 8 tarp
"How would I attach the guylines to these easton aluminum poles?" The standard solution is a clove hitch. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » 5 X 8 tarp
February 28, 2:48pm

Re: best alky stove for a mug type pot
Travis, my alcohol plan is that I use a side-burner when I have a slightly broader cook pot like an old boy scout pot. I use a top-burner when I have a slightly narrower cook pot, like a mug. Curre...

In GEAR » Fastest alcohol boil with a mug type pot
February 27, 7:46pm

Re: Fun meeting
One of the fixer-uppers in Henry Coe Park. --B.G.--

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual Bay Area BPL Hike
February 27, 6:05pm

Re: Make Light Weight Tee Light Candle Lantern from plastic.
Here is an idea. Instead of pure water, why not try a mixture of oil and water? If you find the right mix that you can colorize, you will have a lava lamp effect? --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » Make Light Weight Tee Light Candle Lantern from plastic.
February 27, 5:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.