BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8171 - 8180 of 11312 | Page: 1 ...809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 ...1132

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: re
Travis, you should write them a check to cover it. --B.G.--

In Chaff » The Wisconsin petri dish
February 19, 12:34am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Bad Customer Service
The most often that any down bag of mine has ever been washed was about once every ten years, and that was a bathtub wash, a tiny bit of down soap, with extra rinses, no squeezing, and a slow/long ...

In GEAR » I am now even more pssd off with Western Mountaineering
February 19, 12:32am

Re: I am now even more pssd off with Western Mountaineering
Around where I live, when somebody has a sleeping bag like that which is kind of marginally OK, but not quite right, it is donated to the local charities for the homeless. The bags get a whole new ...

February 18, 10:46pm

Re: Simmerlite Weight vs. WindPro Weight
Your analysis avoids some factors, perhaps rightfully so. One is cost. Liquid fuel tends to cost much less. Another factor is the BTU value of different fuels. You seem to blur together the mass we...

In GEAR » Simmerlite Weight vs. WindPro Weight
February 18, 10:41pm

Re: spinnaker
My GG Spinnshelter uses the same spinnaker fabric, but I've never found it to be a problem. It has no floor, so I sewed my own 2-ounce floor piece out of spinnaker. As long as I don't tr...

In GEAR » silnylon vs spinnaker cloth
February 18, 4:51pm

Re: Re: Sprint Aquatics
"My Sprint Aquatics made it 3-4 overnight trips before wearing a hole near the big toe." You can probably stitch them up with some Dyneema cord. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Has no one thought of this?
February 18, 4:47pm

Re: Re: Re: Only 30% of Americans Hold a Passport
"Tell me there's nothing to worry about..." There is not too much to worry about. I still travel internationally once in a while, but I make a point of reading the U.S. Department ...

In Chaff » Only 30% of Americans Hold a Passport
February 18, 4:45pm

Re: Bad Customer Service
In the business sense, Customer Service is never a profit center. It is a cost center. Business managers normally put their best employees into profit centers, since that generates the profit. Of c...

February 18, 2:07pm

Re: fine
Remember the old advice: Take off a layer before you get hot. Put on a layer before you get cold. --B.G.--

In GEAR » layers help/suggestions
February 18, 1:57pm

Re: I am now even more pssd off with Western Mountaineering
So, do you allege that the down simply started clumping up on its own? There is a big difference between knowing how to dry a bag and actually doing it correctly. --B.G.--

February 18, 12:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.