BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8171 - 8180 of 11072 | Page: 1 ...809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 ...1108

Forum » Thread

Re: Windproof sleeping bag?
If you are getting cold spots within the sleeping bag, then about the easiest thing to do is to double the thickness of your sleeping pad. If you use a half-inch pad, then get a second one to make ...

In GEAR » Windproof sleeping bag?
January 23, 11:27pm

Re: Windproof sleeping bag?
Nearly all sleeping bags are designed to be highly breathable and not windproof. The temperature rating of sleeping bags generally assumes that you are inside a tent or something to cut off wind. T...

In GEAR » Windproof sleeping bag?
January 23, 9:23pm

Re: was it Jay Wilerson?
Since I have never slept inside Coe Park, I guess that lets me off the hook. --B.G.--

In Philosophy & Technique » Bad Behavior
January 23, 8:52pm

Re: definitely bad form
"I think Bob Gross may have even spoken (or tried speaking) with him." I have no idea what you refer to. --B.G.--

In Philosophy & Technique » Bad Behavior
January 23, 8:45pm

Re: Re: "Bearier" bear canister
The spherical or egg shape will be a problem as compared to the traditional cylinder. It will roll (away) farther. A curious bear can push it from any direction and it might not stop rolling until ...

In GEAR » "Bearier" bear cannister
January 23, 3:09pm

Re: Re: RE Snow trip
"I don't know about the group numbers limitations for Dewey Point. If we really want to be safe, I guess we could reserve a permit." It does not hurt to call the ranger station. On...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Another snow trip?
January 23, 2:59pm

Re: Not backpacking, but indulge me anyway
I was hiking along the very same piece of beach on Saturday, except that I was there at high tide. A few of those elephant seals were sleeping on the sand. This one poor fellow (photo) was in troub...

In Post-Trip Reports » Not backpacking, but indulge me anyway
January 23, 1:22pm

Re: Where at henry coe
"Manzanita Point?" That's the current plan. --B.G.--

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual Bay Area BPL Hike
January 22, 11:26pm

Re: Re: Granite Pass
In the Army, there was a term for that: It's good training. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The old JMT
January 22, 10:55pm

Re: "Bearier" bear canister
There is a multiple use that a traditional bear canister has, and that is as a camp stool. I don't think that this egg-shaped thing would be much good there unless you try to prop it up on thre...

In GEAR » "Bearier" bear cannister
January 22, 10:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.