Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8171 - 8180 of 12550 | Page: 1 ...809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 ...1255

Forum » Thread

Re: Insight
" I am 5'11" right now and come from a tall family, according to the doctor I haven't even hit my growth spurt yet " Some of us have recently hit our growth spurt, but it ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben Tent Design
June 30, 11:45pm

Re: Rae Lakes 6/29/11
Very interesting. --B.G.--

In Post-Trip Reports » Anyone travel Rae Lakes Loop? 2010
June 30, 11:22pm

Re: WTB: NyloFume Vapor-Proof Bags
What size? [Size Matters!] The ones I have are 18"x36", I believe. --B.G.--

In Gear Swap » WTB: NyloFume Vapor-Proof Bags
June 30, 9:37pm

Anodizing Aluminum
Well, that was an interesting experiment. The electrolyte was 2 gallons of Exide battery fluid. The acid vat was a 2-gallon bucket, and the cathode was a length of heavy gauge aluminum wire. The po...

In Make Your Own Gear » Anodizing Aluminum
June 30, 9:33pm

Re: +1 On Fraying
I had purchased a cheap daypack years ago, and its fabric was fraying very early. I simply ran a line of seam sealer over each exposed seam, and that fixed it. Joann ripstop nylon is somewhere b...

In Make Your Own Gear » 1st ever MYOG: 2 oz day pack
June 30, 5:44pm

Re: Cooking in the rain
For sleeping purposes, I pitch a tarp so that the high point is about 40 inches off the ground. If it is a wind and rain storm, sometimes I pitch it slightly lower. For cooking purposes, I pitch a ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Cooking in the rain
June 30, 4:49pm

Re: Help picking footwear for August JMT?
There won't be much snow left by August. Heavy leather waterproof boots would be about my last choice. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Help picking footwear for August JMT?
June 30, 1:36pm

Re: Anodizing Aluminum
We have identified several commercial food or beverage containers that are made from aluminum, and they are candidates for this treatment. This includes aluminum beer bottles, plus maybe soft drink...

June 29, 2:10am

Re: Re: Bear canister on SHR
When I first started using bear canisters over ten years ago, I didn't know what I was doing. My food for each day was taking up more than 200 cubic inches of volume. That doesn't work. I h...

In GEAR » Bear canister on SHR - two questions
June 29, 2:05am

Re: Scotch brite
It seems to me that any inside lining out to bake out with excess heat. Then there is the problem of optional color dyes. There are acid dyes and vegetable dyes for fabric. Apparently those can ...

June 29, 1:59am

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.