Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8171 - 8180 of 12281 | Page: 1 ...809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 ...1229

Forum » Thread

Re: Always start on knees?
"I'm no expert, but I've heard that once you start sliding down a steep snow slope, you can build up to rocket speed almost instantaneously" Yes. On some slopes, it is totally ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Learning how to use an ice axe
May 13, 8:44pm

Re: Ursack Thumbs Down
Very interesting. It will be more interesting to see how that is enforced this summer. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Ursack Thumbs Down
May 13, 7:52pm

Re: Re: Advice for learning to climb snow.
Three of us had gone up to climb Mount Lyell, the highest point in Yosemite National Park. We had ice axes, but no crampons, because we intended to walk around the Lyell Glacier, not walk over it. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Learning how to use an ice axe
May 13, 7:17pm

Re: Looking for a better Button Compass
I have the same kind, so I can't help. I also have one of the REI zipper-pull compasses. The plastic base is too heavy, so I trimmed that off with a dremel tool. None of these are exactly...

In GEAR » Looking for a better Button Compass
May 13, 6:21pm

Re: MYOG Tyvek bandolier pack
Dustin, did you have a specific payload in mind for that pack? When I first glanced at the photos, I saw the orange cord and thought "That would never be comfortable." Then I saw the w...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Tyvek bandolier pack
May 13, 5:11pm

Re: "WTB: cooked, dehydrated pasta
Couscous, absolutely. I carry a mixture of couscous, dehydrated quinoa, and instant rice. --B.G.--

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » WTB: cooked, dehydrated pasta
May 13, 4:29pm

Re: Re: Re: Titanium Split Pea Lighter
"Do you typically take two mini-bics?" Never. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Mini-Bic lighter
May 13, 3:12pm

Re: solar
I live in Silicon Valley, and there are companies around that manufacture solar panels. If they have one that missed the quality control standard and it is only 90% as good as it is supposed to be,...

May 13, 3:06pm

Re: Tealight "stove"
Lots of people struggle with calling it a stove. It's easy if you call it an alcohol burner. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » Tealight Stove Problems
May 13, 2:52pm

Re: Re: oven dehydration
"On the dehydrating, yep - lowest setting on oven." I used to do it that way... with the oven door open an inch. A real electric food dehydrator works better. I run mine on solar pa...

May 13, 2:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.