BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8171 - 8180 of 11456 | Page: 1 ...809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 ...1146

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Yet One more thought
Crypto. Even its name is puzzling. I have not heard much about its occurence on the trail, or at least not on California trails. I've heard about public water outbreaks. It must be nasty. ...

In GEAR » Giardia Medicine
February 28, 9:39pm

Re: Re: Re: Yet One more thought
"Iodine too won't kill some protozoa." Benjamin, which ones did you have in mind? Maybe Cryptosporidium? --B.G.--

February 28, 9:30pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: It doesn't take much imagination
"where do the people that crap in the pools, etc, pick it up?" Perhaps they picked it up in the very same pool two weeks before. Or, in the case of a day care center... little k...

In Philosophy & Technique » Drinking Water for Hiking: Myths and Facts
February 28, 9:06pm

Re: Yet One more thought
"Bleach won't kill some of the protozoa" I think what Benjamin is saying is that low concentration bleach won't quickly or dependably kill Giardia cysts. I mean, a high enough ...

February 28, 8:59pm

Re: Where is the big G on the PCT?
"Personally I would rather carry the stupid antibiotic and self treat than wait and go pay a doctor to $100 bucks to tell me what i already know." That much, I understand. Do you think...

February 28, 7:48pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: One more thought
Greg, I am familiar with that area from Leavitt Meadows to the Yosemite border. I've certainly seen lots of pack animals. Inside the national park, the concessionaires are required to feed, ...

February 28, 7:38pm

Re: Alergic reaction to Metronidazole
Matt, you may or may not know this, but do you know the alternative drug that was prescribed by the next available doctor? I'm just curious. I'd like to arm myself with information. I...

February 28, 7:31pm

Re: Re: One more thought
Greg, based on that bad experience, can you make any assumptions about how or why you contracted giardiasis? I mean, if you were on a thru-hike and possibly drinking untreated water, if you back up...

February 28, 7:22pm

Re: Fishzole
"I met one poor hiker in 2009 that had a severe alergic reaction to it while on trail and that was doctor perscribed metronidazole." Matt, what was that severe allergic reaction? --...

February 28, 7:04pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Giardia Medicine
"Oh, and the proper dosage of metronidazole for giardiasis for an adult is 500mg twice a day for 5-7days." Joshua, I have seen a lot of variation in the dosage, varying from one physic...

February 28, 6:23pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.