Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8171 - 8180 of 12710 | Page: 1 ...809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 ...1271

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: TSA timetraveler
"Prior to 9-11, scissors were not an issue." Well, then, some airline security guy took my folding scissors from me at the Miami airport prior to 9/11. I still remember that he said, &...

In GEAR » Lightest scissors?
July 18, 12:14am

Re: Brittle hose
So, it sounds like my yellow pumps with intact flex hoses are anomalies. --B.G.--

In Gear Swap » wtb vintage MSR/Optimus stoves
July 17, 9:45pm

Re: Re: Lightest scissors?
I had some of those folding plastic scissors, and a TSA inspector in Miami grabbed them. That was even before 9/11. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Lightest scissors?
July 17, 9:43pm

Re: Re: early MSR pumps/stoves
If you look at that photo, look at the yellow pump, and look at the end opposite the piston handle. Isn't there a short flexible tube that goes there? Or, was that a later addition? My yellow p...

In Gear Swap » wtb vintage MSR/Optimus stoves
July 17, 8:20pm

Re: WHICH TYVEK FOR FOOTPRINT?
Plain spinnaker cloth worked fine for me. --B.G.--

In GEAR » WHICH TYVEK FOR FOOTPRINT?
July 17, 8:04pm

Re: Waterproof shell
Probably the Anti Gravity Gear hooded rain jacket, 4.6 oz, $69. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Waterproof shell
July 17, 11:39am

Re: dont feel bad
"More likely for a pack of wild dogs or a two-legged varmint." For two-legged varmint, I would suggest bear spray. That would teach him a lesson. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Are you "packing" while you are packing?
July 16, 10:14pm

Re: evernew 500 pot/mug
Why is it that below a certain volume, most cook pots have a certain shape, which I would describe as tall and narrow? Then above that certain volume, most have a different shape which is short and...

In GEAR » evernew 500 pot/mug
July 16, 10:12pm

Re: Re: GPS , topo maps or both? What do you bring?
(in the days before GPS) I was on a cross country ski trip with about ten others, all headed up to a remote cabin high above Lake Tahoe. For the first five miles, it was an unplowed jeep road, so w...

In GEAR » GPS , topo maps or both? What do you bring?
July 16, 9:08pm

Re: good advice here
"Theoretically SAR guys can know your track if they end up needing that." [footprint] Did you ever wonder how the SAR guys avoid tracking each other? I mean, if there would be a dozen ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » First solo trip
July 16, 7:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.