Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8171 - 8180 of 11768 | Page: 1 ...809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 ...1177

Forum » Thread

Re: Need help with gearlist
"Colt 1911 revolver 100 rounds 45 Long Colt bullets 2 extra bullet clips quik clot emergency trauma pak" Well, that says a lot right there! --B.G.--

In GEAR » Need help with gearlist
March 31, 10:46pm

Re: Re: New to this - how fast can one backpack (miles/day)?
Piper makes a good point about time. You really can't be spending hours per day packing and unpacking. You can enjoy the scenery as it goes by, but you can't really spend lots of time maint...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New to this - how fast can one backpack (miles/day)?
March 31, 10:04pm

Re: Re: New to this - how fast can one backpack (miles/day)?
I plead guilty. Way back when I was Barry's age, I planned an ultralight trip around the high country of Yosemite, with 3000-5000 vertical feet per day. The loop was 65 miles. Initially, I thou...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New to this - how fast can one backpack (miles/day)?
March 31, 9:59pm

Re: SUL handicapping system for Safety concerns
"a standard 38 sport coat" I think that is figured on a 38-inch chest size, not shoulders. --B.G.--

In Philosophy & Technique » SUL handicapping system for Safety concerns
March 31, 9:18pm

Re: Esbit?
You will be OK as long as you don't stick them up your nose. I'm not crazy about the fishy odor, either. If you don't like it, you can switch over to denatured alcohol. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Esbit?
March 31, 5:23pm

Re: Re: snow melting fuel estimates
Oh, yes. When cross country skiers are out for a long trip in the springtime, they have all sorts of tricks to be able to grab liquid water out of a stream, so that they don't have to melt snow...

In Editor's Roundtable » Comparative Fuel Efficiency and Carry Weight for Six Lightweight Backpacking Cooking Systems: Part II
March 31, 4:49pm

Re: Re: Lightweight backpacking should go metric!
Timothy, some products have a natural variability in weight. For example, a down sleeping bag. Between the fabric, the down, and the variation due to humidity, the darn thing can be all over the pl...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Lightweight backpacking should go metric!
March 31, 4:44pm

Re: :)
Since I ordered mine, I guess you could say that it really knocked the Momentum out of my DIY shelter project. --B.G.--

In GEAR » New Shelter
March 31, 3:59pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lightweight backpacking should go metric!
"I think Houses would be a little taller- the standard now is a +/- 9 ft ceiling, it would probably just become a 3 meter ceiling height, thus a few cm's (or inches) higher then they are n...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Lightweight backpacking should go metric!
March 31, 3:50pm

Re: Spiders and other bites
"My poor husband, however, gets dozens of bites...from something...every time he goes outside." Chiggers. Little red dots, almost microscopic. The bugs live in the grass. I had abou...

In GEAR » Tarps and . . . snakes? Please enlighten the noob
March 31, 3:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.