BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 811 - 820 of 1102 | Page: 1 ...73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ...111

Forum » Thread

ultra simple
I have used a few different types but I've settled on the Outdoor Research Utralite Dry Sacks. My 10 liter sack weighs 2 oz and the 5 litre sack weighs 1.6 oz. The reason I like this type i...

In GEAR » ultra simple
October 23, 10:15am

ultra simple
Using 2 light weight dry sacks has simplified things for me. One for my sleeping bag and the other for extra clothes. I never have to worry about anything getting wet or dirty. Rain or shine...

In GEAR » ultra simple
October 22, 11:20pm

ID Hot Socks v. Sierra Designs Down Mutts/Booties
You might want to check out Feathered Friends down booties. Really nice product and the outer boot can be removed so that you can sleep in the down inner boot. It's also nice to be able ...

In GEAR » ID Hot Socks v. Sierra Designs Down Mutts/Booties
October 21, 1:10pm

GPS
I'd definitely recommend the Garmin Etrex H series (the H is for high sensitivity so it will hold a satellite lock better). The "H" is the most important thing to look for if you dec...

In GEAR » Need GPS suggestions
October 14, 8:46pm

GPS
Your GPS 76CS doesn't compare to Garmin's new GPS units when it comes to maintaining a signal lock. Your old GPS 76CS had an older receiver that couldn't hold a satellite lock under he...

In GEAR » A "SIRF" Geko replcaement?!
October 13, 1:44am

West Coast Trail Gear Questions
Dan - When you end your JDF trail hike at Botanical Beach there is a short walk to the parking lot (less than a mile). This would be the best place to try to scrounge a ride. The problem i...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » West Coast Trail Gear Questions
October 08, 10:56pm

Ride back...
Dan - Mystic is a good option, I like that little beach and have used it to test/experiment with new gear (easy bailout but still nice). Any day hikers will be gone by around 4:00 p.m. and you&#...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » West Coast Trail Gear Questions
October 08, 4:18pm

How tough do you think your pack is?
I showed that video to my kids and they have big satisfied (told you so) smiles on their faces right now. They are both starving students (university) and when I tried to steer them towards so...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How tough do you think your pack is?
October 07, 9:34pm

Infections...
A few years back I was on a 3 day trip and was bitten on my shin at the top of my hiking boot (assumed mosquito). My boot top rubbed the bite and it became infected in a single day. By the time I...

In GEAR » Purell instead of Triple Antibiotic Ointment?
October 06, 1:22am

Posting a Long Gear List
Since this acts like a printer you have complete control on defining the page output size. You can pick from all of the standard page sizes or define a custom page size. For example, you can set ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Posting a Long Gear List
October 02, 10:24am

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm