Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 811 - 820 of 1122 | Page: 1 ...73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ...113

Forum » Thread

PLB's, SPOTS vs. Cutting the Cord
I've been following this thread for awhile and I must say it puzzles me... Why are so many BPL'er techno-phobes? It seems everbody on this forum is progessive when it comes to waterproo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » PLB's, SPOTS vs. Cutting the Cord
November 28, 11:10pm

Vest vs Jacket
I've experimented with a vest versus a down jacket and I do know that my arms got uncomfortably cold. I was trying to get down to 32F comfortably while inactive. I wore a fleece shirt over my...

In GEAR » Vest vs Jacket
November 27, 1:57am

Jacket Suggestion
Both are good jackets but it depends on how you expect to use them. I currently own the Thermawrap and I use it for hiking on cold days but I find it a bit light on insulation for sitting arou...

In GEAR » Jacket Suggestion
November 17, 8:35pm

Water Filter Failure
>>The stream I am drinking from will NOT cause illness in healthy humans (children included).<< -1 ... but HYOH (and I hope the otters, beavers, deer, geese, dogs and other backp...

In GEAR » Water Filter Failure
November 17, 8:16pm

Water Filter Failure
Keith - I can't find the orginal page that had the table (it was quite a while back) but I do have the following link that that also indicates that .02 microns isn't going to get all the...

November 16, 7:22pm

Contaminated water sources...
I think a common misconception is that a water source is either good or bad. From everything that I've read and from personal experience, it's more likely that you will find small even...

November 15, 11:10am

Water Filter Failure
Keith - Unless the filter contains an iodine treatment internal to the filter (some do) then the .02 micron filter won't get all viruses. I borrowed this chart from a web page somewhere but...

November 14, 10:04pm

Steripen
>>...cypto is not considered a common protozoa in N. America.<< Dan - Don't put too much faith in what the manufacturer of a product says on their product insert (or website)...

In GEAR » Steripen
November 11, 5:38pm

Steripen
Ken - >> You can get little charcoal filters that fit inside a large mouth Nalgene to go along with, to handle funky flavors.<< Where can I get one of these?

In GEAR » Steripen
November 11, 10:45am

Steripen...
Dan - Protozoa are not uncommon in North America. Even MEC has an article that mentions it David - >>I carry a 2L evernew and a 700 ml drinking bottle strapped to my pack<< ...

In GEAR » Steripen
November 11, 1:46am

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm