BPL Community Profile

Ryan Faulkner (ryanf) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid atlantic, No. Cal
About Me My name is Ryan Faulkner, i am 17 years old, and have been UL backpacking for about 7 years. I have been inspired by hikers like Andrew Skurka, and Ryan Jordan, and have dedicated my trips to going light and fast.
I plan on hiking the PCT and AT before finishing college, and after I hope to get some sort of a career in the backpacking industry.(I havent quite figured out how exactly, but i will :)
I have some big plans for the future, but ill keep those quiet for now ;-P
StateVirginia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.ryanfaulknerphotography.com
My PDF Gear ListWinds-Yellowstone Trek 2008

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 811 - 820 of 916 | Page: 1 ...73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: CHEAP!!!!!!!
I was going to mention the inaccurate temperature rating when I posted som pictures but here I go. most of the temps my dad has used it were in the low forties except for a few nights in the 35 ra...

In GEAR » Lightweight 3-season synthetic bag?
November 05, 1:22pm

CHEAP!!!!!!!
For the cheapest light weight bag look at http://www.majorsurplusnsurvival.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=027117&Category_Code=35 this is the bag my dad brought to philmon...

November 05, 12:46pm

mont bell
My vote is for montbell. they are my favorite sleeping bag company. I have a summer synthetic bag now discontinued called the clo-up sheet (similar to their down thermal sheets) and it has the ligh...

November 05, 12:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Images

In GEAR » need a new bag ya'll
November 04, 4:18am

Re: Images
Paul if the image says "Image hosted by Photobucket" the the poster has probably deleted the image from photobucket,(this happend to me in this forum)(1st page) and if the tag appears then it is ...

November 04, 4:10am

Re: Re: Re: Alcohol Stoves...again
Joe could you fill your stove using a BPL red spout cap? http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/platypus-lil-nipper-spout-caps.html

In GEAR » Alcohol Stoves...again
November 03, 9:10pm

Arc X
I have heard alot about this bag but it is not in the gear shop. Ryan J is there any chance of this bag being sold in the future if so wht would the price be like

In GEAR » Arc X
November 03, 9:05pm

Re: Re: Re: Super Stretch
Bill have you ever made a stretch bag?

November 03, 8:57pm

Re: Re: Super Stretch
the bags have a large size before the stretch so I dont stretch the baffles at all if I am sleeping motionless, they only come into play when rolling around. and the stretch pulls the bag close to ...

November 03, 8:29pm

Re: Re: alpenlite/superstretch/helium/etc
I dont know if I am a big or small guy, you decide, I am 5'10 1/2" 160lbs (7% body fat :-)> ) and i have said many times that mont bell makes excellent bags and I dont see why the wont work for an...

November 03, 8:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
I am so glad I found this website, before this site I was carrying a 30-40lb pack, after reading the articles I got my list under 10, and after joining the forums, well carrying less than 4 pounds is ...

In Books and Media
December 31, 10:20pm

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
Good thought. I bring this stove whenever I need to simmer, one disadvantage of alcohol stoves. I like it much, much, much better than the MSR pocket rocket, the 4 titanium stands are much more ...

In Stoves - Canister
December 30, 1:25pm

ThermoJet MicroLite
I did not buy this stove, in fact, I have never bought a alcohol stove, but have many of the MBD stoves and tonight added this wonder to my collection. I actually

In Stoves - Alcohol
December 09, 9:56pm

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
I did not purchase a pocket puck from mini bull design, but from looking at pictures and from expeience from making other stoves I made my own flattened side burner stove. I like the overall design, w...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 06, 1:16pm