BPL Community Profile

Max Dilthey (mdilthey) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MaxTheCyclist.com
About Me 24 year old backpacker, cyclist, and university outing club leader. As an environmental science major, I have been making the outdoors the priority of my existence since 2011.
StateMA
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.MaxTheCyclist.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Max Dilthey

Showing 811 - 820 of 2736 | Page: 1 ...73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ...274

Forum » Thread

Windshirts
For 30's to high 40's, I'd be inclined to use the windshirt over my baselayer, but I run warm. I would put the fleece on over the windshirt when I stop, and take it off again when I con...

In GEAR » Clothing System Help
December 03, 10:22am

Storm-Testing to Come
I don't own a 4-season tent, so I try to camp in sheltered areas in midwinter, and I wouldn't open the door in snowy, windy weather. I have yet to put this thing through a storm, and no...

In GEAR » Short Report: Fly Creek UL1 Platinum
December 03, 10:19am

Lofty Fleece Layer
I remember when Skurka talked about how he needed fleece during cold, wet trips as insulation where down just wouldn't cut it. That kind of woke up a lot of people, including me, into the impor...

In GEAR » Lofty Fleece Layer
December 03, 10:15am

Ah, sizing
I would definitely go for a merino wool hoodie for layering. I hear you on the sizing. I've always been between M and L. Luckily, I'm your weight and tall, so Patagonia's large is a...

In GEAR » Lightweight, hooded long sleeve shirt options?
December 03, 7:58am

Looks fine!
He added photos of everything that are even time-stamped, and isn't giving anything away. This looks perfectly legit to me. Good luck!

In Gear Swap » FS: GoLite Shangri-La 5/ Adrenaline 1+ 40°F, Exped Bivi-Ponchos, Silva Solar-Chargers/ Headlamps, Patagonia, Sealline Backpack,TW-Tarp, Wiggy`s UL 20°F ...ALL NEW
December 03, 7:54am

Go Light
It's a cave, not a coffin. A cave is, in my opinion, always larger than a tent. If it isn't, why are you cooking, let alone caving there? So, I think the Carbon Monoxide risk is negligib...

In GEAR » Jetboil Sol vs Fire Maple FMS-117 or...
December 02, 10:29pm

Dimensions
Happen to know the dimensions?

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD cuben fiber ground sheet for the SOLO-MID
December 02, 9:23pm

Budget Alternative
Boreas Buttermilks are on sale on The Clymb in their 365 section. They come in 40L and 55L versions. You get a single compartment gridstop pack at about 3lbs with a fantastic lumbar pad and an inte...

In GEAR » Searching for a new pack
December 02, 6:24pm

Smartwool
My baselayer bottoms are hardly fitted. I imagine you can just slide them down. But, obviously, if that were the case, you wouldn't be posting! I have had zero issues with rise from my S...

In GEAR » Low-rise bottoms?
December 02, 6:20pm

<3
Ugh, she's beautiful. Someone take her camping.

In Gear Swap » FS: Hooded Western Mountaineering Flash Down Jacket L
December 02, 6:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Max Dilthey

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Kelty backpacks redwing 3100, red cloud 6650
I have two packs; a lightweight pack and a big, indestructible monster. It's good to have something reliable to fall back on for deep winter, or trips where you're carrying extra gear for some...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
February 02, 5:52am

Boreas Men's Buttermilk 40
Fit: This bag has a superb fit that places more pressure on your lower back, which distributes weight to the hips and keeps your upper back cool. I was impressed with how well this pack vented, even w...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
November 24, 7:19pm