BPL Community Profile

Max Dilthey (mdilthey) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MaxTheCyclist.com
About Me 24 year old backpacker, cyclist, and university outing club leader. As an environmental science major, I have been making the outdoors the priority of my existence since 2011.
StateMA
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.MaxTheCyclist.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Max Dilthey

Showing 811 - 820 of 2743 | Page: 1 ...73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ...275

Forum » Thread

Re: 300 weight Polartec
"P.S. I thought the fleece v.s. shelled synthetic insulation debate was long ago settled in favor of shelled synthetic jackets." ---------------- I liken that to a shoes VS. sandals...

In GEAR » Lofty Fleece Layer
December 03, 12:37pm

Grid is Not For Me
Eric, That confirms exactly what I'm talking about. An R1 piece is wasted unless you wear it right up against your skin or a thin baselayer. This is also the reason I didn't get a gri...

December 03, 12:28pm

Custom Tents
Not to be a negative nancy, but I think the answer to custom BA tents is "Keep Dreaming." For one, the amount of options they already have is nearly unrivaled in modern tent manufactur...

In GEAR » Short Report: Fly Creek UL1 Platinum
December 03, 12:25pm

LET'S TALK THEORY!
One of the reasons I like this particular fleece over a lot of others is the simplicity. No pockets, no thumb loops, no hood, no plastic zipper pulls, no toggles, no liner. For a minimalist, it...

December 03, 12:03pm

Furthermore
I will add this: if the temperatures are in the 30's-40's and it's not windy, leave your 9-oz windshirt at home. The fleece will be fine to regulate your temperature, and saving more th...

In GEAR » Clothing System Help
December 03, 11:04am

Thanks
Yes, it's a 1/4 zip. Thanks for that. :) I also saw a Hoodie on gear swap once, but it looks like Patagonia discontinued other varieties. There's still a Micro-D beanie and scarf, and a ...

December 03, 10:59am

Splashback
Hi Will, I agree, the choice between materials would definitely be a plus. I am looking at about a 3" height on the tent's inner nylon sidewalls, and then it turns to mesh. Looks like e...

December 03, 10:38am

Windshirts
For 30's to high 40's, I'd be inclined to use the windshirt over my baselayer, but I run warm. I would put the fleece on over the windshirt when I stop, and take it off again when I con...

In GEAR » Clothing System Help
December 03, 10:22am

Storm-Testing to Come
I don't own a 4-season tent, so I try to camp in sheltered areas in midwinter, and I wouldn't open the door in snowy, windy weather. I have yet to put this thing through a storm, and no...

December 03, 10:19am

Lofty Fleece Layer
I remember when Skurka talked about how he needed fleece during cold, wet trips as insulation where down just wouldn't cut it. That kind of woke up a lot of people, including me, into the impor...

December 03, 10:15am

All Reader Reviews by Max Dilthey

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Kelty backpacks redwing 3100, red cloud 6650
I have two packs; a lightweight pack and a big, indestructible monster. It's good to have something reliable to fall back on for deep winter, or trips where you're carrying extra gear for some...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
February 02, 5:52am

Boreas Men's Buttermilk 40
Fit: This bag has a superb fit that places more pressure on your lower back, which distributes weight to the hips and keeps your upper back cool. I was impressed with how well this pack vented, even w...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
November 24, 7:19pm