Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Max Dilthey (mdilthey) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MaxTheCyclist.com
About Me 24 year old backpacker, cyclist, and university outing club leader. As an environmental science major, I have been making the outdoors the priority of my existence since 2011.
StateMA
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.MaxTheCyclist.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Max Dilthey

Showing 811 - 820 of 2791 | Page: 1 ...73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ...280

Forum » Thread

Minimalists
I like my Vivobarefoot Gobi and my Skora Form shoes. Both are leather, but the Forms are much more casual and comfortable, albeit a little less minimal. In case someone else is wondering.

In GEAR » Casual, leather barefoot shoes besides the Soft Star Rogue?
December 09, 2:20pm

It's yours.
AJ, go ahead, I need more of a bathtub bottom than the Borah Gear model.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Water-Resistant Bivy (MLD Superlight or Similar)
December 09, 1:55pm

TiGoat Ptarmigan Bivy vs MLD Superlight Bivy
Am I missing something? These bivy bags look remarkably similar, only TiGoat's bivy is almost half the price and still lighter weight. Is there something about the MLD bivy that I'm missing...

In GEAR » TiGoat Ptarmigan Bivy vs MLD Superlight Bivy
December 09, 9:53am

Still lookin'
Anyone else?

In Gear Swap » WTB: Water-Resistant Bivy (MLD Superlight or Similar)
December 09, 8:41am

Jokes
All my brothers are younger and size 5 boots are really, really small. Not even their girlfriends will fit. They look expensive. I dated punk chicks in high school and broke chicks in college- ...

In GEAR » The Clymb is keeping me looking fresh.
December 08, 8:43pm

The Dilthey Squint
Diltheys were born with a healthy squint. I have a genetic predisposition for wood-burning.

In GEAR » Goggles with closed cell foam for dealing with wood fires and preventing eye irritation
December 08, 8:34pm

That seems to be it...
Yeah, I can't find anything online other than a scientific study that showed humans in colder climates adapted to be rounder because it decreased their surface area for better heat retention. S...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Gaining weight from sleeping in the cold?
December 08, 8:31pm

Tell Me It's The Cold
No more than usual. Once a week I'll have 3-5 beers with friends at the bar. All fall and spring of 2012, I drank maybe 10-15 per week because that was my "be a college student" year....

December 08, 8:20pm

Hot Flash? Excellent.
Good, that should decrease my pack weight when I drop a fleece from my kit.

December 08, 8:11pm

Gaining weight from sleeping in the cold?
Hailing All Nutrition Experts! I'm not worried or anything, but I'm curious about some weight fluctuation I've had this fall. I've slept outside almost every night since about...

December 08, 7:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Max Dilthey

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Kelty backpacks redwing 3100, red cloud 6650
I have two packs; a lightweight pack and a big, indestructible monster. It's good to have something reliable to fall back on for deep winter, or trips where you're carrying extra gear for some...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
February 02, 5:52am

Boreas Men's Buttermilk 40
Fit: This bag has a superb fit that places more pressure on your lower back, which distributes weight to the hips and keeps your upper back cool. I was impressed with how well this pack vented, even w...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
November 24, 7:19pm