BPL Community Profile

Max Dilthey (mdilthey) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MaxTheCyclist.com
About Me 24 year old backpacker, cyclist, and university outing club leader. As an environmental science major, I have been making the outdoors the priority of my existence since 2011.
StateMA
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.MaxTheCyclist.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Max Dilthey

Showing 811 - 820 of 2749 | Page: 1 ...73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ...275

Forum » Thread

The Best BPL Article Ever Written
Midweight merino wool, I find, is quite pleasant when wet. The science is covered extensively in my favorite BPL article, found here: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/c...

In GEAR » Lofty Fleece Layer
December 03, 1:25pm

Beater Fleece
Dale, the only time I think your R1 is a poor choice is when it's over another R1 vest. YMMV, though, it's definitely doing something, just not as much as it could. My around-town, fix-...

December 03, 1:16pm

I still don't buy it.
Any way you spin it, you're literally tripling the manufacturing. 1 type of fly becomes 3 types of flys (flies?). One inner becomes 3 inners. That's a big increase in overhead, which is pro...

In GEAR » Short Report: Fly Creek UL1 Platinum
December 03, 1:01pm

Time to Waste Time
Ian, I am now hunting for a moving BPL profile picture. Thanks....

December 03, 12:49pm

The Holy Grail of Packs
When you find this pack, let us know... good luck!

In Gear Swap » WTB Winter grade pack 65 liters +
December 03, 12:46pm

Boycotting Marmot
I'm not alone in the sentiment, but my distrust of Marmot after shoddy workmanship left me with uselessly torn rain jackets and delaminating seam tape in conditions where I needed a reliable co...

In GEAR » Marmot Quasar Hoody -- ultralight down
December 03, 12:39pm

Re: 300 weight Polartec
"P.S. I thought the fleece v.s. shelled synthetic insulation debate was long ago settled in favor of shelled synthetic jackets." ---------------- I liken that to a shoes VS. sandals...

December 03, 12:37pm

Grid is Not For Me
Eric, That confirms exactly what I'm talking about. An R1 piece is wasted unless you wear it right up against your skin or a thin baselayer. This is also the reason I didn't get a gri...

December 03, 12:28pm

Custom Tents
Not to be a negative nancy, but I think the answer to custom BA tents is "Keep Dreaming." For one, the amount of options they already have is nearly unrivaled in modern tent manufactur...

In GEAR » Short Report: Fly Creek UL1 Platinum
December 03, 12:25pm

LET'S TALK THEORY!
One of the reasons I like this particular fleece over a lot of others is the simplicity. No pockets, no thumb loops, no hood, no plastic zipper pulls, no toggles, no liner. For a minimalist, it...

December 03, 12:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Max Dilthey

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Kelty backpacks redwing 3100, red cloud 6650
I have two packs; a lightweight pack and a big, indestructible monster. It's good to have something reliable to fall back on for deep winter, or trips where you're carrying extra gear for some...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
February 02, 5:52am

Boreas Men's Buttermilk 40
Fit: This bag has a superb fit that places more pressure on your lower back, which distributes weight to the hips and keeps your upper back cool. I was impressed with how well this pack vented, even w...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
November 24, 7:19pm