BPL Community Profile

Max Dilthey (mdilthey) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MaxTheCyclist.wordpress.com
About Me 23 year old backpacker, cyclist, and university outing club leader. As an environmental science major, I have been making the outdoors the priority of my existence since 2011.
StateMA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Max Dilthey

Showing 811 - 820 of 2374 | Page: 1 ...73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ...238

Forum » Thread

Smartwool Rocks
Been using Smartwool Midweight for sleeping since almost Day 1 of my camping life. I'm still on the same set.

In GEAR » Sleeping clothes
October 09, 7:41pm

Re: Bug Out Bag / Prepper Setup / Survival-based UL kit and philosophy
>>"If you knew the real impact of the incoming Solar Max* (any time now) you would not flippantly talk about a 72 hour survival. I can't disclose any more information right now but ...

In GEAR » Bug Out Bag / Prepper Setup / Survival-based UL kit and philosophy
October 09, 7:37pm

PM Sent
I'll take the TNF "Expedition Proven" t-shirt for $10. Thanks! PM Sent!

In Gear Swap » FS: Clothing, Footwear, Handwear, Many Items
October 09, 7:29pm

Minimalist ≠ No Padding
I get less calf pain using zero-drop shoes. I try to use nothing else. I think the idea that a raised heel "propels" you is marketing. Salomon used this for the 14mm raised Synapse, an...

In GEAR » heel-toe drop on trail runners?
October 09, 5:56pm

Chest Backpacks
Not sure, but those packs that put 1/2 the weight on your front seem to get really good reviews for reducing back strain. Someone here remembers the name.

In GEAR » Bad Back
October 09, 9:49am

Sweet!
I just made a thread wondering about the durability of my new BA Fly Creek tent... It's really, really good to hear they'll take care of me if an issue pops up. I'm feeling really good ...

In GEAR » Thumbs up for Big Agnes
October 09, 7:18am

Nobody Screws Dilthey
These posts always crush me. You guys need to learn how to argue over the phone!

In GEAR » Bad experience with Jetboil
October 08, 8:57pm

Tape it up!
Same thought: Bicycle handlebar tape. Corky and soft!

In GEAR » Gossamer Gear LT Poles
October 08, 8:36pm

Mt. Lafayette, Mt. Lincoln, NH
Just posted about this trip at maxthecyclist.wordpress.com Enjoy!

In Post-Trip Reports » Mt. Lafayette, Mt. Lincoln, NH
October 08, 7:49pm

In reality, use your brain.
I'm also a skeptic. I can only see a "bug out bag" being useful in your vehicle. In my house right now, which is stocked by the expertise and foresight of a yoga teacher and a mus...

In GEAR » Bug Out Bag / Prepper Setup / Survival-based UL kit and philosophy
October 08, 7:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Max Dilthey

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Kelty backpacks redwing 3100, red cloud 6650
I have two packs; a lightweight pack and a big, indestructible monster. It's good to have something reliable to fall back on for deep winter, or trips where you're carrying extra gear for some...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
February 02, 5:52am

Boreas Men's Buttermilk 40
Fit: This bag has a superb fit that places more pressure on your lower back, which distributes weight to the hips and keeps your upper back cool. I was impressed with how well this pack vented, even w...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
November 24, 7:19pm