Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Michael Ray (topshot) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Middle-aged father who got into backpacking late (2009) and wants to encourage his 17 and 8 year old sons to backpack lightweight. Video trip reports of all the adventures so far are on my YT site below.
StateIndiana
My Website URLhttp://www.youtube.com/user/topshotrhit
My PDF Gear ListMaroon Bells - August 2011

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Ray

Showing 801 - 810 of 1056 | Page: 1 ...72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ...106

Forum » Thread

Re: Blue-Green algae (Cyanobacteria
> However, people could unknowingly drink water containing cyanobacterial toxins released from blooms that have died naturally. How long do the toxins last or should we just never drink from ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Blue-Green algae (Cyanobacteria
June 12, 10:30am

Re: Finding 24 oz Heineken cans
Normally you need to go to an actual liquor store vs a big chain (at least in my city), but it may be cheaper to take Javan up on his offer unless you like Heineken.

In Make Your Own Gear » Finding 24 oz Heineken cans
June 11, 10:03pm

Re: UL Creatures
Ichneumon wasp in GSMNP

In Photo Gallery » UL Creatures
June 09, 9:59pm

Re: "New Scout Buyer's Guide"
> You guys would not believe the fight I am having Oh, yes, I would! I feel your pain.

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » New Scout Buyer's Guide
June 08, 6:19pm

Re: wire stakes
Al, They're 1/16 as close as I can measure on a standard tape, certainly no more than .070, but they are clearly stiffer & larger than my mower throttle cable, which is clearly less than 1...

In Philmont » Homemade tents
June 08, 12:48pm

Aluminized LDPE tent body
Here is Prototype 1 (and likely the only one for now) of my 8x6 tarp in a quick to-the-ground pitch.Max opening height is 41" with a 4' width in this pitch. Total body weight so far is 6.5...

June 08, 7:34am

Re: Re: Aluminized mylar tent body
Al, I'm impressed you could cut the roll in half. I didn't want to dig out my exacto, so just used a new utility knife blade and could only get through maybe 1/3 of the layers. So I used t...

June 07, 9:50am

Re: Re: FS: Golite Jam Womens Medium New with tags
Do you still have this? If so what year is it? I'll take it for our Scout troop if it fits 15.5-17.5. They seemed to have change their sizing - that used to be women's small and now it'...

In Gear Swap » FS: Golie Jam and Golite Pinnacle Womens Medium New with tags
June 04, 10:49pm

Re: Best storm pitch for flat tarp?
HYOH as they say or Pitch-YOP in this case. Part of my leaning toward the half pyramid is I would think an A would take longer to set up and I'd have to use more netting to keep bugs out. It...

In GEAR » Best storm pitch for flat tarp?
June 04, 2:47pm

WTB: 2600-3800 in^3 packs for young Boy Scouts
I'm looking for packs of any style 3 pounds or less that could be used by 13-17" torsos (12 year old boys). Something like the GoLite Jam or Pinnacle in women's small would be ideal (I...

In Gear Swap » WTB: 2600-3800 in^3 packs for young Boy Scouts
June 04, 10:22am

All Reader Reviews by Michael Ray

Michael Ray has posted no reviews.