Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Michael Ray (topshot) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Middle-aged father who got into backpacking late (2009) and wants to encourage his 17 and 8 year old sons to backpack lightweight. Video trip reports of all the adventures so far are on my YT site below.
StateIndiana
My Website URLhttp://www.youtube.com/user/topshotrhit
My PDF Gear ListMaroon Bells - August 2011

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Ray

Showing 801 - 810 of 1063 | Page: 1 ...72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ...107

Forum » Thread

LDPE no-sew (almost) tent
Thought I'd add a thread here for my first prototype of a LDPE tent. I hope to use this in the Wind River range in a couple weeks. You can see the original tent that spawned this and somewh...

In Make Your Own Gear » LDPE no-sew (almost) tent
July 11, 5:21pm

Sewing thru duct tape
Al, How did you manage to sew through the clear duct tape without gumming the needle? What size needle did you use? I had hoped the duct tape would be enough to hold the slightly overlapped mes...

In Philmont » Homemade tents
July 11, 5:05pm

Re: bleach in carry on
It's not bleach, it's water purification liquid. ;)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Collapsable Hiking Poles on Plane
July 09, 9:24pm

Re: Ligters in carry on?
Bob, They are not allowed to be CHECKED - that is what is prohibited. I just noticed I can't take my dropper bottle of bleach either so will ship that, too. It's so much more dangerous ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Collapsable Hiking Poles on Plane
July 09, 8:58pm

Re: Re: Olive Oil in carry on?
Thanks, Ben. I do happen to have two 2 oz Nalgenes though the flip-tops won't fit them. What about empty drink bottles (1 liter or 32 oz)? Do I have to buy those at the destination, too? ...

July 09, 5:39pm

Olive Oil in carry on?
How does the 3-1-1 rule work in practice? I think my olive oil bottle is 4 oz so can I only carry 3.4 oz in that bottle or do I need to get a 100 ml bottle? Can you have more than 1 bottle as long ...

July 09, 2:30pm

Re: skinny and use a medium driducks
> It's pretty loose on me but just right for a really really lofty 14 oz Down Jacket (FUGU New Balance) + baselayer. I suspect that at 165 lbs, a medium would be OK for most layers of insula...

In GEAR » DRiDucks Sizing?
June 14, 7:22pm

Re: Blue-Green algae (Cyanobacteria
> However, people could unknowingly drink water containing cyanobacterial toxins released from blooms that have died naturally. How long do the toxins last or should we just never drink from ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Blue-Green algae (Cyanobacteria
June 12, 10:30am

Re: Finding 24 oz Heineken cans
Normally you need to go to an actual liquor store vs a big chain (at least in my city), but it may be cheaper to take Javan up on his offer unless you like Heineken.

In Make Your Own Gear » Finding 24 oz Heineken cans
June 11, 10:03pm

Re: UL Creatures
Ichneumon wasp in GSMNP

In Photo Gallery » UL Creatures
June 09, 9:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Michael Ray

Michael Ray has posted no reviews.