Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Michael Ray (topshot) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Middle-aged father who got into backpacking late (2009) and wants to encourage his 17 and 8 year old sons to backpack lightweight. Video trip reports of all the adventures so far are on my YT site below.
StateIndiana
My Website URLhttp://www.youtube.com/user/topshotrhit
My PDF Gear ListMaroon Bells - August 2011

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Ray

Showing 801 - 810 of 1079 | Page: 1 ...72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ...108

Forum » Thread

Re: Wind River / Maroon Bells for newbie
TR is in the works. Wind Rivers portion is just about done.

In Gear Lists » Wind River / Maroon Bells for newbie
August 13, 1:28pm

Re: Small carry-on knives on Plane
> Edit: I just remembered that under Obama things Are changing. For instance, a folding knife under 4" is now allowed. Go Figure. Not yet. Scissors under 4" are OK, but not knives. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Collapsable Hiking Poles on Plane
August 12, 6:50am

Re: LDPE Film Thickness / Zipper or not?
Lawson, According to Heatsheets, they are 1 mil vs typically 1/2 mil for mylar blankets. Vick, I think the added weight of the required mesh would exceed that of the zipper at least in my appl...

In Make Your Own Gear » LDPE no-sew (almost) tent
August 11, 10:15am

Re: Re: Wind River / Maroon Bells for newbie
Security was a breeze - didn't even have to open my backpack with all my homemade needle stakes. Now waiting for my overbooked flight to Denver. Plane just arrived.

July 29, 2:01pm

Re: Lunar Duo, pack with ridge poles in place
I normally pitch it sans poles and then climb in and slide the poles into the sleeves and then adjust tieouts as needed. I take the poles out from inside when taking it down as well.

In GEAR » Lunar Duo, pack with ridge poles in place
July 27, 8:18pm

Re: Wind River / Maroon Bells for newbie
I might try to nix the comp bag. I never liked the feel of my pack just stuffing the Sub Kilo in the bottom but now I just removed the back pad and am rolling a CCF pad inside so I may not be able ...

July 26, 1:03pm

Wind River / Maroon Bells for newbie
Heading off for my second major trip in a few days. Mostly want advice on whether I should take one of the other few pieces of clothing I own instead of something I've chosen. I have a Cap 3 &a...

July 26, 11:04am

Re: LDPE tarptent weight
I'm not going to make my 16 oz target. :( I'm at 16.6 with everything except the "storm door" now. However, that also includes extra LDPE and tape that had to be used as patches a...

July 25, 8:48pm

LDPE tarptent weight
Finally weighed it now that I had to sew the mesh on vs just tape. 10.6 oz (298g) for LDPE, tape, noseeum mesh, 5 short shockcord tieout loops, and 7 short Triptease guylines. Doesn't include d...

July 15, 2:32pm

Re: Plastic snaps
Roger, What did you use for backing to keep from tearing the netting?

July 15, 7:54am

All Reader Reviews by Michael Ray

Michael Ray has posted no reviews.