BPL Community Profile

Michael Ray (topshot) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Middle-aged father who got into backpacking late (2009) and wants to encourage his 16 and 7 year old sons to backpack lightweight. Video trip reports of all the adventures so far are on my YT site below.
StateIndiana
My Website URLhttp://www.youtube.com/user/topshotrhit
My PDF Gear ListMaroon Bells - August 2011

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Ray

Showing 801 - 810 of 1036 | Page: 1 ...72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ...104

Forum » Thread

Re: lightest external frame (for smaller Scouts)
> The most useful packs are external frame packs, and my smallest frame sizes are the most used. They are handier than internal frame packs, because the scout can lash on big fat sleeping bags a...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Recommend Big 3 as "loaners" for Scouts
May 27, 9:19pm

Re: BSA Leader Training School Offered by BPL May 21-23
How did it go?

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » BSA Leader Training School Offered by Backpacking Light May 21-23
May 26, 9:44pm

Re: Outdoor Products internal frame backpack (Walmart)
> The OP $29 internal frame pack that I looked at tonight with tags on was .91 kg. I'm 6' and the waist strap was at my belly button. It might fit a scout. The label didn't list a vo...

May 25, 6:48am

Re: Outdoor Products internal frame backpack (Walmart)
> Outdoor Products internal frame backpack. - Under 2 and a half pounds, $29.00 at Walmart. Never would have guessed it was that light. May have to buy one myself just to see, how it adjusts ...

May 23, 3:58pm

Re: Recommend adjustable pack for Scouts
Let's limit it now to best pack for under $100. Criteria would be under 3 lbs if at all possible, adjustable for torso length, and take normal Scout abuse. I note Prosser recommended Kelty L...

May 22, 7:32pm

Re: Side affects of bleach use?
I decided on the FP and bleach route as my strategy as well. As it turns out, I carry (2) 1 L bottles and there was only one time during 11 days that I went to the next bottle before 4 hours were u...

In GEAR » Water Treatmen/Filtration
May 14, 9:20pm

Re: Re: Re: 24: Beaver Creek Wilderness Study Area
You're the man!

In Post-Trip Reports » 24: Beaver Creek Wilderness Study Area
May 07, 1:42pm

Re: Re: Re: Another Option
> There are also some scout leaders here who can use even the non-UL gear. +1. I'd be one of those. :)

In Gear Swap » Where to sell your old non-UL gear?
May 05, 8:16pm

Re: 24: Beaver Creek Wilderness Study Area
Nice report. Do you have a remote for your camera or can you really get back into your tent like that within 10 seconds?

In Post-Trip Reports » 24: Beaver Creek Wilderness Study Area
May 05, 8:37am

Polycro vs. Heatsheets
Having never used the window film or polycro, is it much tougher than the LDPE (NOT mylar - think trash bags) version of Heatsheets (which happens to be about 0.6 oz/sq yd)? I was going to use that...

In GEAR » Making a Wider Polycro Groundsheet
April 27, 7:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Michael Ray

Michael Ray has posted no reviews.