BPL Community Profile

Ryan Faulkner (ryanf) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid atlantic, No. Cal
About Me My name is Ryan Faulkner, i am 17 years old, and have been UL backpacking for about 7 years. I have been inspired by hikers like Andrew Skurka, and Ryan Jordan, and have dedicated my trips to going light and fast.
I plan on hiking the PCT and AT before finishing college, and after I hope to get some sort of a career in the backpacking industry.(I havent quite figured out how exactly, but i will :)
I have some big plans for the future, but ill keep those quiet for now ;-P
StateVirginia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.ryanfaulknerphotography.com
My PDF Gear ListWinds-Yellowstone Trek 2008

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 801 - 810 of 916 | Page: 1 ...72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lightweight 3-season synthetic bag?
the $25 bag is comparable in temp rating and weight to the #4 or #5 just saying but I fully recomend the mont bell bags. mont bell is my favorite sleeping bag company

In GEAR » Lightweight 3-season synthetic bag?
November 06, 8:22am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lightweight 3-season synthetic bag?
they do, but the synthetic bags are new even for this year and the web specials page on their wewb site is sold out. so if you want a discount, look on ebay or the gear swap forums. or you will be ...

November 06, 8:19am

Re: PossumDown
dont forget to add a pair of gloves and sleeping socks

In GEAR » Beenie/Hat for the winter?
November 05, 8:10pm

Gregory packs
Gregory has extended their product line. they have a whole new escape series for 2006 and new additions to other series. I dident know if anyone had seen these new packs so I thought I would post i...

In GEAR » Gregory packs
November 05, 8:09pm

Re: Re: Lightweight 3-season synthetic bag?
the mont bell bags have full length zippers. I posted some pictures of the down version of the mont bell superstretch but I think they have similar features http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi...

November 05, 7:08pm

Re: Beenie/Hat for the winter?
mont bell makes some hats with ear extensions. https://www2.montbell.com/america/asp/products/Spg_itiran.asp?cat=2701 but you could get a hat for really cheap at target or walmart. it dosent nee...

In GEAR » Beenie/Hat for the winter?
November 05, 7:01pm

Re: Akwatek Wicking shirt
Not the quarterback Steve Young, correct? I have no experience with this shirt but you can get polyester, breathable, Drifit shirts at target for cheap I dont know if this is what you are loo...

In GEAR » Akwatek Wicking shirt
November 05, 6:52pm

Re: Food, Pads, FSO: warning--didactic rant
Kevin is right. we should not only be working towards a sub 5lb base load but also have a skin out weight limit as well. but I dont see the problem about puting things in the worn/carried list t...

In Gear Lists » Ryan Jordan's SUL Winter Challenge
November 05, 3:04pm

Re: Re: Re: CHEAP!!!!!!!
some pics of the $25 bag not quite as beautiful as a mont bell bag, oh well. doule sided zipper for foot box ventilation you cant really see the draft coller and draft tube, but its...

November 05, 2:16pm

PDA
carry it in a holster on your belt to be counted as weight worn or carried instead of weight in pack

In Gear Lists » Ryan Jordan's SUL Winter Challenge
November 05, 2:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
I am so glad I found this website, before this site I was carrying a 30-40lb pack, after reading the articles I got my list under 10, and after joining the forums, well carrying less than 4 pounds is ...

In Books and Media
December 31, 10:20pm

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
Good thought. I bring this stove whenever I need to simmer, one disadvantage of alcohol stoves. I like it much, much, much better than the MSR pocket rocket, the 4 titanium stands are much more ...

In Stoves - Canister
December 30, 1:25pm

ThermoJet MicroLite
I did not buy this stove, in fact, I have never bought a alcohol stove, but have many of the MBD stoves and tonight added this wonder to my collection. I actually

In Stoves - Alcohol
December 09, 9:56pm

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
I did not purchase a pocket puck from mini bull design, but from looking at pictures and from expeience from making other stoves I made my own flattened side burner stove. I like the overall design, w...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 06, 1:16pm