BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 801 - 810 of 1734 | Page: 1 ...72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ...174

Forum » Thread

energy
You could have just asked. Did you include the water content? It makes a difference. Waters latent heat is very high, so is the heat capacity. Not only doesnt it burn, but it consumes more hea...

In GEAR » Alcohol energy content / stove system efficiencies - methanol / ethanol / mixes
May 13, 5:44pm

floor
the hexamid has a cuben groundsheet option that is suspended from the tarp with shockcords, to make a sort-of bathtub floor. If you pitch the tarp lower, it wont make a bathtub anymore. Its heavi...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Tarp and bivy vs. hybrid tent debate 2013
May 12, 7:58pm

Food
Since Philmont season is approaching fast, thought I would provide some pics to help some people. You hear all kinds of things about how bulky Philmont food is. These are either exxagerations, o...

In Philmont » Food
May 12, 6:37pm

morality
dont remeber specifics, thats all I remember from the one sociology class I took in college. Perhaps, on average people were a little more moral and well behaved in the US

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Balls and Sunshine Ripped-off on the CDT!!
May 12, 5:47pm

morality
Im not sure society was ever the rosy way "the good old days" are remembered or portrayed. There have always been plenty of bad elements, from the dawn of recorded history to the present...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Balls and Sunshine Ripped-off on the CDT!!
May 12, 5:11pm

macncheese
The small easy-mac microwavable mac and cheese is it. 0.45 oz and plenty strong, with a layer of insulation so you can hold hot coffee in your hand. Its made for hot liquid. I usually take a...

In GEAR » Lightest, cheapest mug?
May 12, 4:16pm

hex
Nothing wrong with breezy in my book. That means no condensation. Sleeping gear provides all I need against minor breezes. You can pitch it lower, but you have to shorten the guylines somehow (...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Tarp and bivy vs. hybrid tent debate 2013
May 12, 4:04pm

electrolyte
I like Sqwincher lite kwik sticks. They arent heavy at all. These are about 0.1 oz each. I use a couple per day. Makes water taste better, like gatorade. Gets rid of AM chlorine taste. I dri...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » electrolyte supplements---capsules in particular--how many?
May 12, 3:07pm

breezy
mine has done well in light winds too. I always pitch in a sheltered location if its really windy though. Yep, its breezy inside.

May 12, 10:54am

problems
I dont have a gear problem. Just a closet space problem, and a money problem.

In Philosophy & Technique » I think I have a gear problem
May 11, 3:54pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm