BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 801 - 810 of 1701 | Page: 1 ...72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ...171

Forum » Thread

maybe not.....
Be careful, sometimes the only up-to-date web pages are those you click to get to from inside the vendors site. It is often possible to get to defunct web pages by clicking old links from outsid...

In Gear Deals » Sierra Trading Post - watch out
April 25, 6:37pm

calories
I pretty much always have a calorie deficit. Its pretty hard to bring enough food to cover calories if you hike high miles in strenuous terrain. I may run 2000+ deficit I just bring about 1.75 ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Calorie deficit to save weight. :)
April 24, 8:14pm

circuit
I can tell you the padding in my medium circuit is 2 layers, one denser than the other, and together weigh 1.92 oz. The hoop stay is on the outer edges and is not a problem. The al stay needs...

In GEAR » Removing back pad from ULA Circuit.
April 22, 5:55am

contacts
I started wearing contacts in high school, daily wear was all parents would afford back then in the early 80s. In college, I ripped one, actually I screwed the case lid onto one. So, after 2 yrs...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Contact lenses: a friendly warning (that has nothing to do with hygiene).
April 21, 7:49pm

pillow
ziplock bags make a horrible pillow. UL sandwich bags, leak air out badly in a matter of minutes Heavier freezer bags,leak as well, and are heavy. Several of them weigh several oz, and are still...

In GEAR » Pillow dilemma
April 21, 10:50am

ground
I usually use a 1.5 oz piece of space blanket. The good thing, is they are $3 at any walmart in the country.

In GEAR » Does anone still use tyvek as a ground cloth?
April 19, 4:18pm

tyvek
The majority of AT hikers that stay in shelters use a ~3x7 piece of tyvek under them there, even though many dont use anything under their tent.

In GEAR » Does anone still use tyvek as a ground cloth?
April 19, 3:08pm

bushwack
dont even think about bushwacking in them, unless its wide open spaces. Definitely not in briars that grow in the woods in the southeast US.

In GEAR » Current Driducks Sizing
April 19, 12:01pm

driducks.
They are loose. But there is a reason. You need to be able to move, without stressing them. IF YOU PUT STRESS ON THEM, THEY WILL RIP APART read that again. I am 5-9, 155 lbs , I use medi...

In GEAR » Current Driducks Sizing
April 19, 9:38am

compass
Like this? 0.4 oz. I wouldnt use it for serious bushwacking, but for emergency use when staying on trail, to find trail if you get off it accidentally, its fine.

In GEAR » looking for decent 1/2 oz compass
April 18, 8:15pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm