Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 801 - 810 of 1781 | Page: 1 ...72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ...179

Forum » Thread

long
Way too long.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How long do you hold on to extra gear you don't really use?
May 27, 11:29am

pad
Not sure what you term "measurable increases in durability". The xlite is 30d The symant UL7 is 20d Technically, the UL7 is the less durable pad, almost 1/4 lb heavier, and you c...

In GEAR » NeoAir Xlite or Exped UL7
May 27, 10:39am

drybag
If you REALLY need to keep things dry, like lying in several inches of water all day dry, dont be stupid enough to use a cuben bag. They are not real drybags. They dont seal anywhere as good as re...

In GEAR » Zpacks vs MLD vs GG cuben fiber dry bags
May 27, 6:46am

pad
Both are pretty good. But this IS BPL. The Xlite is substantially lighter, almost 1/4 lb in regular length. Thats a big deal to people that want to say they have a X base weight. I have no e...

In GEAR » NeoAir Xlite or Exped UL7
May 27, 6:25am

drizzle
I dont mind drizzle. I dont wear raingear in it, even at 50F, because I will be wet anyway and just hiking keeps me warm enough. But it doesnt chill you, or waterlog you like a downpour does. ...

In GEAR » The worst kind of rain
May 26, 2:38pm

imogene 3 weights
I just weighed my imogene 3 body 19.2 fly 15.3 poles 15.87 total = 50.4 oz , not 49 oz. so the poles are a bit heavier than advertized. Could probably replace the shock cord in them ...

In GEAR » Lightest 3 person shelter for two adults and a child?
May 26, 2:19pm

need
Its about comfort, and ability to pitch shelters, for me. 120 just isnt long enough. I could get by with a mop handle, but why when I can purchase what I want? The 130 they have now are jus...

In GEAR » Lightest Adjustable Aluminum Treking poles...
May 26, 1:50pm

weight
shelter comparison chart on Golites website lists the weights 15oz poles 15oz fly 19 oz nest 3 oz stakes I have one sitting in my closet, havent set it up yet. For sure, can get by with...

May 26, 12:16pm

BA
The BA passport 120 poles are only the lightest because they are a very short 120cm length. If this works for you, you are fortunate. It is probably too short for anyone over 5'8", w...

In GEAR » Lightest Adjustable Aluminum Treking poles...
May 26, 11:52am

two hexamid
No doubt more costly. Thing is, UL 3P shelters are limited use, for 3P usually. They are not that common, (few choices) not that easy to sell either. You will take more of a hit $ on resale th...

May 26, 11:02am

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm