BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 801 - 810 of 1720 | Page: 1 ...72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ...172

Forum » Thread

in your head
Its all in your head. Cold food is fine, you are just not conditioned to eating some kinds of things cold.

In GEAR » Cold Freeze Dried???
May 08, 5:18pm

cold
I have heard of people doing that, leaving it in the sun on top of pack, etc to warm up a bit. Never have done it myself.

In GEAR » Cold Freeze Dried???
May 07, 7:17pm

protection
Its been a few years since I read about it, but I recall that sunscreen data does not support that sunscreen reduces skin cancer. In fact, it may even cause it, either directly by decomposition of...

In GEAR » Understanding UV protection
May 06, 8:19pm

vultures
After falling 980 feet, if she wasnt dead she was probably beyond caring. Dont know what kind of vultures they have over there, but ones where I am will get on an animal that is dying. Ive shot ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Vultures eat hiker
May 06, 6:03pm

water
His latest post indicates they know who did it: A group of 5 hiker that left Silver City the same day as they did.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Balls and Sunshine Ripped-off on the CDT!!
May 05, 5:40pm

filter
sounds like a normal filter to me. replace the element and it will improve, for a very short period of time. Not being sarcastic, just blunt. You are citing the exact reason why so many av...

In GEAR » MSR Miniworks filters very slow
May 05, 3:39pm

not like
Well, I did wake up one night recently and felt like I had a flashlight shining in my face. It was a full moon. The inside of my tent was almost like daylight. Aside from that, the no-stretch i...

In GEAR » Cuben Fiber - what's not to like?
May 04, 3:35pm

hex
I would do without the netting under me, before I would do without the netting around me. I agree it reduces ventillation a bit. But the point is, you have it and do not pitch it tight to groun...

In GEAR » ZPacks Hexamid questions
May 04, 3:31pm

fbc
Freezer bag weights DO add up. A dedicated lightwt plastic dish and cozy is weight-competitive with it. But you still have to wash it So FBC wins. Some people will take a mountainhouse meal, ...

In GEAR » Freezer bag cooking vs. pot cooking - weight of boil-in-bag bags?
May 04, 3:24pm

hex
It wont block wind, that would compromise ventilation and lead to condensation. It will be prone to rain splatter and spray intruding on your sleeping area, especially near the front corners whe...

In GEAR » ZPacks Hexamid questions
May 03, 1:29pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm