BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 801 - 810 of 1712 | Page: 1 ...72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ...172

Forum » Thread

fbc
Freezer bag weights DO add up. A dedicated lightwt plastic dish and cozy is weight-competitive with it. But you still have to wash it So FBC wins. Some people will take a mountainhouse meal, ...

In GEAR » Freezer bag cooking vs. pot cooking - weight of boil-in-bag bags?
May 04, 3:24pm

hex
It wont block wind, that would compromise ventilation and lead to condensation. It will be prone to rain splatter and spray intruding on your sleeping area, especially near the front corners whe...

In GEAR » ZPacks Hexamid questions
May 03, 1:29pm

quilt
no different from a sleeping bag in my experience. I generally have a short length of CCF pad I put under my legs. Preferring to just hang my pack up. I have found I really like having the s...

In GEAR » Quilts and short sleeping pads
May 03, 1:20pm

cuben
I fold my hexamid over lengthwise so that the screen is on the outside, and the cuben on the inside, about the height of the sack Then roll up Then cram into the stuffsak Nothing meticulous...

In GEAR » Cuben Fiber - what's not to like?
May 03, 1:16pm

stuff
All down shifts unless overstuffed, Ive never found its much of a problem. I have a quilt from EE, a WM bag, and Montbell bag. They all do it. Yes , you are supposed to have 2" loft,...

In GEAR » Overstuff?
May 03, 7:40am

hex
The hexamid is a minimal shelter, not a tent. One thing I do like about it, is that the pole is inside the sleeping are, not outside. Thats because I actually can hang my pack from it, with m...

In GEAR » ZPacks Hexamid questions
May 03, 7:31am

wt
I sanded it not to reduce wt, but because the original is too wide, and the edges are too sharp. Making it narrower and rounded edges improves it a lot.

In GEAR » Another spoon
April 27, 2:15pm

gm
I have no feel for grams, since pack wt is in lbs and oz. .27 oz is 7.67 g. my only point is, if you think you might like a bamboo spoon, they are cheap, readily available at chain party stor...

In GEAR » Another spoon
April 26, 9:06pm

Another spoon
Ive been looking for a longer handled, sturdy spoon for a while. Ti spoons, ridiculously heavy at 0.5 oz The Sea-to-summit aluminum one at 0.4 oz seemed to be the best thing out there. Then I ...

In GEAR » Another spoon
April 26, 8:11pm

SMD
I think the swift and the starlite, are surpsingly large . Id say swift is as large as the circuit.

In GEAR » Which ULA pack when you need more volume?
April 26, 7:41pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm