Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Joshua Mitchell (jdmitch) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Kansas
About Me Joshua Mitchell has not added a biography yet.
CityLawrence
StateKansas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joshua Mitchell

Showing 801 - 810 of 845 | Page: 1 ...66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85

Forum » Thread

Packable Straw Hats
I believe if you happen to pick up a skymall catalog the next time you fly (I'll try to pick one up next week), someone makes a packable straw hat.

In GEAR » Tilley LT5 vs. LTM5
August 30, 7:48pm

for joining the stove
since the joinery for the stove will not likely need all the strength of pop-rivets you might look at some stuff called hts-2000 from http://www.aluminumrepair.com/ it might be able to braze / sold...

In Make Your Own Gear » Japanese influenced (JSB) alcohol stove
August 29, 10:06pm

I have two
Ha, I'm glad someone mentioned that pad, it reminds me that I got two for my birthday. I need to try one out... At one point in time, tadgear.com had them for cheap. Seems relatively insulating ...

In GEAR » insul-mat uber micro pad
August 29, 6:07pm

Working with / welding Ti
Bill, What are you using to work with and weld Ti? I assume you are going to need to do some forming and working to get a Ti can stove turned out. btw, Yukio, that sketch of the funnel inlet bo...

August 29, 1:53pm

Even though it's expensive
I think Bed Bath and Beyond has SS hangers.

In GEAR » Ultralight Outfitters Beer Can Stove System for Esbit Fuel
August 29, 1:48pm

Nicely done Bill
Those flames are awefully pretty. Looking at those pictures of the flame patterns reminds me of a post I saw somewhere about the true hot spot of an alcohol burner being some 6" above the burner...

August 29, 8:47am

Back to the original kit specs...
I don't remember anyone mentioning it, but Arizona Iced Tea makes iced tea cans on 23.5 fl oz size, I think they are the same can as the fosters. So, for those of you who don't do alcohol and want ...

August 28, 4:16pm

Concerns about neoprene on can pot
David, Neoprene on a can pot will be subjected to a maximum temperature of 212 degrees from the aluminum. The maximum temp of the water is 212, and the thinness of the aluminum doesn't prevent hea...

August 27, 7:07am

So, why the "spikes"
Is the benefit that they relay some of the heat back down into the alcohol to help it vaporize? I wonder if one built a wire or stainless mesh stand that sat inside the spikes if it would hold t...

August 26, 12:08pm

Nicely done...
It seems like that may (or one made out of a smaller can) may sit right in the depression in the bottom of a henie can-pot...

August 26, 8:07am

All Reader Reviews by Joshua Mitchell

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Icebreaker Tech T Lite Superfine 140
This is my first Merino T-Shirt (though I have a couple other manufacturers). Wore it a few days straight in super-hot/humid Boy Scout Summer Camp... little to no smell... way comfortable... man I lik...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
July 20, 12:54pm

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
Got mine (Auto-Ignition) a couple years ago as my Xmas present to myself (single engineers have money...), loved it ever since.

In Stoves - Canister
August 02, 11:28am