BPL Community Profile

paul buzzard (troop208) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale paul buzzard hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me paul buzzard has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by paul buzzard

Showing 81 - 87 of 87 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Forum » Thread

Philmont "Quality Control"
You have to realize that there are about 25,000 people who go thru Philmont in a season, and they are trying to put policy's and procedures in place with each crew to ensure safety for all, and...

In Philmont » Backpacking Light @ Philmont
July 14, 10:19am

coffee
We just got back and had coffee everyday except maybe 3 days. I made a cheesecloth bag that had a drawstring closure on the top, (the cheesecloth was triple layer) and then put a coffee filter int...

In Philmont » Cooking Systems
July 14, 10:11am

Philmont 630 H3 trek responses
Just got back as well. Some feedback: As crew advisor, the constant harp for lightweight preparation went somewhere between nowhere and listened to. My pack weighed 35# with 4 days food, 1/3...

In Philmont » LIghtweight Philmont Experince
July 14, 10:05am

sanitizing
Just got back from Phil on Sunday. The reason for sanitizing the dishes pre meal is to reduce the possibility of contracting Hanta virus, a very nasty, potentially life threatening bug. Very low ...

July 14, 9:35am

pole assembly
Scott, Sorry I wasn't clearer. I slit an inner tube lengthwise around the whole tube, then cut the tube to about 1.5", ending up with a strip of rubber about 2 feet long. 1" wou...

In Philmont » Dining Fly
June 27, 3:54pm

trekking pole height adjustment
We have been practicing for Philmont and the fly issue has now been fixed. Here's how I figured it out. We want the fly to be tall enough in a rain event for a stand in shelter. We bought a ...

In Philmont » Dining Fly
June 26, 8:18am

rope
If you bring rope, do you get grief over it? We have nice poly rope, higher strength than 1/4 nylon, lighter, and proper lengths (100')min, two ropes, and a pulley system already. Will we be ...

May 23, 10:03am

All Reader Reviews by paul buzzard

paul buzzard has posted no reviews.