BPL Community Profile

Tony Burnett (tlbj6142) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale OH--IO
About Me Tony Burnett has not added a biography yet.
CityColumbus
StateOH

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tony Burnett

Showing 81 - 90 of 191 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Forum » Thread

Re: Equinox bivy
The one I saw didn't have a hood. The bottom layer formed a ground-cloth like area under your head. I think Equinox use to have a non-mummy bivy. Maybe that's what I saw.

In GEAR » Equinox Ultralight Bivy
November 15, 2:28pm

MELTING SNOW: adding snow...
Just trying to understand the snow melting process a bit... How exactly is "add enough snow for 1.5L of water" done? 1) Leave lid off 2) add chunks of snow 3) wait for it to melt down a ...

In GEAR » MELTING SNOW: Fuel Efficiency and Boil Time Comparisons of Four Gas Backpacking Stoves in Winter Conditions
November 15, 2:21pm

Re: Re: Equinox Ultralight Bivy
Does it have a hood? For some reason I don't remember seeing a hood on one of the Equinox bivies.

In GEAR » Equinox Ultralight Bivy
November 15, 9:24am

pillow size?
Did you get the "large" or small pillow? What are its dimensions (when inflated)? Is it firm, and tall (maybe placed on end??), enough to hold your head up when you side sleep?

In GEAR » The Ultimate UL Pillow?
November 14, 11:37am

Re: Bozeman Mountain Works?
Some of their stuff is found on Prolitegear.com as well.

In GEAR » Bozeman Mountain Works?
November 11, 1:17pm

Delta--Gone?
According to ACYE over at thru-hiker.com, Delta will no longer be manufactured. Checkout his message board for his statement.

In GEAR » Micro Puff Jacket vs.U.L.Thermawrap Parka
November 11, 8:18am

Fuel shipments
I should edit my above post, because those big green propane canisters are really 32oz, not 16oz. So, yes you should be able to USPS the 300g Powermax canisters. Just be prepared to mention Pub52...

In GEAR » MSR Simmerlite vs. Coleman Xtreme
November 10, 8:38am

Shipping butane/propane
You can ship butane, isobutane and propane via USPS (not sure about fedex or ups) as long as its less than 1L. Which means you can mail one of those big green 32oz Coleman propane containers (used...

In GEAR » MSR Simmerlite vs. Coleman Xtreme
November 09, 12:08pm

Stabilicers...
I own a pair, they were great for a early Jan 2003 AT hike in the Smokies. We had quite a bit of packed/snow/ice in the trail that was virtually impossible to walk on without these. They hold up ...

In GEAR » Non crampon ice traction (stabilicers, etc)
November 09, 12:04pm

resort on west side of Sods
That's definately the one. The Upper Salamander (Easy) run brings you right along FR80. After looking at the satellite photos (via World Wind) again, it also looks like you might have access to D...

In Winter Hiking » Low elevation Winter Setup
November 09, 7:38am

All Reader Reviews by Tony Burnett

Tony Burnett has posted no reviews.