BPL Community Profile

William Segraves (sbill9000) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale William Segraves hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me William Segraves has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by William Segraves

Showing 81 - 90 of 216 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...22

Forum » Thread

Re: Proprioception, not strength
"The main reason people repeatedly "roll" their ankles is not so much a question of weakness, although that does play a bit of a role. More importantly is proprioception - your body&...

In GEAR » Ankle support - best boots and braces?
May 01, 6:00pm

Re: Boots
Larry's good question raises others. Maybe if a given pair of boots doesn't provide enough support to prevent an ankle injury it's not going to impede the development of some relevant s...

In GEAR » Ankle support - best boots and braces?
May 01, 5:22am

Re: Anybody or anyplace in Connecticut/New England that can modify backpacks (Osprey Hornet 46)
FWIW, my experience with the Hornet suggests it's not the size per se that's the problem but the way loading the pack affects the effective torso length. There's not a good functional ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Anybody or anyplace in Connecticut/New England that can modify backpacks (Osprey Hornet 46)?
April 30, 7:42pm

Re: Training
+1 on Peter's. A focused response and plan of attack requires identification of your limiters. What keeps you from going farther with your current preparation? Cheers Bill S

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Preparing for thru-hike
April 29, 3:18pm

cookless food possibilities
I don't know that this list will have anything new for most people, but here are some of my staples: Granola, favorite is Bernice's Bakery (Montana) or homemade imitation of Bernice'...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Do any of you forgo cooking food altogether?
April 26, 5:59pm

Re: Weight Savings?
Late to the party, but here's my $.02. (I am a usually ULish, occasionally bordering SUL backpacker, a regular road cyclist, and occasional touring cyclist.) "Weight weenies, as the guy...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Thinking about making/selling UL bike gear...
April 25, 6:38pm

Re: Re: Do any of you forgo cooking food altogether?
"Variety is really important to me when trying to go cookless. On one trip I brought a bunch of the same kind of power bars because I got a deal on a big box of them. By day three I got sick o...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Do any of you forgo cooking food altogether?
April 24, 8:04pm

Re: Re: Calorie deficit to save weight. SERIOUSLY!
"https://www.google.com/search?q=how+high+altitudes+affect+food+metablism" Some interesting references there, though after reading a few of them with conflicting results (or interpreta...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Calorie deficit to save weight. :)
April 24, 7:57pm

Re: Re: Re: Calorie deficit to save weight. SERIOUSLY!
gg-man, Do I recall correctly that you did fine on just chocolate covered donuts or on Mounds bars? Best, Bill S.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Calorie deficit to save weight. :)
April 23, 4:00pm

Re: pack volume in no cook menu
"I think you'll find that granola and other no cook items will take up more room in your pack." I haven't found that. Granola, hummus, powdered milk, instant mashed potatoes, n...

April 23, 3:53pm

All Reader Reviews by William Segraves

William Segraves has posted no reviews.