BPL Community Profile

William Segraves (sbill9000) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale William Segraves hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me William Segraves has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by William Segraves

Showing 81 - 90 of 213 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...22

Forum » Thread

Re: Training
+1 on Peter's. A focused response and plan of attack requires identification of your limiters. What keeps you from going farther with your current preparation? Cheers Bill S

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Preparing for thru-hike
April 29, 3:18pm

cookless food possibilities
I don't know that this list will have anything new for most people, but here are some of my staples: Granola, favorite is Bernice's Bakery (Montana) or homemade imitation of Bernice'...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Do any of you forgo cooking food altogether?
April 26, 5:59pm

Re: Weight Savings?
Late to the party, but here's my $.02. (I am a usually ULish, occasionally bordering SUL backpacker, a regular road cyclist, and occasional touring cyclist.) "Weight weenies, as the guy...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Thinking about making/selling UL bike gear...
April 25, 6:38pm

Re: Re: Do any of you forgo cooking food altogether?
"Variety is really important to me when trying to go cookless. On one trip I brought a bunch of the same kind of power bars because I got a deal on a big box of them. By day three I got sick o...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Do any of you forgo cooking food altogether?
April 24, 8:04pm

Re: Re: Calorie deficit to save weight. SERIOUSLY!
"https://www.google.com/search?q=how+high+altitudes+affect+food+metablism" Some interesting references there, though after reading a few of them with conflicting results (or interpreta...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Calorie deficit to save weight. :)
April 24, 7:57pm

Re: Re: Re: Calorie deficit to save weight. SERIOUSLY!
gg-man, Do I recall correctly that you did fine on just chocolate covered donuts or on Mounds bars? Best, Bill S.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Calorie deficit to save weight. :)
April 23, 4:00pm

Re: pack volume in no cook menu
"I think you'll find that granola and other no cook items will take up more room in your pack." I haven't found that. Granola, hummus, powdered milk, instant mashed potatoes, n...

April 23, 3:53pm

Re: Spoon
+1 on Kevin's long-handled polished titanium spoon. "The long handled spoons are great for getting to the bottom corners of a dehydrated dinner bag, but the bowls are small and worthle...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Spoon heresy
April 22, 3:57pm

Re: HIIT Training
Fwiw, a few observations suggested by my own experience, using HIIT as one of several training tools: It's not something to be done casually or as the way to start getting in shape. If a fri...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Truth About Exercise M. Mosley
April 19, 7:55pm

Re: Calorie deficit to save weight. :)
I can do this for about two weeks, as long as I'm cruising (*not* pushing upper end of aerobic capacity) at ~ 20 miles/day. After that, I get ravenously hungry, and if I don't eat, I bonk. ...

April 19, 7:16pm

All Reader Reviews by William Segraves

William Segraves has posted no reviews.