BPL Community Profile

William Segraves (sbill9000) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale William Segraves hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me William Segraves has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by William Segraves

Showing 81 - 90 of 222 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...23

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: seeking cookless starch to go with chicken curry
Thanks, Sarah! I'll give that a try. Do you know if there's anywhere to buy it without all the packaging and flavor packs? Seems like a lot of trash for a few noodles. Ever tried re...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » seeking cookless starch to go with chicken curry
May 08, 4:47pm

work
Great article (as was Ryan's), and I look forward to the rest of the series. I have a question about the following. (If this belongs elsewhere in a new thread, I trust that will be made so...

In Editor's Roundtable » Mountain SuperUltraLight Backpacking – Going SUL in the Mountains with Adequate Shelter, Insulation, and Rain Protection. Part 1: Concepts and Scope.
May 08, 4:43pm

Re: re: Bob seasons
Thanks, Dave. Wrt White River Pass, are we talking slow and difficult, or potentially impassable without gear and mountaineering skills? If potentially the latter, are there alternative routes be...

In Pre-Trip Planning » advice on Bob Marshall seasons
May 07, 6:16pm

seeking cookless starch to go with chicken curry
Still testing things, but I think I can put together a palatable cookless red curry with chicken. The question now is whether there's something akin to rice noodles, rice, or some other suitab...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » seeking cookless starch to go with chicken curry
May 07, 6:13pm

advice on Bob Marshall seasons
Thanks in advance to Bob Marshall veterans for advice on what can be expected wrt snow and river crossings in a typical snow year. When can one normally plan get into central part of the wilderness...

In Pre-Trip Planning » advice on Bob Marshall seasons
May 01, 6:32pm

Re: Adding a bail
I used 0.0787" diameter titanium wire to add a bail to a Snow Peak Ti bowl. Despite tough rep of titanium, I didn't have any trouble drilling the holes. Set things up so that when I fold t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Adding a bail
May 01, 6:13pm

Re: Proprioception, not strength
"The main reason people repeatedly "roll" their ankles is not so much a question of weakness, although that does play a bit of a role. More importantly is proprioception - your body&...

In GEAR » Ankle support - best boots and braces?
May 01, 6:00pm

Re: Boots
Larry's good question raises others. Maybe if a given pair of boots doesn't provide enough support to prevent an ankle injury it's not going to impede the development of some relevant s...

In GEAR » Ankle support - best boots and braces?
May 01, 5:22am

Re: Anybody or anyplace in Connecticut/New England that can modify backpacks (Osprey Hornet 46)
FWIW, my experience with the Hornet suggests it's not the size per se that's the problem but the way loading the pack affects the effective torso length. There's not a good functional ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Anybody or anyplace in Connecticut/New England that can modify backpacks (Osprey Hornet 46)?
April 30, 7:42pm

Re: Training
+1 on Peter's. A focused response and plan of attack requires identification of your limiters. What keeps you from going farther with your current preparation? Cheers Bill S

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Preparing for thru-hike
April 29, 3:18pm

All Reader Reviews by William Segraves

William Segraves has posted no reviews.