Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 81 - 90 of 1668 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...167

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: How many ponchos to make a quilt top?
Justin, Yes, I will also test the HH of the before and after sample. Both samples should be ~1' square.

In Make Your Own Gear » How many ponchos to make a quilt top?
January 08, 6:18pm

Re: Re: How many ponchos to make a quilt top?
Andrew and Justin, I will micrograph one sample set with and without the coating if Justin PMs me a request.

In Make Your Own Gear » How many ponchos to make a quilt top?
January 08, 3:19pm

Re: Probably physically impossible anyhow
Roger, My educated guess is that you are correct. Every test I have seen demonstrates the down DWR coating repelling liquid water. Most interesting, the 5/14 patent application for the AeonC...

In GEAR » Could high FP-down benefit from an anti-humidity treatment ?
January 06, 4:17pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sierra Designs Cogule, Chaps, and Solar Wind Hoodie
"We can't figure out why the industry has settled on 10,000mm of water entry pressure as the standard for "waterproof"... That is the approximate pressure the average male exe...

In Gear Deals » Sierra Designs Cogule, Chaps, and Solar Wind Hoodie
January 06, 3:09pm

Re: Re: Testing
Kyle, I have previously received a large number of BPL PMs. I checked my profile and my correct email is listed there. Please try again and if it doesn't work contact BPL (Roger?).

In Make Your Own Gear » A new Silnylon available - 1.05oz/yd
January 06, 11:52am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Full zip Capiline 4 hoodie alternate ?
8.64 oz for my XL.

In GEAR » Full zip Capiline 4 hoodie alternate ?
January 05, 7:45pm

Re: Re: Full zip Capiline 4 hoodie alternate ?
...and Polygiene for odor control.

In GEAR » Full zip Capiline 4 hoodie alternate ?
January 05, 2:27pm

Denier Gradient Fabrics Work Well in Base Layers Like the Cap 4
Denier gradient fabrics wick moisture well when used for a base layer, such as the Cap 4. This is because no DWR is applied to the higher denier outer surface. This allows the moisture from the ins...

In Editor's Roundtable » Rab Vapour-rise Lite Alpine Jacket review
December 24, 4:41pm

Testing
I am in transit back home from a one month adventure trip. Send me a sample and I will post the results to the forum. I will provide you a mailing address in response to a BPL PM.

In Make Your Own Gear » A new Silnylon available - 1.05oz/yd
December 17, 9:10pm

Re: Ocean Packrafting?
Craig, Both packrafts and kayaks are displacement hulls and their maximum EFFICIENT paddling speed (kts) is determined by the same exponential regression formula: The packrafts design...

In Packrafting » Ocean Packrafting?
November 13, 11:40am

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm