BPL Community Profile

Roleigh Martin (marti124) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Moderator-JohnMuirTrail Yahoo Group
About Me Formerly from MN and NY, now in Reno, NV, I have been hiking every summer in the High Sierra since 2000. From 2000-2007, we did the High Sierra Trail (HST). Been doing the John Muir Trail since then, every year. I am the lead moderator for the JohnMuirTrail@YahooGroups.com for 2011-2013. I organized groups (without charge) for the JMT, 2008-2011 for the hike I participated in (from 5 to 8 people). I'm doing a JMT 2014 group hike again. See my Google Profile for more and top links on a variety of topics (click on "My Website URL above").
CityReno
StateNV
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttps://plus.google.com/+RoleighMartin/about
My PDF Gear ListMy gear list as of 4/3/2010

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Roleigh Martin

Showing 81 - 90 of 1033 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...104

Forum » Thread

Re: Good Grief - BPL Scooped by Backpacker?
Please convert your URL to TinyURL -- it is too long to grab from your post. Thanks

In GEAR » Good Grief - BPL Scooped by Backpacker?
January 12, 1:33pm

Unable
Sorry fellow BPLers, Looks like I won't be able to make it for the weekend hike. Bryce, ping me, when another one gets planned though. Have fun you all! I'll look forward to your pics...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » New England-area GTG #2: Winter Wonderland
January 11, 6:38pm

No Load Lifters?
I emailed Hyperlite about their Expedition pack and was very much dismayed it does not come, nor can it be ordered, to include load lifters. I dislike having any weight of the pack on my shoulders...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hyperlite Mountain Gear Porter / Expedition Pack Review
January 11, 10:19am

Re: Is there room for one more? for NE-Area GTG#2?
I have and have used snowshoes and microspikes. I also have crampons but have never had to use them yet. I was taught the use of snowshoes and microspikes by experienced hikers this last winter. ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » New England-area GTG #2: Winter Wonderland
December 30, 2:36pm

Is there room for one more? for NE-Area GTG#2?
I should have been more attentive. I live in the Albany area, not far from your get together. Is there room for one more person? Roleigh

December 30, 1:12pm

Re: Torn Meniscus Treated with Stem Cell Prolotherapy
Joe, check out my Google Profile for the link entitled "Shopping for a good Prolotherapist" -- there are multiple national directories of prolotherapists, including one for Britain. Chec...

In Chaff » Torn Meniscus Treated with Stem Cell Prolotherapy
December 29, 9:55pm

Re: Torn Meniscus Treated with Stem Cell Prolotherapy
Two super fantastic links were found about Prolotherapy today by me. I have more links at my Google Profile. Position Paper Regenerative Injection Therapy (RIT): Effectiveness and Appropriate U...

In Chaff » Torn Meniscus Treated with Stem Cell Prolotherapy
December 29, 7:46pm

What were the dates you did the JMT portion of this hike?
Fantastic journal and photography! Can you please provide the dates you did the JMT portion of the hike? Thanks! Roleigh p.s. I see the link to your Journal, I see the dates are June 16-...

In Editor's Roundtable » Sunshine in the Sierra
December 09, 10:02pm

Re: paleo cultures/history
Google this: famous paleo athletes - a cool example: http://www.chow.com/food-news/54227/dean-karnazess-extreme-meal-plan/ intro paragraphs: Dean Karnazes’s Extreme Meal Plan Running ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ketogenic diet as a way to lighten pack?
November 28, 7:24pm

Re: paleo cultures/history
Interesting posts ("paleo cultures", "history"). What I understand is that the paleolithic diet is really, historically speaking, about 20 different types of diets depending up...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ketogenic diet as a way to lighten pack?
November 28, 6:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Roleigh Martin

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Wilderness Press John Muir Trail: The Essential Guide to Hiking America’s Most Famous Trail, 5th Edition
Review of John Muir Trail: The Essential Guide to Hiking America’s Most Famous Trail, 5th Edition, by Elizabeth Wenk, Wilderness Press, 2014, 296 pages. Reviewed by Roleigh Martin, Lead Moderator: Jo...

In Books and Media
June 09, 8:47am

zpacks Company
I have bought many items from Zpacks, including some new items he started carrying as a result of my orders, such as the large size pack cover; the 1000 cu inch zero pack; and he provided a customized...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
November 16, 10:49pm

MSR Mountain Safety Research HyperFlow microfilter
Thanks to these reviews mentioning the problems and the recall issue, I called MSR up and found out I had a problem element and I was mailed a replacement. I won't be able to determine how good i...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
March 25, 2:02pm

Leukotape P Sports Tape
Andrew Skurka spoke in Minneapolis today at the Outdoor Expo and I took down his notes on foot care and found some links, including this thread. He recommends shoes that keep your feet cool (he u...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
April 26, 11:31pm

Bear Boxer 101 Contender
Can you please provide a link for the Bear Boxer 101 Contender? Thank you. Never mind -- I found the link, I presume it is here: http://www.bareboxer.com/products.htm

In Miscellaneous Products
May 23, 6:43pm