BPL Community Profile

John Brown (johnbrown2005) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Portland, OR
About Me John Brown has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Brown

Showing 81 - 90 of 330 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...33

Forum » Thread

Hiking dog
He's great with our 5 year old male cattle dog/aussie mix. Does fine at the dog day care. Not good with other dogs when on leash, unless you're working closely with him. Was not good with...

In Chaff » Giving up a good hiking dog
December 19, 7:13pm

Giving up a good hiking dog
The arrival of a child in our home means I need to give up Luke, my 2 year old Blue Heeler. Whip smart, responds well to training, loyal, great watchdog, athletic and fun. Hard to part with. Ne...

In Chaff » Giving up a good hiking dog
December 19, 6:28pm

iPhone GPS apps
Am trying GPS Kit too, better interface than Gaia GPS, but no MyTopo.

In GEAR » Iphone GPS apps
October 22, 4:52pm

Iphone GPS apps
Anybody have good luck using iPhone GPS apps? Just found one called Gaia GPS that seems like it could be useful, on first glance, have not tested it. What are your experiences with that program o...

In GEAR » Iphone GPS apps
October 21, 8:43pm

mcmurdo
Are you getting the $250 one, think its called the 210? What difference between that and the pricier ones?

In GEAR » Spot 2 vs. McMurdo Fast Find
October 04, 2:44pm

Poor choice of words
Illegal immigrants as metaphor for fecal matter and bacteria? Really? Thoughtless at best, mean-spirited at worst. Not what I want to see when I am checking in w/ a website about a favorite pasti...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hand Sanitizers: My Journey Towards Discovering Best Practices for Wilderness Hygiene
September 01, 12:24am

Quarter Dome
I've got one for ya, excellent condition. If you can pay for the shipping and paypal fees, I can send to you for $100. Easier for me to communicate via email, jhwitt at gmail dot com. Thanks!

In Gear Swap » WTB: REI Quarterdome UL 2 person Tent
August 29, 11:49pm

Swissbianco Alox Bushcrafter
Google it, hard to come by, just sold some, wish I had seen your post. I'll ask the guy I sold them to if he wants to part with one.

In GEAR » Knife w/ Just blade and saw
August 25, 12:26am

Ultralight sheaths
Check out this thread and the chart I made re sheath weights. Doesn't answer your question directly, but suggests that if you take a folder instead of fixed, you save the sheath weight entirel...

In GEAR » ultralight knife sheaths?
August 17, 6:06pm

Bear bag cord
If your food is heavy, like for multiple people/many days, my experience is that standard parachute cord is much preferable, even though heavier. It doesn't cut into the branch (as much), and ...

In GEAR » bear bagging - differences in cord
August 02, 11:31pm

All Reader Reviews by John Brown

John Brown has posted no reviews.