BPL Community Profile

Graeme Finley (gfinley001) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SF Bay Area
About Me Graeme Finley has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Graeme Finley

Showing 81 - 90 of 90 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Forum » Thread

Re: SUL in Dolly Sods
This is the kind of thing I was thinking. For a SUL trip I definitely wouldn't use the Thermasrest (way too heavy) - I use a Nightlight pad in the pad poacket instead. I only usually carry 1L of wa...

In Gear Lists » SUL in Dolly Sods
September 15, 7:19am

SUL in Dolly Sods
I didn't realize the G6 came in sizes - I thought it was one size fits all. I never thought to put the sleeping bag on top of the food sack, although I prefer my CG fairly high so I'm not sure ...

September 14, 3:19pm

SUL in Dolly Sods
Just took my first SUL (5lb base weight) trip over Labor Day weekend in Dolly Sods wilderness in WVA. The weather was perfect and I think conditions in "the Sods" were about as benign as they'll ev...

September 14, 11:03am

Re: Pairing sleeping pads with purposes
I have the nightlight and the thinlight, and although I haven't done this yet I'm planning to use the nightlight as a torso pad and the thinlight as feet upwards coverage, overlapping underneath th...

In Gear Lists » Pairing sleeping pads with purposes
September 08, 8:04pm

Bears hibernating
I don't think you can rely on bears hibernating in all areas either. I took a WVA trip on Thanksgiving weekend last year and was camping in about 6 inches of snow (with further snow overnight). Wh...

In Philosophy & Technique » Bear Bagging in Winter
August 20, 9:55am

Re: G5 weight limit
My base weight will be about 13 pounds. The rest of the weight will be 2 pounds of water (max) and food. Rethinking our food usage, we're going to be getting through about 3+ pounds of food a day...

In GEAR » Weight limit on a Gossamer Gear G5
July 15, 6:30am

Weight limit on a Gossamer Gear G5
I'm about to head out on a weeklong backcoutry trip in the Sierras with my girlfriend, and I'm estimating my trailhead packweight to be about 27lbs. I've had a Gossamer Gear G5 for about 4 months,...

In GEAR » Weight limit on a Gossamer Gear G5
July 13, 12:54pm

G5
Is use a torso length NightLite sleeping pad as pack support. If traveling alone I use a Marmot Atom bag, if with my "other half" we use a home made 2-person Ray Jardine quilt (with a zip across...

In GEAR » G5 pack
May 31, 10:07am

Coffee
Obviously everyone's standards for "good" coffee are different, but for a while now I've been packing General Foods' Cafe Vienna powdered coffee. Tastes good (to me) and nothing to pack out except ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Camp Coffee
April 05, 7:14pm

Winter camping in a Tarptent
I've been out in the high teens in my Tarptent Squall and it was fine during a minor snowstorm (some frozen condensation on the interior, but easily wiped off). The only issues I see in camping in ...

In GEAR » Tarptent Cloudburst for winter camping?
January 13, 7:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Graeme Finley

Graeme Finley has posted no reviews.