BPL Community Profile

Dirk Rabdau (dirk9827) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Dirk Rabdau has not added a biography yet.
StateWashington

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dirk Rabdau

Showing 81 - 90 of 657 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...66

Forum » Thread

Re: Patching a NeoAir
Craig - THat's what I had, a tiny hole but it was getting worse. It was from a pen that I had stashed in my pocket and I sat down (doh!). For what it's worth, the patch kit worked wonder...

In GEAR » Patching a Neoair
January 15, 4:14pm

Re: Patching a NeoAir
I usedbatch kit from thermarest. It worked well. The trick is finding the hole. I used a bathtub, but had to really bend and play with the pad to find the source of the leak. I suspect other things...

In GEAR » Patching a Neoair
January 15, 4:10pm

Re: Kookabender
Well, to turn this on the head. Let's compare Amazon to the treatment I got to the folks from Trail Designs. I bought something from Amazon. I received it in a couple of days (*NICE*). And I go...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Kooka Bay
January 14, 11:51pm

Re: Comparison
I can understand the criticism in regards to a lack of communication, but surely you'd agree to compare a small gear producer to the behemoths of Amazon/Apple isn't entirely fair. I am not ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Kooka Bay
January 14, 2:01am

Re: Cottage Stagnation and Recent Gems
I wonder if Ryan would have worded his editorial differently if he knew it would elicit this type of response. I will discuss his criticisms from another point of view, of someone who also used ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Cottage Stagnation and Recent Gems
January 14, 1:27am

Re: 2012 PCT from scratch
Assuming you are leaving the from Portland area beginning February 1st, you will likely encounter quite a bit of rain along the way. And a fair amount of wind. Heck, all the way through Northern Ca...

In Gear Lists » 2012 PCT from scratch
January 13, 11:44pm

Hey thanks all!
Thank you all for the terrific suggestions. @Richard - The Winds look mighty inviting. I have only read about them, never have actually traveled through them. That will be high on the list. The w...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Three weeks + - where would you go?
January 07, 10:26pm

An issue that will only get worse
With the advent of 3D printing, powerful (and relatively inexpensive software), and 3D scanners, there is little doubt in my mind this will become one of the major issues in the future. Already, pe...

In Make Your Own Gear » My Caldera Clone
January 07, 10:20pm

NeoAir
I don't think it would be a good choice for pack frame/pad, but it's dang comfortable. It honestly made my PCT trip so much better - I slept really well compared to other pads, but I am a s...

In GEAR » PCT Pad Options
January 07, 7:57pm

Three weeks + - where would you go?
Hello all - I may have an opportunity in the next couple of years to take 3-4 consecutive weeks (plus a couple of days for travel) off from work to go backpacking. With this in mind, where would...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Three weeks + - where would you go?
January 07, 1:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Dirk Rabdau

Dirk Rabdau has posted no reviews.