BPL Community Profile

Doug Smith (Jedi5150) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central CA
About Me LEO K9 handler, with SAR, EMS background.
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug Smith

Showing 81 - 90 of 257 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...26

Forum » Thread

hanging dogs :)
Doug and Katharina, now you've got me curious. My dog that backpacks with me is a 60 lb Malinois (my 80 pound Mal stays home). She is sort of a wuss when it comes to temperature changes (hot...

In Hammocks » hammock in, tent out?
December 05, 7:01pm

hanging
I'd love to try a hammock, just to see what all the fuss is about, but unfortunately I never backpack without my dog. Dogs make backpacking so much more enjoyable IMHO, almost like having a (l...

In Hammocks » hammock in, tent out?
December 05, 6:38pm

Photos
I agree, please put up some photos. I really went back and forth a ton between the Ricoh GR and the Sigma DP2 Merrill. For an all around camera it sounds like the GR is the winner, hands down...

In Photography » Finally - Ricoh GR
December 05, 6:06pm

Re: Re: snowshoes
I'm sure there are...otherwise they wouldn't make them. I'm just saying my one brief experience put a very bitter taste in my mouth. Since that experience I've heard similar opini...

In GEAR » It's that time of year...Snowshoes?
December 03, 11:43am

steger
Those steger mukluks look interesting. I'd never heard of the brand until you mentioned them in the thread. When I lived in Canada for a couple years, outdoors for much of the time, I simply ...

In GEAR » Steger Mukluks
December 03, 2:33am

snowshoes
I've cross-country skied a number of times in the past, but until last winter, I'd never snow shoed in my life. All I can say is thank goodness for REI's return policy (although I hear...

In GEAR » It's that time of year...Snowshoes?
December 03, 2:16am

trail camera
Ah, I see what you meant by trail camera. I had assumed you simply meant a camera to hike with. 10 lbs is a lot more than what I want to add to my backpack, as I already don't pack ultra-li...

In Photography » Video tips for the outdoors?
December 01, 11:34am

trail cameras
Yeah, speaking of trail cameras, I'm right at the point of deciding what I'm going to carry. I have a Canon 5DII with 17-40 lens, and I'll be getting the 70-200 lens again. I love thi...

December 01, 1:08am

mics
Thanks for the tips Bob. I'll look into remote mics and see how that works. I was shocked at how sensitive the built in mic is...even with a tiny breeze it sounds like you're recording in...

December 01, 12:08am

Video tips for the outdoors?
Hello all, I recently started playing with the video feature of my Canon 5DII. I figured, hey, if they used the camera to film part of Ironman 3, surely I can take a decent video. Hahaha...or may...

November 30, 11:56am

All Reader Reviews by Doug Smith

Doug Smith has posted no reviews.