BPL Community Profile

Doug Smith (Jedi5150) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central CA
About Me LEO K9 handler, with SAR, EMS background.
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug Smith

Showing 81 - 90 of 251 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...26

Forum » Thread

trail camera
Ah, I see what you meant by trail camera. I had assumed you simply meant a camera to hike with. 10 lbs is a lot more than what I want to add to my backpack, as I already don't pack ultra-li...

In Photography » Video tips for the outdoors?
December 01, 11:34am

trail cameras
Yeah, speaking of trail cameras, I'm right at the point of deciding what I'm going to carry. I have a Canon 5DII with 17-40 lens, and I'll be getting the 70-200 lens again. I love thi...

December 01, 1:08am

mics
Thanks for the tips Bob. I'll look into remote mics and see how that works. I was shocked at how sensitive the built in mic is...even with a tiny breeze it sounds like you're recording in...

December 01, 12:08am

Video tips for the outdoors?
Hello all, I recently started playing with the video feature of my Canon 5DII. I figured, hey, if they used the camera to film part of Ironman 3, surely I can take a decent video. Hahaha...or may...

November 30, 11:56am

sharp things
I thought that I was doing good by only carrying my Leatherman classic instead of the Leatherman, Benchmade Folder, and Strider fixed blade. Now even with just my Leatherman I'm feeling grossl...

In GEAR » Sharp Thing Nirvana?
November 30, 10:44am

photo hosting
I use two. I use Flickr for sharing photos with my friends and family, and I use Smugmug for hosting all my photos, even the ones I don't share, and especially the ones I use to put into forum...

In Photography » sharing photos online
November 30, 12:35am

SOLD
This pack is SOLD, pending funds. I appreciate the interest shown but at the end of the day, the first person with a firm, "I'll buy it" won. I hope there are no hard feelings.

In Gear Swap » FS- McHale LBP40 backpack
November 26, 1:33am

FS- McHale LBP40 backpack
Hello all, unfortunately I need to sell my backpack which was custom made by Dan McHale about a year and a half ago for me. I am the original and only owner, and the pack has been used on two or t...

In Gear Swap » FS- McHale LBP40 backpack
November 25, 1:48pm

Re: Re: Popsicle Toes
Add me to the list of Dougs in this thread that use the "hot hands" for my feet. I've always had poor circulation and suffer the same thing of going to bed fine and waking up freez...

In Multiple Use Gear » Popsicle Toes
March 12, 1:03am

Meeks Bay to Eagle Falls in May
Hello all, I'm going on my first backpacking trip with friends during the last weekend of May. Until now, all my backpacking has been solo with dog. It'll be a fun and different experienc...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Meeks Bay to Eagle Falls in May
March 12, 12:23am

All Reader Reviews by Doug Smith

Doug Smith has posted no reviews.