BPL Community Profile

Christopher Mills (Hiker816) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Denver
About Me Christopher Mills has not added a biography yet.
CityDenver
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Christopher Mills

Showing 81 - 90 of 149 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Forum » Thread

Re: Pants - BPL Thorofare v. Montbell Stretch Windpants & others
Thanks for the advice everyone. Of course, the different opinions are making it harder for me to decide instead of easier, but that's to be expected. Does anyone know of any simple supplex ny...

In GEAR » Pants - BPL Thorofare v. Montbell Stretch Windpants & others
December 11, 2:33pm

Re: Re: Re: Cuben Tent Question
"None of us have done this because a tunnel design often relies on the elasticity of the fabric. Cuban has none. And the seams would have to be really within 1 mm or it would be sloppy."...

In GEAR » Cuben Tent Question?
December 10, 12:04pm

Re: Cuben Tent Question
I'd really like to see a cuben tunnel tent similar to the TT Cloudburst or Stephenson Warmlite. It'd shed wind really well, and with carbon fiber poles should be pretty light.

In GEAR » Cuben Tent Question?
December 09, 9:23pm

Pants - BPL Thorofare v. Montbell Stretch Windpants & others
Hey guys, Thanks for the concern about my skin health, and I wish your mother-in-law well, James. I always hike in a railriders adventure shirt and an OR sunrunner cap. But I can't handle ...

December 09, 5:22pm

Pants - BPL Thorofare v. Montbell Stretch Windpants & others
I'm trying to decide on pants for use on a thru-hike (either PCT or CDT). I've previously used convertible pants with success, but I am thinking of trying something else to avoid the weigh...

December 09, 4:08pm

Re: Re: Gear choices for the PCT
Funny you should ask about what pants I used -- they were convertible nylon pants from REI. They worked fine, but I think I can find a lighter set up for my next thru. I'm thinking of either ...

In GEAR » Gear choices for the PCT
November 20, 4:40pm

Re: Gear choices for the PCT
In terms of the bag, a 32 degree quilt is insufficient, but it might be possible to incorporate the Ultra 20 into a system that can work. I have the BPL version of the Nunatak Arc Ghost. I used i...

In GEAR » Gear choices for the PCT
November 20, 10:46am

Re: Rae Lakes
"I did the loop on October 24th in 12 hrs, 31 mins." Nice video. I like your others, too. 12 and a half hours is pretty quick, particularly with postholing. What did you do for food...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Rae Lakes Loop, too late?
October 27, 11:14am

Re: Pack mesh
If you figure out a source for that stretch mesh, please post about it. I've been looking for the same stuff for a while.

In GEAR » Pack mesh
October 26, 6:09pm

Re: Rae Lakes Loop
"We were going over Glen Pass on Friday, August 28 and saw someone that was doing the loop in a day." I wonder if it was Craig? He mentioned to me that he was thinking of doing it in ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Rae Lakes Loop in a day.
September 17, 8:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Christopher Mills

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
I'm also a huge fan of the RR Adventure shirt. I've used it on a couple PCT thru-hikes and many smaller trips and it is the most versatile article of clothing I've ever used. I took two ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 02, 7:50am