BPL Community Profile

Henry Shires (07100) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Henry Shires hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me President
Tarptent, Inc.
CityNevada City
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.tarptent.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Henry Shires

Showing 81 - 90 of 366 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...37

Forum » Thread

Re: condensation
"I think under certain conditions you will get condensation no matter what kind of lightweight tent you have." When temperature and humidity conspire, condensation happens. Lightweight...

In GEAR » Tarptent Notch Vs SMD Lunar Solo/Skyscape Trekker
March 31, 12:47pm

Re: Re: The Beautiful Die Young... and Good Gear Makers Too??
"There is more to life than running a business, and more happens outside the Internet than our narrow view of someone through their online persona. All I can say is that he was honest with me....

In GEAR » The Beautiful Die Young... and Good Gear Makers Too??
March 15, 7:18pm

Re: The Beautiful Die Young... and Good Gear Makers Too??
BS--so ironically apt--had nothing designwise to do with the Mirage 2P. He hired a designer to do that one. Just so we're all honest here, Kurt Russell was a victim of his own dishonesty and i...

In GEAR » The Beautiful Die Young... and Good Gear Makers Too??
March 15, 5:45pm

Re: RE: notch vs lightheart solo
Happy to add additional apex pullouts for anyone that wants them but as David says, they aren't needed. The Notch is strong. Also happy to add perimeter fly hem tie-outs for those who just wa...

In GEAR » Tarptent StratoSpire 1 vs Lightheart Solo Wedge
March 12, 11:04pm

Re: Tarptent StratoSpire 1 vs Lightheart Solo Wedge"
"the lightheart solo wedge is lighter and seems to have alot more room." If lighter, only barely, as the SS1 include 6 stakes. Yes, more floor space--some not usable--with less head/s...

In GEAR » Tarptent StratoSpire 1 vs Lightheart Solo Wedge
March 10, 4:38pm

Re: New tent
I would say yes for the SS2 if you can keep them in the vestibules. No, at least not comfortably, if all 4 of you need to be on the floor. The RS2 has a larger floor and would work if you can conv...

In GEAR » New tent
March 08, 4:20pm

Re: Re: Double Rainbow vs Stratospire 2
And I sent you one back yesterday. Let me know if you didn't receive it. -H

In GEAR » Double Rainbow vs Stratospire 2
March 07, 2:09pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Double Rainbow vs Stratospire 2
" Not sure if the 5 oz saving is worth pursuing for the smaller tent." Dramatically smaller, more expensive, and less liveable. It most certainly isn't "freestanding" as...

In GEAR » Double Rainbow vs Stratospire 2
March 07, 9:45am

Re: Tarptent Moment modifications
John, try tightening those floor elastic strap a little--unknot and retie with a little more tension. That will give you more bathtub at the ends. Also, use the existing pocket clip and interior ...

In GEAR » Tarptent Moment modifications
March 07, 9:33am

Re: Question about year of Contrail that I purchased
That's a generation or two prior, circa '08 or so. -H

In GEAR » Question about year of Contrail that I purchased
March 05, 8:55am

All Reader Reviews by Henry Shires

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
I have never done this before but in this case I feel that we need to respond publicly to Demetri's complaint. Here is a copy of the letter we sent him today and a link to photos of the destroyed...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 11, 3:54pm