BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 7991 - 8000 of 11203 | Page: 1 ...791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 ...1121

Forum » Thread

Re: Diagnosed
It would be very interesting if we could find out the one most common factor why some people get the illness, and others don't. As an example, some people might have a pH in their gut that f...

In Philosophy & Technique » Drinking Water for Hiking: Myths and Facts
February 23, 4:43pm

Re: My Wife's Sewing Machine
Chris, they had a few sewing machines in the 1850's. Singer machines became popular a little after that. By the 1930's, many modern homemakers owned some kind of sewing machine or at least ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Show Us Your MYOG Sewing Machines
February 23, 4:38pm

Re: Fleece shirt and vest are both identical in weight! Which one?!
If I am looking for warm insulative padding while I am wearing a backpack, then a fleece jacket or vest is perfect. If I am looking for a warm wrap while standing around in camp, then down is much ...

In GEAR » Fleece shirt and vest are both identical in weight! Which one?!
February 23, 4:26pm

Re: Re: Interesting Comment
It is also interesting to note that the Hetch Hetchy aqueduct system is having cross-connections added, just of late. This is a security measure intended to maintain some degree of water delivery e...

February 23, 3:38pm

Re: Re: Interesting Comment
First of all, there are no dead moose in Hetch Hetchy. There are no live moose, either. Moose do not live anywhere around Hetch Hetchy. Water leaves the Hetch Hetchy Reservoir and flows downhill...

February 23, 3:20pm

Re: Fleece shirt and vest are both identical in weight! Which one?!
The correct answer is: one of each. I was shopping for down warmth for a cool summer, so I got one down vest and one down inner jacket. Together, they add up to about 12 ounces. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Fleece shirt and vest are both identical in weight! Which one?!
February 23, 3:13pm

Re: Re: EN Rating on Quilts
"And maybe the Standards body will be inspired to upgrade the Standard to handle quilts." Yes, and then when the new standards document has incorporated your improvements, you will be ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Katabatic Sawatch 15 Quilt and Crestone Hood Review
February 23, 2:40pm

Re: Thanks!
Some of those big marketing words cost money. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Synthetic vs. natural fibers regarding stench factor
February 23, 2:36pm

Re: Havasupai Replacement Advice Needed
Here's an idea. Death Valley. The desert floor of Death Valley gets incredibly hot, even around April. However, there is the high country, and it goes all the way up into snow country on Tel...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Havasupai Replacement Advice Needed
February 23, 2:22pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Drinking Water for Hiking: Myths and Facts
Once, many years ago, I was in military training in a warm place. It was our day to go out on a 15-mile road march with full gear. We were told to start with one full water bottle, and that there w...

February 23, 2:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.