BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 7991 - 8000 of 10326 | Page: 1 ...791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 ...1033

Forum » Thread

Re: potassium chloride
I think that your stomach would warn you that you have too much potassium chloride long before your blood chemistry got too fouled up. --B.G.---

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Ramen Noodles
November 01, 6:02pm

Re: Bob
I don't know much about water testing. What I would do is to contact my local water supply officials and ask them how they test the local water supply. If they have a thousand-dollar test...

In GEAR » Most efficient gravity filter system - need market update
November 01, 6:00pm

Re: Activated carbon update
When you get all finished with this exercise, how do you intend to accurately measure the filter performance? --B.G.--

In GEAR » Most efficient gravity filter system - need market update
November 01, 4:45pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: priming a white gas stove and fuel consumption
They were not commercial trips. They were shared-cost group trips for an outdoor club. As for Nepal. Yes. Been there, done that, read the book, saw the movie. On my first trek there in 1983, ...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Effect of Cold on Gas Canisters
November 01, 3:13pm

Re: Making Spinnaker Stealth
The good thing about camping during a snow storm is that you don't have to worry so much about camouflage over a tent. If it is a snow shelter, then you have to work the other way and put up a ...

In GEAR » Making White Spinnaker Stealth
November 01, 3:06pm

Re: Making White Spinnaker Stealth
I have a gray Spinnshelter, also. When I camp in the open, I simply lay a couple of large green/brown camouflage bandanas on the top edge. If I do that too effectively, I won't be able to fi...

In GEAR » Making White Spinnaker Stealth
November 01, 1:52pm

Re: Re: if yer worried about salt ...
So, what you can do is buy some dieter's salt. It is mostly potassium chloride with a bit of sodium chloride. --B.G.--

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Ramen Noodles
November 01, 1:48pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: priming a white gas stove and fuel consumption
When you write "LPG," I think Propane. I think the cost economics won over weight economics. In the traditional backpacking world, and among the group leaders, white gas is the winner....

In Editor's Roundtable » The Effect of Cold on Gas Canisters
November 01, 4:10am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: essentials
"And Kendall Mint Cake. ;-) " Yes, Kendall Mint Cake. If you have a Kendall Mint Cake, you will never run out of food. That is because you can never quite force yourself to eat the...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiker Missing In Cascades Found Alive
October 31, 6:59pm

Re: Re: camera case to shoulder strap connection
Everybody's solution here is a little different, and it varies with the exact camera equipment you carry. I've tried several kinds of chest packs for a camera, and they do not work for me b...

In GEAR » Protecting DSLR's
October 31, 11:42am

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.