Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 7991 - 8000 of 12726 | Page: 1 ...791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 ...1273

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Help. Need a recommendation for a digital scale.
Harbor Freight Tools often has some inexpensive scales like this. I think that is where I got mine. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Help. Need a reccomendation for a digital scale.
August 12, 2:08pm

Re: Help. Need a recommendation for a digital scale.
Thirty years ago, when this whole ultralightweight thing came around, we did not have good digital scales that were cheap. I used a 16-oz postal scale for the little stuff, then a 30-lb baby scale ...

In GEAR » Help. Need a reccomendation for a digital scale.
August 12, 1:54pm

Re: Not interested
"Why did you post two times to say your not interested?" Yes, I believe I did. I really wasn't interested in that unknown stuff the way it was being described. I've gotten chea...

In Make Your Own Gear » .65oz/yd - 8d nylon taffeta fabric - FOR SALE --- $6/yd
August 12, 1:48pm

Re: MT 20s
Gee, I wonder if you could strap real crampons onto those things. Not. --B.G.--

In Editor's Roundtable » Minimalist Footwear for Fall/Spring Backpacking
August 12, 2:11am

Re: Weight of caldera cone snowpeak700
I can't give you an exact number, because mine is for a slightly different pot. Mine weighs slightly over 1.6 oz. This is without the caddy or other stuff, of course. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Weight of caldera cone snowpeak700
August 12, 1:22am

Re: How much clothing
"After a while, it seems kind of gross." I'm not sure what you mean here, David. You need to pin down your target a little better. "On the Central Coast of California"...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How much clothing
August 12, 1:17am

micro cord
I was wandering through a local Army surplus store, and I got to the aisle for ropes and cords. Of course, we are always looking for some really strong and really lightweight cords, especially if t...

In GEAR » micro cord
August 12, 12:59am

Re: Re: Re: Wildlife Photos
Chris, I just have to figure out how to get them to leap into the titanium cook pot. I got one classic shot of the pika with the bundle of grass in its mouth. Then the one you saw of it hiding i...

In Post-Trip Reports » Solo on the Evolution Loop, John Muir Wilderness and Kings Canyon National Park, California
August 12, 12:33am

Re: Alternatives to Therm-a-Rest NeoAir
David, I'm not sure that it is on everybody's list. I haven't used an air mattress in thirty years or so. My backpacks each have a slot for a foam pad to be inserted, and the foam pa...

In GEAR » Alternatives to Therm-a-Rest NeoAir
August 12, 12:30am

Re: Bob
"Presumably there are any number of threads in Gear Swap that you're not interested in." Pilate, now you are confusing. This is not Gear Swap. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » .65oz/yd - 8d nylon taffeta fabric - FOR SALE --- $6/yd
August 11, 9:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.