Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Guest

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 7991 - 8000 of 12816 | Page: 1 ...791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 ...1282

Forum » Thread

Re: the opposite
One fellow posted his entire equipment list here that had been purchased from WalMart for a song. It was not the very best equipment, but it would do the job. Unfortunately, the BPL search engin...

In GEAR » if you could start over again- SUL with abundant resources...
August 16, 1:36am

Re: Light Affordable roomy 4 season tent
I doubt that you will find anything meeting your criteria. Get a North Face VE-25 or Mountain-25. It fits three people fine, and I have put four in there on several trips. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Light Affordable roomy 4 season tent
August 16, 1:25am

Re: extra food
"Approaching someone with ultra-light gear is probably low yield. Unless they are carrying light gear so they can carry extra food." I take exception to that comment. sputter sputter n...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT trip cut seriously short...
August 16, 1:18am

Re: extra food
Erik, the really smart thing to do would have been to slide down the hill to the LeConte Ranger Station, which was only 50 yards off the main trail with a sign. Now, rangers are not there 100% of t...

August 16, 1:14am

Re: Training & experienced companions
"And a warm mattress or mattress combo." Yes. For starters, take whatever you use for a summer sleeping pad, and double that. For winter, I generally take two pads of three-quarters le...

In GEAR » Temperature rating for the high sierras in winter.
August 16, 1:04am

Re: bishop pass
I didn't remember the Bishop Pass Trail all that well, either. I had gone over it once before, but that was going the opposite direction on skis, and that was eight or nine years ago. Part o...

August 16, 12:57am

Re: SAD.
"I've tried to hide my bear can." Generally, it is a good idea to wedge the can into some rocks or some tight place where the enterprising bear can't roll it away. It is also a...

August 16, 12:31am

Re: details
"I like the idea of Bob's jingle bells, but I've heard that you're not supposed to attach anything to a canister that would allow a bear to grab/bite onto and drag away the caniste...

August 16, 12:23am

Re: Temperature rating for the high sierras in winter.
Hmmm. First of all, you want to get your winter travel skills going. That means either cross-country skis or snowshoes. Second, you want to connect with a group that does organized winter snow camp...

In GEAR » Temperature rating for the high sierras in winter.
August 16, 12:15am

Re: Re: Re: SLR + Lens around 1lb?
Maybe start looking around at a Canon Powershot G12. It is kind of in the middle between the compact cameras and the big cameras. I've been a Canon shooter since 1997 (film) and digital in 2002...

In Photography » SLR + Lens around 1lb?
August 16, 12:04am

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.