Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 7991 - 8000 of 12552 | Page: 1 ...791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 ...1256

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: ACR ResQLink 406
"I don't suppose we're allowed to change our own batteries yet?" It might be a liability thing. If an ordinary consumer replaces the batteries, they might get in right, or t...

In GEAR » SPOT vs PLB (now that prices have changed)
July 22, 5:32pm

Re: Re: We have taken care of the customer.
"I dunno, I kind of liked War and Peace....." Tolstoy was underrated as a backpacker. --B.G.--

In GEAR » POE's warranty is a P.O.S.
July 22, 3:12pm

Re: Critter Can
That's probably not all of what the rangers told you. The backcountry traveler is still required to keep all food away from bears and other wildlife. There aren't too many ways to accomp...

In GEAR » Critter Can
July 21, 6:26pm

Re: Re: Critter Can
"Marmots are very active there, too. Don't know how long a can would last against them." Yes, I believe that a metal paint can would stand up well to a normal marmot. It's thos...

In GEAR » Critter Can
July 21, 5:55pm

Re: WTB affordable trekking poles
I don't know if this is your cup of tea, but I recently reported on what I purchased at Wally World. It was an 3-segment adjustable trekking pole by Outdoor Products for $12.88. It is not a ...

In Gear Swap » WTB affordable trekking poles
July 21, 5:53pm

Re: Critter Can
What is the purpose of your critter can? If you are backpacking around Mineral King, you will still need to have something like a bear can. It's easier to just put all of your food in the be...

In GEAR » Critter Can
July 21, 5:45pm

Re: Glacier trip, Thick or thin bag?
I was in Glacier last month. A 50-degree bag wouldn't be much better than a piece of Saran wrap. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Glacier trip, Thick or thin bag?
July 21, 4:31pm

Re: Summer Sausage
Most summer sausage is made out of beef or pork or combination thereof. Where can you find good turkey sausage? I have a few little 1-ounce turkey sausages left, but I will need more soon. They ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Summer Sausage
July 21, 2:30pm

Re: Why are you not a Member of BPL?
At one point in time, I had a paid membership. The articles weren't much good. Immediately I started getting spam to the email address that only BPL had. So, I had to cancel. No way would I rej...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why are you not a Member of BPL?
July 20, 2:11pm

Re: Collapsible trekking poles
Instead of continuing to look for the very best solution, today I purchased the cheapest solution at Wally World. It's an Outdoor Products pole that collapses down to only 24 inches. Cost $12.8...

In GEAR » Collapsible trekking poles
July 19, 9:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.