Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 7991 - 8000 of 12243 | Page: 1 ...791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 ...1225

Forum » Thread

Re: GNP in June
I was in Glacier in June two years ago, and I hiked up the trail from Many Glacier toward the Grinnell Glacier Overlook, and I saw nobody on the trail that morning. Just a mile or two before I got ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where to go in Montana/Wyoming?
June 02, 6:02pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The ENSO effect
" (and the W coast of America too). " In the short term, we are up to our knees in water right now, and the snowpack in the mountains has only begun to melt. --B.G.--

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
June 02, 4:29pm

Re: Re: Re: GTSR opening
Yes, I am planning on being there within this month. I've studied the roads and what is open, and the trails and what is open. Many trails are forecasted for a first clearing in July, and that ...

June 02, 4:19pm

Re: Re: Re: How Much Bleach for Water Treatment
Part of the problem with chlorine-based bleach has to do with benign impurities in the water. If there is a lot of decaying leaf matter in the upstream water, then you have various nitrogen compoun...

In Philosophy & Technique » How Much Bleach for Water Treatment
June 02, 4:01pm

Re: GTSR opening
"Bob, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Logan isn't open for vehicles until early July." I didn't want to hear that. Two years ago, the plows reached Logan Pass, and the...

June 02, 3:33pm

Re: PCT clothes help
Ford, you might want to state approximately when you intend to start and finish, and whether you are northbound or southbound. That would make a lot of difference in clothing warmth needed. --B....

In Gear Lists » PCT clothes help
June 02, 2:37pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: ISO and Shutter Speed
"setting the aperture as close to f2.8 as possible" That certainly allows you to push your shutter speed. However, on some cameras that aperture will give you a very narrow depth of...

In Photography » Having trouble, Help!
June 02, 2:33pm

Re: snow
"Tough call with the snow." David, can you predict when the Logan Pass Highway will open? Glacier Park isn't much to me until the road opens. Even then, it appears that lots of tra...

June 02, 2:03pm

Re: Re: ISO and Shutter Speed
"I always say that I can fix graininess in post processing but I cannot fix blurriness." How true! Once in a while, you are allowing some blur as an artistic element. Outside of tha...

June 02, 1:50pm

Re: ISO and Shutter Speed
"ISO 400 will allow a wider aperture than an ISO 100." No, we are not saying the same thing, and yes, you are confused. The above statement should be that ISO 400 will allow a narro...

June 02, 1:21pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.