Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 7991 - 8000 of 11748 | Page: 1 ...791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 ...1175

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Lightweight Rain Jacket
Justin, that is the one that I referred to earlier. I've had mine for about one year now. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Lightweight Rain Jacket
April 08, 6:20pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: re: location for handle
"Vargo" Wow, 750ml is large for a Sierra cup, but 4.5 ounces of titanium seems like a lot. Sierra cups have about a gazillion uses. Soup pot, beverage mug, poor mirror, noisemaker f...

In Make Your Own Gear » Caldera cone metal
April 08, 5:06pm

Re: Re: re: location for handle
"I think I will use a sierra cup" Most Sierra cups are made out of stainless or else titanium. You could try a Cascade cup, but I have never seen them in titanium. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » Caldera cone metal
April 08, 4:08pm

Re: hahah
Actually, I would expect that backpackers will have nearly all of the gear that they need, and then some. There's one thing that a typical thru-hiker might want. Food. Not just any food, but so...

In GEAR » Tyvex
April 08, 2:57pm

Re: Pinnacles
If you start on the east side, you follow the High Peaks Trail up over the top and then back down on the east side through parts of the talus cave. Or, you can start on the east side, hike aroun...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » camping spot in california
April 08, 2:53pm

Re: Lightweight Rain Jacket
Brian, you might state how you feel about the compromises of waterproof versus breathable, since it is likely that you won't find anything that is perfect at both. Also, hooded or not. I may...

In GEAR » Lightweight Rain Jacket
April 08, 2:38pm

Re: tyvek sources
I don't know. Dan seems like the kind of guy who would buy a 500-foot roll of it and then sell it off the boat this summer. It wouldn't require any tools to sell it by the piece other than ...

In GEAR » Tyvex
April 08, 2:34pm

Re: *tyvek*
"You can buy a grommet kit at any hardware store- very easy to add them to most fabrics." I agree. What you want to do first is to practice with your grommet kit on some scrap fabric. ...

In GEAR » Tyvex
April 08, 2:31pm

Re: Try Pinnacles
I was at the Pinnacles just two weeks ago, because the full talus cave was open. Unfortunately, the cave was a river and the bats were uncooperative. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » camping spot in california
April 08, 2:27pm

Re: oops
Yes, but they change with the seasons. Some dealers do not stock it during the winter, and then they have trouble getting stock in a hurry in the springtime. I don't use Tyvek, myself. I fou...

In GEAR » Tyvex
April 08, 2:25pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.