BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 7991 - 8000 of 11072 | Page: 1 ...791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 ...1108

Forum » Thread

Re: Thanks!
Some of the oldtimers were issued that kind of field clothing when they arrived for duty in South Korea, but then they turned it back in when they left. The U.S. Army has transitioned into fighting...

In GEAR » Korean era Olive Drab Shirt
February 13, 9:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Breezy on Mt Rainer
The Scots have a phrase for that kind of wind. "It's a wee bit sharp today." --B.G.--

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Breezy on Mt Rainer
February 13, 9:30pm

Re: Korean era Olive Drab Shirt
I think I know what you mean. Kind of a soft wool? It would be dated to about 1970. I've seen a scant few of them left around. Your best bet is to look at an surplus store near a large U.S. ...

In GEAR » Korean era Olive Drab Shirt
February 13, 8:18pm

Re: New Daiso loot
"I could save a few grams by removing the handle and using a wire bail, but it is so darn cute." Yes, I studied mine the same way. A few grams could be saved, but not much. The handle ...

In Gear Deals » Daiso stores
February 13, 8:07pm

Re: Breezy on Mt Rainer
Boy! That will keep the condensation out of your shelter. --B.G.--

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Breezy on Mt Rainer
February 13, 7:59pm

Re: Titanium or aluminum
"Beer cans must be lighter than anything else. But how long do they last? And can you make porridge in them?" Only if you use steel cut oats. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Titanium Switch
February 13, 7:53pm

Re: Oahu
Here are some "farms" there that you want to avoid if you are a haole (mainlander). Get somebody who lives there, an oldtimer, or native (kamaaina) to show you the unsafe spots. As you...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Oahu hiking ideas
February 13, 7:49pm

Re: What stove for Nepal/India trekking
The photo looks like it was shot somewhere between Lobuche and Gorak Shep. It must have been closer to Lobuche, because I don't remember any grass at Gorak Shep. I ate a boiled potato and a ...

In GEAR » What stove for Nepal/India trekking
February 13, 10:50am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Aluminum is still lighter in weight and size of pots
"Nor, must he cook ONLY boiled in baggie food." Who claimed that? --B.G.--

In GEAR » Titanium Switch
February 13, 10:10am

Re: 113g Inverted canister stove
Franco, I agree that plywood makes a good base material, but most of it is too heavy. Isn't there a better material than that? Currently I use a piece of Masonite, but it is a bit heavy also...

In Make Your Own Gear » 113g Inverted canister stove
February 13, 9:54am

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.