BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 7991 - 8000 of 11057 | Page: 1 ...791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 ...1106

Forum » Thread

Re: 2oz?
"Did you make it?" Yes. Roger suggested a silk fabric store that was right up the road from me. --B.G.--

In GEAR » MLD M50 Bag Liner
February 12, 1:18pm

Re: Titanium
"There is basically zero titanium recycling in the world, except at the plant level where the ti-oxides are converted to sponge, and the sponge is turned into metal products." Josh, th...

In GEAR » Titanium Switch
February 12, 1:05pm

Re: the way to ship bear spray .
""How will he get it up there? You can't fly with it." ohh.. pish tosh tiddle ... it is only illegal if it is in the passenger compartment." Peter, you missed the p...

In Gear Lists » Two weeks in Alaska
February 12, 12:47pm

Re: Re: Titanium
It is entirely possible that the titanium in your modern cook pot had a former life about twenty years ago, flying across the sky at Mach 2.5. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Titanium Switch
February 12, 1:47am

Re: Momentum 50 Bag Liner
"That Momentum 50 liner you have at 3oz is lighter than the silk liner I just sold over on WB. It was a Grand Trunk Silk liner, very minimalistic and it weighed 4 ounces." You've g...

February 12, 1:13am

Re: injuries
"and that includes all those dirtbag climbers going up el capitan ..." Another old story. I was walking around on the top of El Capitan one evening, and I was camped about a mile away....

In GEAR » Where to carrying a plb and why?
February 12, 1:11am

Re: MLD M50 Bag Liner
It seems like a silk bag liner would be better. Lighter and much cheaper. Probably something other than orange color. --B.G.--

February 11, 11:58pm

Re: Re: Pocket Rocket for Winter??
"A Whisperlite will work in way down low temps. What exactly is wrong with yours? Clogged jet?" Let me repeat an anecdote. My XGK stove wouldn't work right. REI couldn't repair...

In Winter Hiking » Pocket Rocket for Winter??
February 11, 11:46pm

Re: Bear spray
"I imagine someone in the group will be bringing something." How will he get it up there? You can't fly with it. "What I may be interested in is a small canister for my...

In Gear Lists » Two weeks in Alaska
February 11, 11:37pm

Re: Re: Can we close this conversation
"Sam doesn't mention whether or not he plans to collect speaking fees. It wouldn't be surprising if he had seen that other people had managed to turn adventurous treks into paid speaki...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Initiative...12,500 miles, one year, will he do it?
February 11, 9:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.