BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 7991 - 8000 of 11450 | Page: 1 ...791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 ...1145

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: bombs away!
"You haven't answered mine." I wouldn't want to waste your time with my speculations. What would have happened if the Big Bang had fizzled? There's no point to it. ...

In Chaff » Libya
March 21, 7:40pm

Re: Re: Yosemite roads closed
Another good place is near Carson Pass, at the Red Lake turnout. I've seen the road closed to the west, but never to the east also. --B.G.--

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Another snow trip?
March 21, 7:34pm

Re: Ultralight Repair Kit
That's pretty close. I carry a few items: 0.35 oz of Duct tape, less of first aid tape, some safety pins, 0.1 oz of sewing kit, and one zip tie. When I go heavy, I add in a foot or two of steel...

In GEAR » Ultralight Repair Kit
March 21, 7:32pm

Re: Yosemite roads closed
Yosemite National Park gets one or the other of its highways closed every year. It is unusual for multiple highways to be closed simultaneously, or for very long. In the past, whenever we planne...

March 21, 7:24pm

Re: Inquiring minds want to know
"Is it ever going to stop snowing in the Sierra?" I predict... yes, the snow will stop by the first of the month. The only remaining question is: which month? I believe that seve...

In Chaff » Came here to hide
March 21, 7:15pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: bombs away!
"Bob -- you are correct. I believe the Korean War was a mistake. Kim Il Sung took 98% of the peninsular (basically everything except the lone southern port of Busan). The civil war was over fo...

In Chaff » Libya
March 21, 7:12pm

Re: Yosemite roads closed
"Highways 41, 120 and 140 entering the park have been closed." But the BPL crew only needs one of those highways leaving the park, not entering. --B.G.--

March 21, 5:53pm

"Since 1945, Kuwait was the only war I supported." Benjamin, I believe this is your quote. Therefore, one can only assume that the defense of the Korean peninsula in 1950-1953 was n...

In Chaff » Libya
March 21, 5:51pm

That's interesting. You supported the North Korean invasion of South Korea in 1950. --B.G.--

In Chaff » Libya
March 21, 5:35pm

Re: scale
"Have you managed to find a digital replacement for that spring bathroom scale (the one that measures to the ounce, up to 30 pounds)?" No, I have never had a scale like that. --B.G.--

In Philosophy & Technique » scale
March 21, 5:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.