BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 7991 - 8000 of 10384 | Page: 1 ...791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 ...1039

Forum » Thread

Re: layers
"Whats the pros of a down jacket?" They are warm. Oh, wait, maybe that was a trick question. For my summer trips in the Sierra, I always take at least one down layer to augment the ...

In GEAR » clothing systems
November 07, 8:46pm

Re: Re: Rock Shelters
It's enough to make you want to go re-watch the movie, Quest For Fire. --B.G.--

In Philosophy & Technique » Rock Shelters
November 07, 6:58pm

Re: under layers
-2 pair under-armor spandex underwear for hiking. (swim in them too) -1 pair boxers for sleeping in. (I sleep warm, and typically just sleep in just my underwear even in temps below 30) For me,...

November 07, 6:55pm

Re: clothing systems
Ten or twenty years ago, I would have sworn up and down that a two pairs of socks combination was the only way to go, plus one pair for spare (like if I stepped into a river). The skin on my feet h...

November 07, 6:27pm

Re: clothing systems
This is for a week-long trek, where, exactly? Panama or Patagonia? --B.G.--

November 07, 6:10pm

Re: Rock Shelters
"Anyone use rock shelters for sleeping?" Early humans did. The people who understand this more are limestone cave explorers. Their term for it is "roof breakdown." What...

In Philosophy & Technique » Rock Shelters
November 07, 3:47pm

Re: G12
"Photography is a big part of my trips though." Exactly. While moving along the trail, I have my DSLR and long lens ready for wildlife. But when I arrive in camp, I get out the tripod ...

In Photography » Canon G12 v S95
November 07, 12:44pm

Re: crampons or something else?
Around June or July of a good snow year, the high passes have lots of old snow still piled up. If I am using heavy boots with good edges, then I will carry a lightweight ice axe. If I am using mid-...

In GEAR » crampons or something else?
November 07, 12:40pm

Re: GG gorilla and bearvault
What is the problem with bear canister effectiveness? Food goes into the canister. Canister goes into the pack. End. The bear canister is a multiple use item: food container, camp seat, swimm...

In GEAR » GG gorilla and bearvault
November 07, 12:33pm

Re: short arms
"I'm only 5'5" but measured between 65-70 cm" That's good enough. Your legs reach all the way down to the ground, don't they? --B.G.--

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Ice axe fitting
November 07, 12:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.