Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 7991 - 8000 of 11619 | Page: 1 ...791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 ...1162

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Best way to pitch a tarp with a cantanary ridge?
In the old days, tarp cords were larger and heavier, like more than 3mm in diameter, and it was easy to find tensioners and cord locks that worked. Now we are moving into the realm of 1.0 to 1.5...

In GEAR » Best way to pitch a tarp with a cantanary ridge?
April 02, 9:50am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Dual sided map
Produce bag is about 2 grams Grocery bag is about 5 grams Gallon ziploc is about 10 grams Nylofume bag is about 28 grams (large) My sleeping bag stuff sack is about 22.5 grams I'm just t...

In Multiple Use Gear » Dual sided map
April 02, 8:23am

Re: Re: Dual sided map
"carry it in gallon zip top bag" The weight of a bag like that is not insignificant. I'm trying to move to produce bags, which are much lighter. --B.G.--

In Multiple Use Gear » Dual sided map
April 02, 7:57am

Re: Re: Rain / wind pants
"Using material that doesn't breathe seems counterproductive to me." What fabric did you have in mind? I've had coated nylon rain pants, and they didn't breathe at all, ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Rain Pants
April 02, 7:50am

Re: Map printed on shirt?
Great idea. But then you wash it a couple of times and watch the trail disappear before your eyes. The other factor is that you can print maps on good paper with a lot finer detail than you can ...

In Multiple Use Gear » Map printed on shirt?
April 02, 12:58am

Re: schedule
May 4 to June 4, huh? I don't claim to be the world's best skier, but I would be leery of the snow conditions at that season. You may be too late for good corn snow, but too early for ba...

In Winter Hiking » Advice appreciated April, May Tahoe to Whitney?
April 01, 11:04pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Rain Pants
Tim, I don't think that anybody claimed that Momentum 90 was waterproof. The phrase that I used was "rain resistant." --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » Rain Pants
April 01, 10:53pm

Re: Questions on cuben?
William, I don't know. However, I would venture some guesses. If you fold it in exactly the same way each time, you will eventually stress those same fold lines. By the same token, if you stuff...

In GEAR » Questions on cuben?
April 01, 10:06pm

Re: Frontier Pro users, do you also use chemicals to pretreat the water?
"My question is what method do you use to treat water locally, say in the Santa Cruz mountains and in other bay area locations?" In the Bay Area, I use public drinking water. As I stat...

In GEAR » What is everybody's favorite way to treat water?
April 01, 9:21pm

Re: Frontier pro users, do you also use chemicals to pretreat the water?
"My question to all you frontier pro users is chemical treatment necessary?" In the famous words of Dirty Harry: Do you feel lucky, Punk? * Assess the water risk. Are you trying to ...

In GEAR » What is everybody's favorite way to treat water?
April 01, 8:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.