Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ryan Faulkner (ryanf) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid atlantic, No. Cal
About Me My name is Ryan Faulkner, i am 17 years old, and have been UL backpacking for about 7 years. I have been inspired by hikers like Andrew Skurka, and Ryan Jordan, and have dedicated my trips to going light and fast.
I plan on hiking the PCT and AT before finishing college, and after I hope to get some sort of a career in the backpacking industry.(I havent quite figured out how exactly, but i will :)
I have some big plans for the future, but ill keep those quiet for now ;-P
StateVirginia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.ryanfaulknerphotography.com
My PDF Gear ListWinds-Yellowstone Trek 2008

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 791 - 800 of 916 | Page: 1 ...71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ...92

Forum » Thread

Nion video
has anyone seen the new Nion video on the mini bull website? Minibull Nion

In GEAR » Nion video
November 07, 2:19pm

Re: re: HTML test
backpacking light Gossamer Gear Trail Runners

In User Test Forum » HTML test
November 07, 1:59pm

Re: Re: make a pocket puck
good tips, I have been looking into getting a tool like this. and using a template would help. I have never used one before, I just wing it, but it certainly would help.

In Make Your Own Gear » make a pocket puck (dial up users beware)
November 07, 1:00pm

Re: Re: make a pocket puck (dial up users beware)
I have not tested the one I made with these pictures because I am out of HEET. but the green one shown made of Sprite cans, I made a few weeks ago and I have tested. I did not time it but I am gues...

November 07, 11:36am

Re: Re: Micro Puff vs.Thermawrap Parka
the thermawrap parka is very different in warmth compared to the jacket. the jacket uses 50g/m2 excelloft the parka uses 80g/m2 so the parka has a thicker loft and is the same as the micro p...

In GEAR » Micro Puff Jacket vs.U.L.Thermawrap Parka
November 07, 10:48am

make a pocket puck (dial up users beware)
I dont know quite how tinny at mini bull degigns dose it but I found out a way to do it my self you will need 2 cans, a thumb tack, a utility knife, Jb weld, needle nose pliers a rubber mallot, an...

November 07, 9:37am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lightweight 3-season synthetic bag?
That was in a tent before I started using tarps, but I think I could use it in a bivy/poncho combo if I added some extra clothing. Ryan jordan has used an arc X near this temp

In GEAR » Lightweight 3-season synthetic bag?
November 06, 10:16am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lightweight 3-season synthetic bag?
when I used it to 5 degrees I had a liner but I was wearing only a cotton t shirt and nylon pants with a prolite 3 but that was a down bag

November 06, 10:12am

Re: Re: Re: Lightweight 3-season synthetic bag?
and use an old synthetic clo-up sheet (no longer made but similar to the down thermal sheets in synthetic) for the rest of the year. but I am planning to replace it with a nunatak arc ghost soon

November 06, 9:08am

Re: Re: Lightweight 3-season synthetic bag?
it depends where you are, because I use a #2 as a winter bag down to 5 degrees in virginia. yes I have used it to 5 degrees comforatably

November 06, 9:05am

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
I am so glad I found this website, before this site I was carrying a 30-40lb pack, after reading the articles I got my list under 10, and after joining the forums, well carrying less than 4 pounds is ...

In Books and Media
December 31, 10:20pm

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
Good thought. I bring this stove whenever I need to simmer, one disadvantage of alcohol stoves. I like it much, much, much better than the MSR pocket rocket, the 4 titanium stands are much more ...

In Stoves - Canister
December 30, 1:25pm

ThermoJet MicroLite
I did not buy this stove, in fact, I have never bought a alcohol stove, but have many of the MBD stoves and tonight added this wonder to my collection. I actually

In Stoves - Alcohol
December 09, 9:56pm

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
I did not purchase a pocket puck from mini bull design, but from looking at pictures and from expeience from making other stoves I made my own flattened side burner stove. I like the overall design, w...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 06, 1:16pm