BPL Community Profile

Jason Elsworth (jephoto) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale New Zealand
About Me Jason Elsworth has not added a biography yet.
CityWellington
CountryNew Zealand
My Website URLhttp://www.jasonelsworth.co.nz

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jason Elsworth

Showing 791 - 800 of 893 | Page: 1 ...71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90

Forum » Thread

SPOT or PLB
If SPOT worked with high reliability it would be the greatest. However, as it is I think my family would just be more worried when they didn't get any messages from me and were left wondering. ...

In GEAR » SPOT vs PLB (now that prices have changed)
November 02, 3:23pm

Holgas
"If someone could fit a modern lens and metering system on a Holga I'd snap one up in a heartbeat." Ah but then it wouldn't be a Holga:) I am definitely going to take my Holga on ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Olympus E-620 Digital SLR Camera Review
October 30, 4:10pm

Olympus E-620 Digital SLR Camera Review
Personally I would take some of what Ken Rockwell says with a small pinch of salt :) However, I do think that for many people, despite their limitations, compacts are a great choice. Like all our e...

In Editor's Roundtable » Olympus E-620 Digital SLR Camera Review
October 28, 3:02pm

New JRB quilt
Sierra Sniveller as it is the widest. Feedback on the JRB quilts is generally very positive. I haven't tried my No Sniveler enough yet to give a sound opinion, but it is a bit too narrow for me...

In GEAR » Jacks Are Better Quilts
October 24, 7:30pm

Width
I have a JRB No Sniveller at 48" width and, despite what the BPL review says, I find it is too narrow for side sleeping. I am 6 foot and about 154 lbs. Don't go to narrow just to save a fe...

In GEAR » quilt sizes...
October 24, 2:20pm

Duomid
Lots of info here http://phil-turner.net/

In GEAR » Which fabric for DuoMid for my expected conditions?
October 21, 2:51pm

Snow shovelling
On Ron's site he suggests silnylon, as it is more abrasion resistant for shoveling snow off the sides. I went Silnylon, as I couldn't get me head round spending the extra to save four ounce...

In GEAR » Which fabric for DuoMid for my expected conditions?
October 21, 12:56am

They are great
Ordered all the way to NZ and they were first rate. They also took VAT off the price of my goods.

In GEAR » Ultralight Outdoor Gear in the UK
October 20, 2:57pm

TGO Gear
Looks good to me. I would carry the NEC expedition weight garment. In terms of leg wear I have also looked at Colin Ibtotson's idea and think it could work well for me as long as the pants were...

In GEAR » TGO Challenge clothing list questions
October 20, 1:18am

Advice
You've had some great advice here, particularly from Jack. Over the years many people have contacted me with similar questions about buying photo gear. My advice has always been to research tho...

In GEAR » Starting from Scratch
October 18, 3:31am

All Reader Reviews by Jason Elsworth

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Jacks R Better Fast and very helpful
Arrived quickly all the way to New Zealand and looks very well made.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 16, 4:11am