Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hk Newman (hknewman) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Western US
About Me Mostly 2 to 3 day loops, with a couple weeklong trips too. Debating whether to go 2 weeks or more. Lightening up but with an eye towards toughness and hiking convenience (secure drying on the trail. quick set up, etc...), but also a bit better food (and beverage) for most overnights. Then again I might want to do a spartan "fast n'light" overnight ... and the gear closet grows.
I'll update my gear list tomorrow ...
CityThe Gila
StateNM
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListEver changing gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hk Newman

Showing 791 - 800 of 1355 | Page: 1 ...71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ...136

Forum » Thread

Countrywide... a few observations and thoughts
I was at a stream crossing taking a break and a guy comes pounding down the trail and immediately starts screaming at me “where do I cross, where do I cross? I can’t lose time”. Maybe te...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » just finished the JMT... a few observations and thoughts
September 11, 1:31pm

Re: MYOG: Supplex Pants
Great idea. Supplex has a great feel to it. How long would these last (both fabric and stitching)?

In Editor's Roundtable » MYOG: Supplex Pants
September 11, 12:12pm

Re: An Ultralight Philosophy Outside of Hiking
Most sailors have only a certain amount of stuff they can bring on board, having read up on sailboat living. I'd go with layers that can go in town or on the trail if your sub goes to ports of...

In Philosophy & Technique » An Ultralight Philosophy Outside of Hiking
September 11, 11:47am

Feedback Re: Re: Backpacker just came in the mail
I wonder if anyone critiques their issue and mails it back to them? BP has (or at least had) a reader board where we would vote on the covers, content, specific future articles to be considere...

In Chaff » Backpacker just came in the mail
September 09, 7:50am

Re: Backpacker just came in the mail
I usually read BP for the trip ideas and stunning photos, but this is their annual survival issue. Interesting take on bear safety (not "Bear" safety ... haha) but maybe they should hav...

In Chaff » Backpacker just came in the mail
September 09, 7:40am

ULA fabric choices are back
Check out their FB page. Fabric choices are back for 2012.

In GEAR » ULA fabric choices are back
September 08, 12:59pm

Re: target market
Good point about price, Tom. Many people may be priced out of the UL market but could get into a relatively lightwt but full-featured bag.

In GEAR » ULA Sleeping bag
September 07, 8:45pm

Re: ULA Sleeping bag
Looking at their website, it also states the fabric on this Klymit bag is using stretch baffles and anatomical hood (assuming it's a hood that moves with the head like the old Sierra Designs Fl...

In GEAR » ULA Sleeping bag
September 07, 9:16am

Re: 100 Miles on the Colorado Trail 6/8 - 6/14
Andy, Great adventure just to be out a week. Ever find the source of the foot pain?

In Post-Trip Reports » 100 Miles on the Colorado Trail 6/8 - 6/14
September 06, 3:07pm

Regulations
I'd read the human resources regulations governing employees breaks/lunch/dismissal times and see how much leeway a supervisor is given first. If there are no set times, such as mandating 15 m...

In Chaff » Student workers. Am I off?
September 04, 7:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Hk Newman

Hk Newman has posted no reviews.