Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hk Newman (hknewman) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Western US
About Me Mostly 2 to 3 day loops, with a couple weeklong trips too, ... thinking about multi-week.

I'll update my gear list tomorrow ...
CityThe Gila
StateNM
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListEver changing gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hk Newman

Showing 791 - 800 of 1453 | Page: 1 ...71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ...146

Forum » Thread

Re: Adventure.
I was thinking of this last night watching two young men with blue Walmart pads tied on top of a mixture of old army surplus and big box gear,being dropped off by a pick up truck (Dad?) at sunset i...

In Philosophy & Technique » Adventure.
February 13, 3:53pm

Re: Boots, shoes, and knee support
Depends on the individual I guess. I had a bunch of PT problems hit and civilian/ military docs couldn't figure it out (running in those Vietnam-era flak vests pre-Iraq probably didn't hel...

In GEAR » Boots, shoes, and knee support
February 12, 7:39pm

Speaking of hams and glutes...
Do those foam rollers really work? Mostly to Jennifer but also anyone with any sort of exp -pro or con. Add that may make a good dual use pillow

In GEAR » Boots, shoes, and knee support
February 12, 7:31pm

Re: Re: Help! Mom is coming west.
... but anything closer to the airport will be kind of dreary and isolated. I'll use the Oakland Airport Hilton when catching a connection at Oakland Intl. (prefer SF Union Sq. but that'...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Help! Mom is coming west.
February 12, 8:08am

Re: Snow layering
One thing I "noticed" snowshoeing in the mountains overlooking Albuquerque or Santa Fe is that winter conditions change going over that ridge and the wind just cuts right through the laye...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Snow layering
February 11, 8:12pm

Re: Pictures
It's not that purple and if inexpensive, a sacrifice to the eventual campfire spark. Another option may be rotating it in the summer sun and letting the shell turn more gray with UV damage.

In Make Your Own Gear » MAN-ifying a jacket
February 10, 2:05pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: al-Awlaki
.. Darioli wrapped up in silnylon.... Not really the answer I was looking for ...

In GEAR » quadcopter/drones for backpacking (the future is coming)
February 07, 8:51pm

Re: Re: al-Awlaki
I asked the following simple question: 'Imagine you are leading a US Army patrol in, say, Afganistan, patrol an area known to be threatened by Al-Quaeda. You come under fire. Are these 'l...

In GEAR » quadcopter/drones for backpacking (the future is coming)
February 07, 7:19pm

Re: Ethics/Morality... Or Pay Pal Gift???
Not sure what the problem is. Looks like Konrad is only trying to keep the price down for prospective buyers, .. not like he will leave the country with $200 or so bucks. There's probably a w...

In Gear Swap » Ethics/Morality... Or Pay Pal Gift???
February 07, 1:38pm

Re: My situation has changes
Wim - Looks like a little more than half of the permits are reservable 168 days out but almost half are only available first come-first serve before 11 AM the day you plan to enter the wilderness a...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Hiking Sierra's: newbie confused with the permit system
February 07, 8:11am

All Reader Reviews by Hk Newman

Hk Newman has posted no reviews.