BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 781 - 790 of 1060 | Page: 1 ...70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ...106

Forum » Thread

Posting a Long Gear List
I use a free tool called CutePDF Writer for PDF conversion from any program. It installs as if it's a printer but outputs a PDF. Great tool!

In Philosophy & Technique » Posting a Long Gear List
October 01, 9:43pm

2010 Big Agnes 3 Wire Bivy
Good point, I forgot about mountaineering. Wouldn't Event allow a lot of heat to escape as well as water vapor?

In GEAR » 2010 Big Agnes 3 Wire Bivy
October 01, 1:45pm

2010 Big Agnes 3 Wire Bivy
The first time I slid into my new Big Agnes Fly Creek I couldn't help thinking it felt like a bivy. Now I look at the specs of the 3 Wire and I'm scratching my head. Why would I buy the T...

In GEAR » 2010 Big Agnes 3 Wire Bivy
October 01, 12:01pm

MLD Exodus
Jason - I didn't know they had changed the waist belt, I assume that means that the Prophet now has a wider belt? (any links to info regarding the change (ie. weight etc.) would be apprecia...

In GEAR » MLD Exodus
September 30, 1:51pm

MLD Exodus
Jason - The volume reduction works very well. I have used both the bottom loops to reduce volume as well as the bungees. The bungees can really compact the load and this feature has allowed me t...

In GEAR » MLD Exodus
September 30, 9:02am

MLD Exodus
I've had my Exodus since the spring and agree with the above posters regarding the quality from MLD. I really like my Exodus but I had to make a few changes to it before getting it to near...

In GEAR » MLD Exodus
September 30, 12:27am

What do you look for in a backcountry camera?
Waterproof - If your camera is in a sealed bag you will use it less often Ruggedized - The screen on my camera broke on the first backpacking trip I took it on. 28mm - wide angle. (some o...

In GEAR » What do you look for in a backcountry camera?
September 29, 6:02pm

Virga
I tried the Virga but it doesn't breathe well and lacked some of the features I like in a jacket. I switched to a Montbell Peak Shell which is 2 oz. heavier than my Virga but is more breat...

In GEAR » Rain Outfit
September 27, 2:40pm

Water Sources...
The upside of all the "ups and downs" of the JDF is that there is a creek at the bottom of each one. There are water sources at each camping area as well.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » West Coast Trail Gear Questions
September 24, 1:33pm

Neo Air Small
Yes it will work fine. I use a small foam bum pad (.25 " thick) for my legs and there isn't any "leg drop". I keep hearing this and don't understand how it can happen un...

In GEAR » Neo Air Small
September 24, 1:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm