Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Rusty Beaver (rustyb) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Rocky Mountains
About Me Rusty Beaver has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rusty Beaver

Showing 781 - 790 of 832 | Page: 1 ...65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84

Forum » Thread

4-way stretch?
Hi David, Thanks for the input. Have you noticed your 4-way losing some of its stretch? How much were your packs and pockets used? rusty

In Make Your Own Gear » Mesh, sil-nylon or 4-way stretch for side pockets on backpack?
January 25, 9:17am

Thanks for the info & link, guys.
And Bender, I can't believe those lights are so inexpensive! No doubt Chinese made where labor is cheap and enviro regs are few.

In GEAR » Photon Micro-Light II on Ebay?
January 22, 9:56am

Photon Micro-Light II on Ebay?
They're $3.19 with free shipping. Seems too good to be true. Are they older and inferior models?

In GEAR » Photon Micro-Light II on Ebay?
January 21, 5:51pm

Rather than a seperate "inner net" by MLD/SMD.....
....why not just attach the net to this shelter so it's all one piece? In other words, have a slightly larger bug bivy with sil-nylon floor (kinda like the MLD bug Bivy) attached to the undersi...

In GEAR » Joe Valesko of Zpack's new 9oz tent
January 20, 9:01am

Thanks, guys.
I'm still pondering all the possible details when I make my side pockets. My latest idea -assuming I use some 1.1 oz ripstop I have laying around- is to fold both bottom corners up before s...

In GEAR » Question about ULA packs
January 19, 3:49pm

Question about ULA & other packs that don't use mesh in their side pockets.
Do the side pockets in the ULA packs have grommets or other means in which to drain spill liquids or rain? I ask as I see that ULA doesn't use mesh.... and I'm trying to establish the ne...

In GEAR » Question about ULA packs
January 19, 9:32am

Thanks, John.
Great resourcefulness. I appreciate you taking the time to post the photos. rusty

In Make Your Own Gear » Mesh, sil-nylon or 4-way stretch for side pockets on backpack?
January 15, 8:37pm

Thanks for the info, guys.
Much appreciated!

In GEAR » Running shoes bad for the joints?
January 15, 9:00am

Concern with 4-way mesh.
"you will get deformation eventually with the 4-way" En...or whomever else would like to opine, This is my main concern with using any type of stretchy material. For side pockets th...

January 14, 6:36pm

Thanks for all the great ideas, everyone!
While driving, I noticed the local fabric store was having a 50% off sale so stopped and found a 4-way stretch mesh material called "speaker cloth". It felt very similar to what Granite G...

January 14, 6:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Rusty Beaver

Rusty Beaver has posted no reviews.