Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Rusty Beaver (rustyb) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Rocky Mountains
About Me Rusty Beaver has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rusty Beaver

Showing 781 - 790 of 814 | Page: 1 ...63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82

Forum » Thread

I bet some wrestlers did/do wear them...
...and Erik, thanks for the links. I still have not located anything other than coated nylon and vinyl though. I suspect I'll have to make my own....

In GEAR » Anyone use a "sauna suit" for a VBL?
January 08, 3:56pm

Hendrick, I'm envious!!
I have been wanting to build a sauna but haven't had the time. I also want a suit I can wear under my down clothes while in a sleeping bag. Was going to sew my own too but due to time restra...

January 08, 11:16am

Sauna suits
They look like a simple rain suit; pants and jacket without a hood. They are worn by some who believe they'll lose weight by sweating more during an exercise. You can check them out at any b...

January 07, 10:36am

Anyone use a "sauna suit" for a VBL?
I've been eyeballing these for a while but all I have been able to find is vinyl and they feel to weigh a pound or more. I'm hoping to find a suit made from garbage bag like plastic whi...

January 07, 10:07am

A couple things I tried
I finally got around to trying a couple things: mounting on the shoulder strap (various spots up & down the strap) and on the waist belt. I didn't care for either location so I'm thinki...

In Make Your Own Gear » Easiest way to add water bottle holder to GG Wisp pack?
January 03, 9:40am

Re: Re: VBL in dry vs wet climate
"In my experience a VBL is quite comfortable when the sleeping bag would have been a bit chilly otherwise. I keep hearing that they're only useful below "freezing" but I haven...

In Make Your Own Gear » Home made sleep vapor barriers
December 31, 9:20am

Ha
After a year of thinking about this, I see no sense in rushing things now. ;-)

December 29, 9:35am

Thanks for all the ideas!
Keep them coming, please.

December 28, 5:48pm

Thanks, guys.
I use a Klean Kanteen. I think the lip near its mouth would prevent the bottle from sliding out w/ Ula's Holster. On the other hand, the Simblissity does look like a more secure system...althou...

December 28, 12:32pm

That is certainly simple.
Thanks, Benjamin. That is about as simple as it gets. Have you, or anyone else, tried this? I'm wondering how stable this set-up would be.

December 28, 11:49am

All Reader Reviews by Rusty Beaver

Rusty Beaver has posted no reviews.