BPL Community Profile

Lyan Jordan (redmonk) - BPL Guest

My Locale Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem
About Me Constantly pushing the envelope on UL lifestyle. Over the last few years, I have saved a ton of weight by replacing my old gear with innovative new materials woven from hollow words, broken contracts, and empty promises.
CityBozeman
StateMT
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.promisemoredelivernothing.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lyan Jordan

Showing 781 - 790 of 971 | Page: 1 ...70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ...98

Forum » Thread

Tarptent Squall 2
++ Ben2World I hope this does not become the new standard for conducting business at BPL.

In Gear Swap » Tarptent Squall 2
February 17, 1:41pm

Is it better to lose weight, or decrease pack weight?
Losing body weight will take stress off of your body, leaving you more likely to be in the mood to strap on a pack and go for a walk.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Is it better to lose weight, or decrease pack weight?
February 17, 1:15pm

Tarptent Squall 2
From my point of view, If one trustable person says I have an item for sale at this price, and another trustable person says I'll take it at that price, the deal is done. I've n...

In Gear Swap » Tarptent Squall 2
February 17, 10:59am

hood or hoodless wind shirt
+1 hoodless for a windshirt, for almost all of the same reasons mentioned in this thread. Everytime I've been caught in a snow storm with my wind shirt and no shell, I've regretted ...

In GEAR » hood or hoodless wind shirt
February 12, 10:33pm

Should I walk the PCT this year?
The way I see it, there are three times when it is easy to do the PCT. Right after college before getting a career started, as part of a mid life crisis, and after retirement. I'd say go...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Should I walk the PCT this year?
February 11, 2:03pm

Thought I'd try orzo
I use a lot of it, the shape packs well in bear canisters. See Israeli couscous too for another easy to pack tiny pasta.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Thought I'd try orzo
February 07, 7:59pm

Colored down for cuben items
Nice post ! How warm was the dye solution ?

In Make Your Own Gear » Colored down for cuben items
February 06, 2:56pm

Running shoes bad for the joints?
Since all the barefoot sites focus specifically on restoring the forefoot strike of a natural runner, and the benefits of such a stride, I assumed people were talking about running. I don'...

In GEAR » Running shoes bad for the joints?
February 03, 6:27pm

Running shoes bad for the joints?
On pavement, every step is the same. Every impact the same. My experiences make me believe that the flat, un-naturally firm, and consistent surfaces upon which many people train, accelerates i...

In GEAR » Running shoes bad for the joints?
February 03, 6:06pm

air travel with a backpacker stove
Yes, you can take a lighter onto an airplane in the united states. This is a change from previous policies where lighters were not allowed.

In GEAR » air travel with a backpacker stove
February 03, 5:18pm

All Reader Reviews by Lyan Jordan

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Absaroka
Great pack. Smallish, but fits a bearikade expedition. I used it on a JMT thru, and it carried great with 30# in it. Comfortable. Carries on the hips, not much should pressure at all. Would wo...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
October 16, 10:25am