BPL Community Profile

Joshua Mitchell (jdmitch) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Kansas
About Me Joshua Mitchell has not added a biography yet.
CityLawrence
StateKansas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joshua Mitchell

Showing 781 - 790 of 845 | Page: 1 ...66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85

Forum » Thread

General Sherman...
In King's Canyon Park has to be one of the most awe-inspiring 'things' I've ever seen in my life. The National Parks Service listing doesn't even BEGIN to do the General justice. The first br...

In Post-Trip Reports » going to see Sequoia's - anyone?
September 21, 3:07pm

One problem...
Metal conducts heat well and it's thin.. therefor the exterior surface of the material is effectively equal to the interior surface (aka High Heat Flux at very low delta Ts) Lexan, on the other ...

In Multiple Use Gear » Lexan Bottles
September 20, 6:55pm

hobby stores
I know right where an RC type hobby shop is... I'll check there on my way home... er... not tonight, tomorrow...

In Make Your Own Gear » Aluminum "Flat Fold" Cook Pot
September 20, 12:50pm

Hobby Lobby?
Wow... I gotta go check that out... would have never thought to get metal from them...

September 20, 10:52am

origami style stove
the only problem I see (conceptually) is that an origami type stove is not likely to be strong enough to hold the weight of a pot full of water... flat side are notoriously weak, the nimblewill cro...

September 19, 9:10pm

folding woodstove
Risk's Windscreen Forge Yeah, risk has... well, it's round rather than sqaure... but the idea is sound... and you can get foil thickness SS from mcmastercarr.com

In Make Your Own Gear » Alcohol Stove
September 19, 1:33pm

Nice bill...
It seems to me, I remember (from the Mat Sci class I took waaaaaay too long ago) that there are different "tempers" of aluminum and getting the right temper would likely allow this design to last l...

September 19, 12:02pm

Gabriel, you're awesome
I head to Fresno about 2-3 times a year for work. I'd love to rent some gear and camp out in the forest once or twice... Thank!

In Post-Trip Reports » going to see Sequoia's - anyone?
September 18, 7:03pm

folding titanium...
that'd be a hell of a multi-use item... of course, I've been braingstorming for a while on how to use one of the 321 Stainless Foil Bags that mcmaster carr sells into a foldable bag/pot...

September 18, 7:01pm

Orisako
Bill, I got the Red kit for my birthday... pretty sweet looking

September 18, 1:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Joshua Mitchell

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Icebreaker Tech T Lite Superfine 140
This is my first Merino T-Shirt (though I have a couple other manufacturers). Wore it a few days straight in super-hot/humid Boy Scout Summer Camp... little to no smell... way comfortable... man I lik...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
July 20, 12:54pm

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
Got mine (Auto-Ignition) a couple years ago as my Xmas present to myself (single engineers have money...), loved it ever since.

In Stoves - Canister
August 02, 11:28am