BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 771 - 780 of 1109 | Page: 1 ...69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ...111

Forum » Thread

Big Agnes Fly Creek 2
I'm 6 ft tall and lying on my back on a 2.5 inch thick pad (with the sleeping bag hood on) I just barely reach the end of my Fly Creek 1. The FC2 should have the same amount of room, if not mor...

In GEAR » Big Agnes Fly Creek 2
February 05, 9:33pm

What is the best handheld GPS for under 100$?
If your requirement is under $100, holds a signal well and has a good map base you should look at the Garmin Etrex Legend "H". This unit will be probably be a bit over $100 but I wo...

In GEAR » What is the best handheld GPS for under 100$?
February 05, 9:02am

2 Person Lightweight double wall tent
When I bought my CopperSpur UL2, I was concerned about the width but it's proven it can sleep two large adults comfortably but it is snug. Where the Copper Spur really shines is when you a...

In GEAR » 2 Person Lightweight double wall tent
February 01, 9:47pm

Webbing Hip Belt and Loads
Ron - Will upgrading the waist belt on the Newt to 1.5 inches be possible as well? I'm interested in that pack but really don't want a 1" belt.

In GEAR » Webbing Hip Belt and Loads
January 31, 11:02am

Webbing Hip Belt and Loads
I've changed the belt on my MLD Exodus from 1" to 1.5" and it made a huge difference to me. The 1.5 inch belt carries 20 pounds easily but I expect the upper limit to be around 25 lb...

In GEAR » Webbing Hip Belt and Loads
January 31, 1:32am

The iPad Thread...
Oh Great!! I guess this means that after walking 3 days into the backcountry for some peace and quite, I can now expect to be greeted by a group of "happy campers" watching movies on thei...

In GEAR » The iPad Thread
January 28, 12:50am

Re: Preloaded
Unfortunately correct. A lot of people get stung by this... the Oregon 300 is exactly the same unit as the 400T only it is $100 cheaper and doesn't come with Topo pre-loaded on the card. If ...

In GEAR » To those with a Garmin GPS - I need help
January 24, 8:03pm

Stove...
What can I say Bob, I've always been a gear junkie!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Your EARLIEST Digitized Backpacking Photo
January 17, 1:05am

Your EARLIEST Digitized Backpacking Photo
I believe these are from 1975 or 1976. Hiking the Yoho Highline Trail (now Iceline Trail), Yoho National Park. Banff National Park -- Nice taught pitch on the tent... and illustrating exc...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Your EARLIEST Digitized Backpacking Photo
January 17, 12:55am

GPS data online...
Sounds like TrailPeak.com is what you are looking for. It's a paid service (like BPL) but has tons of GPS info gathered from the community. http://www.trailpeak.com/index.jsp?cat=def The...

In GEAR » GPS and Map Software Standards?
January 16, 1:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm