Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 771 - 780 of 1125 | Page: 1 ...69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ...113

Forum » Thread

Montbell Super Spiral...
I pulled the trigger and ordered the new UL Super Spiral Down hugger #3. Advertised weight (for the Long) is 24 oz with a temp rating of 30F (-1 C). I'll be interested in comparing it to my s...

In GEAR » Montbell Super Spiral
March 12, 7:48pm

Montbell Super Spiral
Montbell has finally posted their new model sleeping bags for 2010. I've been stalling on buying a new bag until they announced their new line-up. Now the decision... do I go for the new U.L...

In GEAR » Montbell Super Spiral
March 12, 4:32pm

UL Grizzly Bear Repellent
Bob - In some of the National Parks in Canada certain trails are closed to anything but a large group of hikers (I think 6 is the magic number) when bear activity is high in the area. It's ...

In GEAR » UL Grizzly Bear Repellent
March 07, 1:06am

New to lightweight backpacking
>>The Montbell Thermawrap jacket looks to be ideal. Combined with a baselayer shirt (have not decided between wool or Capilene) and the Mica jacket, is this a good lightweight 3 season combin...

In Gear Lists » New to lightweight backpacking
March 05, 1:06am

GPS Newbie
The electronic compass on a GPS does provide an added benefit (that I don't use) and is there to compensate for the fact that the directional input on your GPS screen is only good when you are ...

In GEAR » GPS Newbie
March 03, 2:13pm

GPS Newbie
Selecting the "best" GPS depends on what features you want. The Colorado, Oregon and Dakota are aimed at the Geocaching market and have poor battery life and a pile of features that don&...

In GEAR » GPS Newbie
March 03, 8:15am

GPS Newbie
Miguel - The Garmin Hcx is a really good unit. If you are night hiking in dangerous terrain, I would suggest that a GPS is only useful if you have existing tracks to follow. A GPS will alw...

In GEAR » GPS Newbie
March 03, 12:25am

Vancouver 2010
@David - I picked mid June because of the tides... perfect for a walk that leaves Renfrew. A yo-yo would be amazing, if you decide to do it, let me know and I can help out with a re-supply (as lon...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Vancouver 2010
February 22, 7:31pm

Vancouver 2010
Dan - Maybe do a few test paddles on a Neoair :) I read somewhere that if you get into trouble on the trail when it's closed and you have to get hauled out, you pay the rescue cost. Some...

February 22, 1:59am

Vancouver 2010
>> Personally, if anyone thinks Vancouver is nice, they need to get out to Vancouver Island - amazing.<< Family Guy - I think you are mistaken, Vancouver is a MUCH nicer place to boo...

February 21, 9:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm