Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ryan Faulkner (ryanf) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid atlantic, No. Cal
About Me My name is Ryan Faulkner, i am 17 years old, and have been UL backpacking for about 7 years. I have been inspired by hikers like Andrew Skurka, and Ryan Jordan, and have dedicated my trips to going light and fast.
I plan on hiking the PCT and AT before finishing college, and after I hope to get some sort of a career in the backpacking industry.(I havent quite figured out how exactly, but i will :)
I have some big plans for the future, but ill keep those quiet for now ;-P
StateVirginia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.ryanfaulknerphotography.com
My PDF Gear ListWinds-Yellowstone Trek 2008

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 771 - 780 of 916 | Page: 1 ...69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ...92

Forum » Thread

Re: Insulation research
sorry I did notice the JR. now I understand

In GEAR » Micro Puff Jacket vs.U.L.Thermawrap Parka
November 08, 10:39am

Re: JR on Polarguard Delta
what do you mean? my research????

November 08, 10:12am

Re: Re: Re: jackets, parkas, and pullovers , whatever
Joe, I tried to ask for some thing similar to this but I guess it has already been done? your input Synthetic insulation

November 08, 10:09am

Re: how to make a thumb nail
Bob, when your pictures resize in photo shop wont the link to the pitures be the same size photo? or do you have to have the same picture saved twice, one small and one large

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Photo file size
November 08, 8:55am

Re: Re: Pack recommendation for 10 day hikes
I too recomend the mariposia for these loads. my dad used one at philmont with a base load of about 20lbs, and after resuplies was up to 40.he said it worked great with these loads he uses it no...

In GEAR » Pack recommendation for 10 day hikes
November 08, 8:51am

Re: jackets, parkas, and pullovers , whatever
I am no expert on this kind of stuff, both polarguard delta and exceloft have their advantages, but me personally would go with the mont bell for the weight and money savings and just be careful no...

November 07, 8:25pm

Re: synthetic insulations
sorry did`nt know that this was done.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » synthetic insulations
November 07, 8:06pm

Re: jackets, parkas, and pullovers , whatever
I never said if one was warmer or not, I was just comparing similarities and differences of the two jackets but on the mont bell website it says thet exceloft will only reatin 1% of its weight i...

November 07, 8:02pm

synthetic insulations
is there any way backpackinglight can do a reveiw comparing different kinds of synthetic insulations. exceloft, polarguard 3D, primaloft, ect. it is hard to compare products with diferent insulat...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » synthetic insulations
November 07, 7:58pm

Re: Re: jackets, parkas, and pullovers , whatever
the older thermawrap Jacket was lighter than the 2006 version as well. 2005 Jacket 7.9oz 2006 Jacket 8.8oz Parka 12.7 all three are avalible on sale at argear.com Insulating Jackets

November 07, 7:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
I am so glad I found this website, before this site I was carrying a 30-40lb pack, after reading the articles I got my list under 10, and after joining the forums, well carrying less than 4 pounds is ...

In Books and Media
December 31, 10:20pm

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
Good thought. I bring this stove whenever I need to simmer, one disadvantage of alcohol stoves. I like it much, much, much better than the MSR pocket rocket, the 4 titanium stands are much more ...

In Stoves - Canister
December 30, 1:25pm

ThermoJet MicroLite
I did not buy this stove, in fact, I have never bought a alcohol stove, but have many of the MBD stoves and tonight added this wonder to my collection. I actually

In Stoves - Alcohol
December 09, 9:56pm

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
I did not purchase a pocket puck from mini bull design, but from looking at pictures and from expeience from making other stoves I made my own flattened side burner stove. I like the overall design, w...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 06, 1:16pm