BPL Community Profile

HK Newman (hknewman) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Western US
About Me Started backpacking in 1998 in my early 30's- US with some global travel (Pacific, Europe, Asia, northern Mexico). Semi-retired from govt type work, now working 2-3 contracts per yr, trying to keep summer and winter free to backpack, mountain-bike,snowshoe. Here to hike maybe a bit more further, faster while still enjoying scenery, as I still haven't discovered the fountain of youth. Have a 20F kit, .. starting on a 45F one, maybe a deeper winter one (all interchangeable) need to update gear list.
CityDuke City
StateNM
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListEver changing gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by HK Newman

Showing 771 - 780 of 1188 | Page: 1 ...69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ...119

Forum » Thread

Re: Virus from a water source?
Maybe the closer you are to human settlement that doesn't treat its sewage discharge (viruses like hepatitis).

In GEAR » Virus from a water source?
January 16, 9:03am

Re: Forecast your sex life for the year ahead
"The Great Divide in British Columbia...." I just got my passport renewed, Coincidence?

In Chaff » Forecast your sex life for the year ahead.
January 13, 12:43pm

Re: How do you store/organize your gear?
Might want to check out Mike C's new book where he has everything in one large cardboard box. Put in your vehicle and go. Might be good if you do not want to the neighbors knowing you are goi...

In GEAR » How do you store/organize your gear?
January 12, 3:49pm

Ueli etc...
A climber may not worry much about campsite comfort, though if they got the weight down, a zipperless sleeping bag could be marketed as an emergency sleeping bag I guess. Checking out the Mounta...

In Philosophy & Technique » ueli just says no ...
January 12, 3:32pm

Re: Wet and Cold Temperature Tolerances?
All I know is southern Rockies, June, 11,000 ft, my feet in regular trail runners were damp and cold at the end of an overcast day with on again/off again showers .

In GEAR » Wet and Cold Temperature Tolerances?
January 12, 3:03pm

Re: Toll roads
Texas has had some toll roads leading to the more affluent northern 'burbs of Dallas, Houston, and Austin for awhile, although they just put in toll lanes on the international bridges leading ...

In Chaff » Editorial on Occupy Wall Street
January 12, 2:57pm

ATP
Adenosine tri-phosphate used in muscle and other cells. Having a metabolic problem like diabetes obviously requires a physician, who will attempt to have the patient control insulin and carbohydra...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » My Paleo
January 08, 7:26pm

Re: Where is all the energy going..?
@ Jerry et al: "So where is the energy going to?" I have never heard anything about the amount of calories that go through the digestion system unprocessed. Is it because we have a...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » My Paleo
January 08, 5:28pm

Re: Life expectancy of down sleeping bags
Christine has hiked more Aussie trails than most Aussie hikers and more US trails than Us hikers... Franco Yes, I just started reading Christine's blog this morning and it's a wealth ...

In GEAR » Life expectancy of down sleeping bags
January 08, 2:38pm

Re: Life expectancy of down sleeping bags
Having a similar issue with a Mountain Hardware Phantom 40 down bag (800-fill) used as a quilt (with a sleeping bag liner but - add- exposed to pretty dirty Central Asian air) continuously for abou...

In GEAR » Life expectancy of down sleeping bags
January 08, 2:08pm

All Reader Reviews by HK Newman

HK Newman has posted no reviews.