Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Art ... (asandh) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Art ... hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Art ... has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Art ...

Showing 771 - 780 of 1366 | Page: 1 ...69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ...137

Forum » Thread

Re: Is it rude to fill a wedding registry with backpacking gear?
hmmm ? 3 pages about a wedding registry ? on BPL ? weddings should be small (anyone can get married). 25 year anniversaries should be big (not everyone can do this).

In GEAR » Is it rude to fill a wedding registry with backpacking gear?
April 10, 11:27am

Re: "Grand Canyon- Double Crossing aka "Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim"- BPL Group Run"
Craig gear looks good, although micro spikes look a bit heavy. I'll probably go with my bright yellow Bbee, hard to get lost. is that a weiner dog ? I have two at home. Eugene my Cap 3 s...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Grand Canyon- Double Crossing aka "Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim"- BPL Group Run
April 10, 7:50am

Re: Extra Items
Greg agree about the spikes. and I tend to sweat a lot in a rain suit too, but for me its more to hold in warmth rather than keep me dry, sort of a travelling emergency bivy.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Grand Canyon- Double Crossing aka "Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim"- BPL Group Run
April 09, 11:25am

Re: Additional gear
the thing about the mylar bivy is ... I like to think I would make the smart decision and turn around early rather than try to gut it out and get myself into trouble. but one never knows.

April 09, 10:25am

my standard clothing for this : knit hat, possibly my balaclava light weight gloves North Face Triumph pullover shell ultra light rain pants (optional last minute decision) Patagonia nano puff...

April 09, 10:00am

Re: Weather Forecast Getting Worse ?
as far as ice on the trail, the final 1,500 ft (2 miles) up to NK trailhead is not exposed. but below that are some interesting drop offs.

April 09, 9:00am

Weather Forecast Getting Worse ?
Looks like the weather forecast may have taken a turn for the worse. Could be setting up for near perfect hypothermia weather. 1. bring proper clothing 2. bring plenty of food to keep the ...

April 09, 8:26am

Re: packing powders
for packing my powders (perpetuem) I go with a sandwich sized ziplock rolled fairly tight, then placed inside another sandwich sized ziplock. don't need rubber bands, and I prefer this over put...

April 08, 8:31pm

hmmm, 2 weeks ago I was an 8.5, then 2 days after Old Goat I caught a really bad cold. should be back up to 7 by April 14, or even 8 again if this week goes well. the thing in my favor is I know...

April 08, 4:35pm

Re: Tongue firmly in cheek!
the thing about something like the RRR is that if you go slow enough you can go any distance. the only real question mark is being able to go xx distance in xx time. so if somewhere along the trai...

April 08, 3:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Art ...

Art ... has posted no reviews.