November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Erik Basil (EBasil) - BPL Guest

My Locale Atzlan
About Me Erik Basil has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Diego

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Erik Basil

Showing 771 - 780 of 858 | Page: 1 ...67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86

Forum » Thread

Great Vid
Very cool. I need vids like that to stoke some guys, who have never backpacked, on High Sierra backpacking. Soon, a group of Boy Scouts will watch this.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Muir Project Video
October 17, 9:26am

now in stereo
Run a string from the bottom of the cup to another 3 feet away, tension it, and you've got stereo. 4 more cups, and it's surround sound. Add a Bearvault 400 and it's 5.1...

In Multiple Use Gear » Use a cup as an iPhone speaker
October 17, 9:18am

Emberlit looks interesting
Google "Emberlit stove" and do a forum search for it, here. It looks interesting: light, flat and with a feed-port to keep it going.

In GEAR » Wood burning stove
October 16, 9:34am

Some brands just... gone
Some brands just vaporize and others live on, like the gear, even after they don't really live on. I guess Kelty's still around, but surely there's a pile of older companies that didn&...

In GEAR » Interesting History site about outdoor gear with photos
October 14, 4:53pm

Dedication to the cause
"I certainly intend to empty more beer cans as raw materials for test." Ha ha! Yes, R&D must continue!

In Make Your Own Gear » Foster Cans With Ridges
October 14, 7:14am

Smaller is great
Whether superlight, or just smaller and light, reduced size is great! Plus 1 on the reduction of clothing sizes, but if you go from XXL to M, you'll be a shadow of your former self! Ha ha!

In GEAR » Backpacking....small
October 14, 7:10am

Picture makes a thousand words?
The Sawatch looks amazing. So awesome. No doubt it's totally great. However, it sure a heck doesn't look bigger than the widebody Big Agnes. Chase the links, look at the pretty pictur...

In GEAR » Three Seasons Bag Dilema
October 14, 7:04am

very cool idea
This is a great idea and one that could still generate income from those of us that don't have the time/inclination to make a setup ourselves, even once the technique is shown. The beer can is...

In Make Your Own Gear » Foster Cans With Ridges
October 13, 4:37pm

Commercially available toddy
Hey, good point. One can buy cold-brewed coffee concentrate in SoCal, also, from the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf chain. Heck, drink it straight and it won't matter what it weighs.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » lightweight coffee
October 13, 3:28pm

Toddy is great!
Laural describes a (somewhat wasteful) but really cool way to make excellent coffee, the cold-brewed "toddy" style. Because of the very low tannins in the resulting concentrate, it's...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » lightweight coffee
October 13, 3:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Erik Basil

Erik Basil has posted no reviews.