Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Erik Basil (EBasil) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Atzlan
About Me Erik Basil has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Diego
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Erik Basil

Showing 771 - 780 of 858 | Page: 1 ...67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86

Forum » Thread

Great Vid
Very cool. I need vids like that to stoke some guys, who have never backpacked, on High Sierra backpacking. Soon, a group of Boy Scouts will watch this.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Muir Project Video
October 17, 9:26am

now in stereo
Run a string from the bottom of the cup to another 3 feet away, tension it, and you've got stereo. 4 more cups, and it's surround sound. Add a Bearvault 400 and it's 5.1...

In Multiple Use Gear » Use a cup as an iPhone speaker
October 17, 9:18am

Emberlit looks interesting
Google "Emberlit stove" and do a forum search for it, here. It looks interesting: light, flat and with a feed-port to keep it going.

In GEAR » Wood burning stove
October 16, 9:34am

Some brands just... gone
Some brands just vaporize and others live on, like the gear, even after they don't really live on. I guess Kelty's still around, but surely there's a pile of older companies that didn&...

In GEAR » Interesting History site about outdoor gear with photos
October 14, 4:53pm

Dedication to the cause
"I certainly intend to empty more beer cans as raw materials for test." Ha ha! Yes, R&D must continue!

In Make Your Own Gear » Foster Cans With Ridges
October 14, 7:14am

Smaller is great
Whether superlight, or just smaller and light, reduced size is great! Plus 1 on the reduction of clothing sizes, but if you go from XXL to M, you'll be a shadow of your former self! Ha ha!

In GEAR » Backpacking....small
October 14, 7:10am

Picture makes a thousand words?
The Sawatch looks amazing. So awesome. No doubt it's totally great. However, it sure a heck doesn't look bigger than the widebody Big Agnes. Chase the links, look at the pretty pictur...

In GEAR » Three Seasons Bag Dilema
October 14, 7:04am

very cool idea
This is a great idea and one that could still generate income from those of us that don't have the time/inclination to make a setup ourselves, even once the technique is shown. The beer can is...

In Make Your Own Gear » Foster Cans With Ridges
October 13, 4:37pm

Commercially available toddy
Hey, good point. One can buy cold-brewed coffee concentrate in SoCal, also, from the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf chain. Heck, drink it straight and it won't matter what it weighs.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » lightweight coffee
October 13, 3:28pm

Toddy is great!
Laural describes a (somewhat wasteful) but really cool way to make excellent coffee, the cold-brewed "toddy" style. Because of the very low tannins in the resulting concentrate, it's...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » lightweight coffee
October 13, 3:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Erik Basil

Erik Basil has posted no reviews.