Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dan Yeruski (zelph) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale www.bplite.com
About Me Dan Yeruski has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://www.bplite.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dan Yeruski

Showing 761 - 770 of 1422 | Page: 1 ...68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ...143

Forum » Thread

Re: I would listen to David
David, I'm beggining to see more clearly now because you said "Turbulent flow will greatly reduce the stagnant boundary layer which insulates the pot from the hot gases." In the shad...

In Make Your Own Gear » Titanium Windscreen Design
January 20, 6:06pm

Re: Re: Re: Laminar and turbulent flow
"Are you using the "old stock" 2 cup flat bottom cans for your tests?" I'm using new atock. I have to upgrade my store photots. I had too many rejects in the original can...

January 20, 12:54pm

Re: Laminar and turbulent flow
David Thomas, what did you think of Toney Beaselys' shadowgraph photos? Here is a photobucket video that shows the flame pattern with 2 different air entry patterns on a simulated windscreen...

January 20, 6:58am

Re: Re: Laminar and turbulent flow
Here are the results of todays test using the new windscreen, modified StarLyte burner and stainless steel pot support. I used 1/2 ounce of denatured alcohol throughout the test. Water was at a...

January 19, 5:10pm

Re: Laminar and turbulent flow
David Thomas, my design is based on the findings of Tony Beasely. He has some good information on laminar flow around pots and also lots of great photos made with "shadow graph" technigu...

January 19, 11:58am

Re: Re:StarLyte Burner With Lid
Thank you Richard for the heads-up. I made the correction and now all is well:-)

In Gear Deals » StarLyte Burner With Cap
January 19, 8:34am

Re: Re: Titanium Windscreen Design
Hi Bob, yes I'm using 0.005 Titanium foil. I'm using the foster can for storage not protection. I used titanium because of the feet being subject to bending/breaking. David, I'll st...

January 19, 8:22am

Titanium Windscreen Design
Dandy Dan Durston has had an influence on me. His work with ti Windscreens and the StarLyte burners has been extensive to say the least. Thanks Dan for the inspiration and driving force. My wind...

January 18, 8:31pm

Re: StarLyte Burner With Lid
Here is a partial quote from Tony Beaselys' testing of the StarLyte. You'll notice he snuffs out the stove after each test to calculate fuel usage by weight. So by snuffing out your burner,...

January 18, 12:23pm

Re: Starlyte
Thanks Dan, lots of good information there. I'll be sure to read what you have in the links. Here is some data that Tony Beasley documented a while back: http://www.backpackinglight.com...

January 16, 8:21pm

All Reader Reviews by Dan Yeruski

Dan Yeruski has posted no reviews.