BPL Community Profile

Dustin Short (upalachango) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Dustin Short hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Dustin Short has not added a biography yet.
StateSW

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dustin Short

Showing 761 - 770 of 1159 | Page: 1 ...68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ...116

Forum » Thread

Re: Backpack between 3-4 lbs
If you currently have a pack less than 65L, albeit heavy, I would suggest you focus on lightening your other gear first. General wisdom on this site is to buy the pack last once you know what size ...

In GEAR » Backpack between 3-4 lbs
February 19, 2:52pm

Re: Keep it clean and it will last longer
Steven's right. Also take GT's gear report with a grain of salt. While I have the utmost respect for her long term commitment to living outdoors she is very hard on her gear. I think she...

In Make Your Own Gear » A rain jacket that relies on the fabric?
February 19, 2:07pm

Re: A rain jacket that relies on the fabric?
The membranes don't require proofing, they are waterproof no matter what, even if the DWR is shot. The reason DWRs are used is because when a WPB jacket wets out, it pretty much lose all breath...

In Make Your Own Gear » A rain jacket that relies on the fabric?
February 19, 10:15am

Re: Extreme winter sleeping bag system advice?
You're forgetting another key aspect of pushing your sleeping gear into colder temps, your clothing. If you're camping in 0F weather you are bound to have some puffy insulated jackets and p...

In GEAR » Extreme winter sleeping bag system advice?
February 19, 9:09am

Re: RE:Dustin
No problem. You may still get lucky. With the new Helium IIs just released you might find someone looking to upgrade (I think the II is supposed to be 10% lighter and 20% more breathable?). G...

In Gear Swap » WTB sub-7oz rain jacket size SMALL
February 18, 10:43pm

Re: WTB sub-7oz rain jacket size SMALL
Left Lane Sports has smalls available in the green for $80. http://www.leftlanesports.com/product.aspx?p=ODR01237&avad=11193_a28b0245&a=AvantLink Campsaver.com has blue and black in sma...

In Gear Swap » WTB sub-7oz rain jacket size SMALL
February 18, 8:36pm

Re: Re: August 50 miler in N. Arizona?
Anything around Flagstaff will be nice. You may have 90F days (had a few of those even in the pines this past summer) but there's usually a nice breeze. The GC is of course sight to see, but...

In Pre-Trip Planning » August 50 miler in N. Arizona?
February 18, 5:12pm

Mt Humprhey's, AZ in Oct 2010
I 30s exposure at late dusk. I nearly died immediately after this shot as an electrical storm broke out while I was crossing an alpine meadow. Had been rainy all day but not a single threat of thun...

In Photo Gallery » Share Your Trees
February 18, 4:36pm

Desert Rats
I'm with you Nick, I think the coldest I've experienced is 119F ;) Anna, you're picking up on what I've noticed too. That said... When I lived in Boston I got caught in the 20...

In Winter Hiking » coldest temperature you've experienced?
February 18, 1:55pm

Re: paramo
Is paramo just a synthetic (I assume, can't find and mention of the actual types of material used) version of Ventile/Etaproof jackets? As for the Alpha LT, my medium is just around 12.6oz, ...

In GEAR » Durable rain jacket?
February 18, 12:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Dustin Short

Dustin Short has posted no reviews.