BPL Community Profile

Dustin Short (upalachango) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Dustin Short hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Dustin Short has not added a biography yet.
StateSW

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dustin Short

Showing 761 - 770 of 1198 | Page: 1 ...68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ...120

Forum » Thread

Re: blackrock
I'm with a few others. There are plenty of ways for me lighten my load a bit...but really I want to get outside much more. Which I guess really means I need to finish school ;) That said I a...

In GEAR » So What's Tempting You? C'mon, Spit It Out!
February 23, 9:08pm

Re: cuben bonding and clamping
Sewing will actually weaken your bonded seam. It introduces stress points where tears will propagate. This is why many cottage makers have bonded only ridgelines. The hems don't see as much ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben bonding
February 23, 8:56pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "Ultralight hunting" :-(((
Art, A BPL Staff member has already commented that your posts are inappropriate for this thread. I would love to argue hunting ethics, but please create another thread in Chaff to do so (you cou...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » "Ultralight hunting"
February 23, 7:19pm

Re: what can tools fix ?
Peter, no one is arguing that tools aren't useful. Just that on a recreational hike they are not needed generally. I know when I hike pretty much the only machines I'll come across are what...

In GEAR » Multi Tool questions? Lighten my load
February 23, 2:32pm

Re: Pads
+1 on a waterproof pad to double as groundsheet. Also can you get an r-value/thickness for that foam source? I agree on the adhesives. If you could carry Hysol and a lighter tape than the other ...

In Gear Deals » Product Ideas and Feedback Wanted
February 23, 12:14pm

Re: Multi Tool questions? Lighten my load
What tools on the multi tool have you specifically ever used? Most people usually only use a blade or scissors and a razer packed in cardboard or a mini swarmy knife takes care of those needs. ...

In GEAR » Multi Tool questions? Lighten my load
February 23, 12:05pm

Re: Re: really?
I did some quick calculations based off the given dimensions of the bags. Since Zpacks is basically an envelope and GG uses more of a box shape, for fabric area I get: GG .33sqft @ standard .74...

In GEAR » Zpacks vs MLD vs GG cuben fiber dry bags
February 23, 11:50am

Re: packs
Even if the numbers aren't entirely accurate, they are different enough between the two packs to be useful. The Mariposa has total volume of 59L with main compartment of 46L, leaving 13L for...

In GEAR » Mariposa+/Circuit
February 23, 11:24am

Re: Mariposa+/Circuit
http://gossamergear.com/packs/backpacks/mariposa-plus-ultralight-backpack.html http://www.ula-equipment.com/circuit.asp

In GEAR » Mariposa+/Circuit
February 23, 10:37am

Re: Re: why bivi
From rab's product description of the Latok Base: "Single skin eVentĀ® waterproof fabric 3-4 Person TENT with 4 Poles / 7 cross over point geodesic design" Just Brits speaking t...

In GEAR » New Bivvys from Rab
February 23, 10:22am

All Reader Reviews by Dustin Short

Dustin Short has posted no reviews.