BPL Community Profile

Dustin Short (upalachango) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Dustin Short hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Dustin Short has not added a biography yet.
StateSW

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dustin Short

Showing 761 - 770 of 1175 | Page: 1 ...68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ...118

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: an advance? Pshhhhhhhh.
Lets compare apples to apples folks...the Nilas is baffle construction which does make a noticeable difference in warmth compared to sewn thru. That said, here's some of what I found in my s...

In GEAR » Ueli Steck's parka, an advance?
February 21, 5:03pm

Kindle
E-Ink Kindle weighs 6-8 oz depending on model and have a month or more of battery life. They're on par with a paperback for weight but much more functionality. That said isn't carrying z...

In GEAR » Zero day gear....
February 21, 4:20pm

Re: Check out the JRB Sierra Sniveller
Also enlightened equipment has the revelation x. A 20F 6" wide version with 30% overfill will run 25.5 oz and set you back only $200 or so. Pretty darn good deal. The "X" version ach...

In Gear Swap » WTD: 3 Season down Quilt
February 21, 2:39pm

Re: RE: "BPL Quilts"
Also enlightened equipment has some really inexpensive but well made synthetic quilts too if you're interested.

In GEAR » BPL Quilts
February 21, 2:29pm

Pot Holder?
Interesting. How sharp is the blade...if not too bad it almost looks like you could use it as a pot holder as well. Of course though if the blade is really sharp the risk of cutting yourself probab...

In GEAR » Utili-Key. My knife.
February 21, 12:42am

Re: Are my shoes okay?
When I bought a pair of Vasque Blurs the eva foam wrinkled within the first hike or so. I was pretty disappointed at first but never really noticed an lack of cushioning before the soles started lo...

In GEAR » Are my shoes okay?
February 20, 9:16pm

Re: Re: A little goose down test
Actually I'd have to disagree with you Bob. The value of this test is specifically that it is a side by side comparison in an uncontrolled environment. Granted replication of the test become...

In Make Your Own Gear » A little goose down test
February 20, 3:18pm

Re: where to find these fabrics
Pockets is maybe standard lycra mesh such as what Questoutfitters carries? MH lists the following materials used: Body 100D HT Ripstop Dobby Nylon Accent Har...

In Make Your Own Gear » where to find these fabrics
February 20, 11:54am

Re: Re: Ruta Locura Wasatch
ruta locura is having a sale on most items, fyi

In GEAR » Bivy sack
February 20, 11:31am

Re: Sleeping Bag for Wife
I would add Feathered Friends to your list. Your wife seems pretty small at those numbers so the WM Ultralite may still have a lot of loose space around her which will reduce it's efficiency a ...

In GEAR » help finding a lightweight, warm bag for my wife
February 20, 11:21am

All Reader Reviews by Dustin Short

Dustin Short has posted no reviews.