November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dustin Short (upalachango) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Dustin Short hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Dustin Short has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dustin Short

Showing 761 - 770 of 1239 | Page: 1 ...68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ...124

Forum » Thread

Re: stream crossing footwear
If the weather is above freezing and I have to only worry about occasional stream crossings, I don't even hesitate and just wade directly into the water. I find the time fussing about getting w...

In GEAR » Watershoes?
March 09, 11:09pm

Re: Don't do it ...
In addition to Doug Prosser's there's also a two part series recently published on this site about beginning backpacking. It's aimed towards the parents of scouts in what to buy for the...

In GEAR » Backpack Help
March 09, 10:50pm

Re: Instep crampons
I hate to link this, but one of the "similar items" on amazon was a $20 knockoff microspike. Anyone tried these? I've always been interested in microspike but for $60 I just can't...

In GEAR » Anyone tried these weird baby crampons?
March 09, 1:25pm

It probably is the nylon absorbing water, However the test performed in that article isn't really indicative of real world performance. The bag was soaked in water for a half hour, this is f...

In GEAR » Zpacks Exo and HMG Windrider
March 09, 1:09pm

Re: Sleeping Bag Choices? suggestions
Unless the kifaru bag is EN rated I would take the rating with a grain of salt. While the Montbell isn't EN rated either (that I know of) there are several reports on this site and others sayin...

In GEAR » Sleeping Bag Choices? suggestions
March 09, 12:50pm

Re: ArcTeryx here too
Arc'teryx Ramparts. Light, lots of freedom of movement (I can climb anything in them) and DURABLE. I tend to bushwhack through thick desert scrub (cat's claw and worse brambles) and my p...

In GEAR » Light Simple Hiking Pants [suggestions]
March 09, 12:41pm

Re: sock liners + trail runners
assuming your shoes fit with just liners fine, that is you didn't size your shoes for thick padded socks, there shouldn't be any issue. The liner itself doesn't prevent blisters, it&...

In GEAR » sock liners + trail runners
March 09, 12:31pm

Re: Re: 1 oz hat?
Headsweats visor ~1.5oz MYOG out of some thin plastic could probably easily be sub 1 oz

In GEAR » 1 oz hat?
March 09, 12:27pm

Go with a 30F quilt.
I would go with a 30F bag. The difference between 30F and 40F is pretty minimal for a down bag/quilt and the 30F lets you push into 3 season much more comfortably by adding clothing. Also I tend to...

In GEAR » Advice on 3 season vs 1 season bag/quilt
March 08, 2:24pm

Re: Re: Win a Backcountry Shelter
William, the url copy/pasted just fine on my computer and I double checked and it took about 10secs for me to fumble around on my android phone to open the link. Why is it so hard to do such a s...

In Gear Deals » Win a Backcountry Shelter
March 08, 1:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Dustin Short

Dustin Short has posted no reviews.