BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 761 - 770 of 1094 | Page: 1 ...68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ...110

Forum » Thread

The iPad Thread...
Oh Great!! I guess this means that after walking 3 days into the backcountry for some peace and quite, I can now expect to be greeted by a group of "happy campers" watching movies on thei...

In GEAR » The iPad Thread
January 28, 12:50am

Re: Preloaded
Unfortunately correct. A lot of people get stung by this... the Oregon 300 is exactly the same unit as the 400T only it is $100 cheaper and doesn't come with Topo pre-loaded on the card. If ...

In GEAR » To those with a Garmin GPS - I need help
January 24, 8:03pm

Stove...
What can I say Bob, I've always been a gear junkie!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Your EARLIEST Digitized Backpacking Photo
January 17, 1:05am

Your EARLIEST Digitized Backpacking Photo
I believe these are from 1975 or 1976. Hiking the Yoho Highline Trail (now Iceline Trail), Yoho National Park. Banff National Park -- Nice taught pitch on the tent... and illustrating exc...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Your EARLIEST Digitized Backpacking Photo
January 17, 12:55am

GPS data online...
Sounds like TrailPeak.com is what you are looking for. It's a paid service (like BPL) but has tons of GPS info gathered from the community. http://www.trailpeak.com/index.jsp?cat=def The...

In GEAR » GPS and Map Software Standards?
January 16, 1:59pm

Lightest Dry Sacks for very small items?
Christopher - I tested a couple of the OR sacks a while back (check out the thread below). I now use the light weight OR sacks exclusively and have had no issues. http://www.backpackinglight...

In GEAR » Lightest Dry Sacks for very small items?
January 07, 7:51am

Lightest Dry Sacks for very small items?
I have two OR dry bags for my sleeping bag and clothes but haven't managed to find these yet. When I do I'll buy a set and use one for my first aid kit and other small items. The OR dry s...

In GEAR » Lightest Dry Sacks for very small items?
January 06, 9:45pm

Double Rainbow, Lunar Duo, or Nallo 2 what would you choose?
Nathan - If you plan on using a Large NeoAir pick a wide shelter. At 25" wide the Large NeoAir will cause turf wars with your partner (personal experience talking). You are looking at a t...

In GEAR » Double Rainbow, Lunar Duo, or Nallo 2 what would you choose?
January 02, 9:42pm

GPS Battery Usage
My experience is the same as mentioned above. I turn off the electronic compass, don't use the back light, I do use lithium disposable batteries (1 oz/AA) and I turn off the GPS if I stop fo...

In GEAR » GPS Battery Usage
January 01, 6:21pm

Shoe/boot research
Keith - I should have mentioned that the custom inserts that I use are pricey... over $400 CDN to make up the casts of my feet and a pair of inserts that are cut to fit my shoes. Now that I ha...

In GEAR » Shoe/boot research
January 01, 5:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm