Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

HK Newman (hknewman) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Western US
About Me Winter backpacking in the Sunbelt vs. snow-stuff in the Rockies. Started heavy in the mid-90's after a cpl attempts using 60's gear in the late 80's, then went lightweight in the 00's, and finally down to UL in Dec 2013.

I'll update my gear list tomorrow ...
CityDuke City
StateNM
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListEver changing gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by HK Newman

Showing 761 - 770 of 1237 | Page: 1 ...68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ...124

Forum » Thread

Debt
That's why Americans vote a Republican in office about half the time - the debt gets magically solved. Reagan and Bush I (12 years) - the national debt is not a problem because ... Clint...

In Chaff » This is why I have kids
March 01, 9:57am

Re: Patagonia Hate
Price has always been the main bone of contention, though their competitors can get pretty highly priced too (just got a Montane eVent shell = ouch)

In GEAR » Patagonia-Just curious
February 29, 9:15pm

Re: RE: How many changes of clothes do you bring
Usually a Capilene shirt and Kuhl brand pants with a little stretch (replace with surprisingly drafty Patagonia rock climber pants for summer which roll up to shorts). Packed? Just a pair of RE...

In GEAR » How many changes of clothes do you bring?
February 28, 8:24pm

Re: Re: Re: Just Got Robbed Today -
They probably figure if a traveler needs extra pages with all those flights, $82 won't be a problem. Got to keep all those artist employed embossing those symbols into the paper too.

In Chaff » Just Got Robbed Today -- by My Own Government!!
February 28, 8:19pm

Re: Hiking Hells Canyon Rim to Rim
Greener than most photos I've seen posted from trips at this locale. Thanks.

In Editor's Roundtable » Hiking Hells Canyon Rim to Rim
February 28, 6:58pm

Re: Just Got Robbed Today -- by My Own Government!!
$82? Pfft. Just tape some extra notebook paper in there and surprise the customs officials on your next trip with your ingenuity.

In Chaff » Just Got Robbed Today -- by My Own Government!!
February 28, 6:56pm

Re: Las Vegas > Grand Canyon (South Rim) > Flagstaff > Mt Zion > Bryce
In May, the inside of the Grand Canyon will likely be hot, and with the kid carrier, it may be best to stick by the rim looking down .. take a picnic lunch. There's a shuttle bus service, plus...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Las Vegas > Grand Canyon (South Rim) > Flagstaff > Mt Zion > Bryce
February 27, 12:25pm

Re: NeoAir XLite didn't make it through night 1
Handled one at REI and that material is rather thin, though I'd assume the product has been tested. Could some debris have come into your shelter, between pad and groundsheet?

In GEAR » NeoAir XLite didn't make it through night 1
February 26, 11:26am

Re: Re: Those with no car
Hatchlings aside, I'd like to access more trailheads without a car. My car, rental car ... parking overnight due to vandalism and break in concerns kind of takes away from the trip, though it ...

In Chaff » Gas Prices Making You Cranky?
February 26, 11:11am

Re: conservation (for hikers)
Another way to conserve is more walking, since most of us are hikers (assuming safe neighborhoods). It will not work for multiple bags of groceries but to pick up some milk or a loaf of bread, why...

In Chaff » Gas Prices Making You Cranky?
February 25, 11:11am

All Reader Reviews by HK Newman

HK Newman has posted no reviews.