BPL Community Profile

HK Newman (hknewman) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Western US
About Me Winter backpacking in the Sunbelt vs. snow-stuff in the Rockies ... decisions, decisions
CityDuke City
StateNM
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListEver changing gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by HK Newman

Showing 761 - 770 of 1226 | Page: 1 ...68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ...123

Forum » Thread

winter dreams
Off trail just east of Santa Fe, NM in aspens on Tuesday ...

In Photo Gallery » winter dreams
February 23, 9:58pm

Anza 2012
Thanks for sharing the adventure. Curious if the tarptents were reoriented into the wind?

In Post-Trip Reports » Anza Borrego 2012
February 23, 9:34pm

GGG IV
Looks like a fun time and a chance to look at everyone's gear. Thanks for the pics.

In Post-Trip Reports » GGG lV a huge success
February 23, 9:32pm

Zuni area
Pretty far north, surrounded by interesting stuff. Depends if you want forest-alpine, arid forest, or pure desert ... also how far you want to drive. There's the Jemez, a forested backpack, n...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where to go in NM/Arizona
February 23, 1:44pm

Re: Winter hiking in SouthernUSA in general
The Smokies are a mountain range and will be colder than the lower elevations of the South. Same as Southwest as the higher mountains tend to snow-covered while the deserts are actually hikable. ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Winter hiking in SouthEast USA
February 19, 12:17pm

Re: Income
Mike, think Ben was talking about the choice to have kids (some couples choose not to. ... most eventually have at least one hatchling) and the spending that goes with a larger household, though th...

In Philosophy & Technique » Thruhiker mentality
February 18, 11:53am

Re: teaching licensing in other states?
There is a national teaching license in the US (or was until fairly recently, haven't checked the last few years), in addition to the individual state licenses and (iirc) the national cert coul...

In Chaff » teaching licensing in other states?
February 18, 11:49am

Re: Capilene odor issues?
The new ones have their Gladiator treatment and do not stink anywhere as bad as the old ones (or other baselayers), even after a few days ... and my sweat can stink up a baselayer, delaminate showe...

In GEAR » Capilene odor issues?
February 17, 6:55pm

Re: Thruhiker mentality
An interesting perspective but another one is paying mortgage or rent on a place I wasn't sleeping in for weeks, let alone months at a time. I'd have to put my stuff in storage - still mig...

In Philosophy & Technique » Thruhiker mentality
February 17, 5:22pm

Felines ... On the trail
One older backpacker I knew was persuaded by his kids to take a couple kittens on the trail back in the early 70s. He said he sewed stuff sacks on his shoulder straps and they were fine, just they...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking with animals? How about a cat?
February 17, 5:14pm

All Reader Reviews by HK Newman

HK Newman has posted no reviews.