Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Art ... (asandh) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Art ... hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Art ... has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Art ...

Showing 761 - 770 of 1427 | Page: 1 ...68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ...143

Forum » Thread

Girls Against Boys in a 5 to 4 World
its not so much about the decision as it is about the composition of the decision. its been a serious 5 to 4 world for some time, now its Girls against Boys Girls against Boys

In Chaff » Girls Against Boys in a 5 to 4 World
June 28, 8:52am

Re: Whitney Portal -> Yosemite Valley
assuming all your bus schedule info is correct, I'd say your best bet is to try and drop the car at the Portal on Thursday, June 28, then hitch hike down to Lone Pine Thursday afternoon. There...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Whitney Portal -> Yosemite Valley
June 27, 4:40pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: RE: Questions on hiking upto Camp Muir (first timer at Mt. Rainier)
there are several technical easy routes to the Rainier Summit. but even here the danger is in falling into a crevasse. so experience in glacier travel is mandatory (meaning ropes, self arrest, an...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Questions on hiking upto Camp Muir (first timer at Mt. Rainier)
June 27, 12:59am

Re: Re: RE: Questions on hiking upto Camp Muir (first timer at Mt. Rainier)
the route is not technical in July, just a long workout. navigation is not difficult in good weather. I have heard of people getting lost and getting in to trouble in a storm (very unlikely in Ju...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Questions on hiking upto Camp Muir (first timer at Mt. Rainier)
June 26, 8:15pm

Rae Lakes Loop - Clockwise v.s. counterclockwise ?
We will be doing our one day run of the loop starting and ending at Onion Valley on the Eastside. would this start/finish impact your feelings on going clockwise or counterclockwise ?

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Rae Lakes Loop as a one day run, June 16th.
June 25, 11:21am

Re: Re: Re: Hooked on LSD
not hooked to my screen but checking frequently throughout the day. got to say that Nick Clark is my sentimental favorite. after his great efforts in 2010 and 2011 he deserves a win. but 14 minu...

In Other Activities » Hooked on LSD
June 23, 4:05pm

Re: Age of climbing gear
I have known almost zero climbers who store their ropes and harnesses properly. breaking strength is not the only relavent factor for climbing ropes. an old rope that is not too old to break yet...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Climbing harness
June 21, 7:48pm

Re: re: Hooked on LSD
my chiropractor does Active Release Technique, and it does seem to help.

In Other Activities » Hooked on LSD
June 21, 12:55pm

Re: Replacing harness at the same time as a rope?
Eric the point of replacing the rope and harness as a pair is this: whenever your rope absorbs a force so does your harness. take a fall, rap, jug, rope and harness take the same forces. yeah...

June 21, 12:41pm

Re: Climbing harness
David ... and anyone else who climbs, ever heard of Todd Skinner, one of the most prolific climbers in the USA, or world. yah he had a 10 year old harness too ... and it broke and he fell to his ...

June 21, 11:41am

All Reader Reviews by Art ...

Art ... has posted no reviews.