Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Art ... (asandh) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Art ... hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Art ... has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Art ...

Showing 761 - 770 of 1351 | Page: 1 ...68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ...136

Forum » Thread

Re: Weather Forecast Getting Worse ?
as far as ice on the trail, the final 1,500 ft (2 miles) up to NK trailhead is not exposed. but below that are some interesting drop offs.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Grand Canyon- Double Crossing aka "Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim"- BPL Group Run
April 09, 9:00am

Weather Forecast Getting Worse ?
Looks like the weather forecast may have taken a turn for the worse. Could be setting up for near perfect hypothermia weather. 1. bring proper clothing 2. bring plenty of food to keep the ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Grand Canyon- Double Crossing aka "Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim"- BPL Group Run
April 09, 8:26am

Re: packing powders
for packing my powders (perpetuem) I go with a sandwich sized ziplock rolled fairly tight, then placed inside another sandwich sized ziplock. don't need rubber bands, and I prefer this over put...

April 08, 8:31pm

Re: "Grand Canyon- Double Crossing aka "Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim"- BPL Group Run"
hmmm, 2 weeks ago I was an 8.5, then 2 days after Old Goat I caught a really bad cold. should be back up to 7 by April 14, or even 8 again if this week goes well. the thing in my favor is I know...

April 08, 4:35pm

Re: Tongue firmly in cheek!
the thing about something like the RRR is that if you go slow enough you can go any distance. the only real question mark is being able to go xx distance in xx time. so if somewhere along the trai...

April 08, 3:35pm

Re: Wet
from my past hikes I think the soil is mostly pretty sandy. However I did encounter some mud conditions on the last 500-1000 feet up to the north rim where there is more forest. no spikes for me...

April 08, 8:35am

Re: rain or shine
well no mention today on the GC web site of the pipeline break that was posted April 5. does that mean its been repaired ? hmmm, freezing rain, or scorching heat. which would we prefer ?

April 07, 3:00pm

Re: What would you do with 100 Million Dollars?
I would immediately realize its not enough, then drive to Vegas and squander it all in a 48 hour mad frenzied attempt to parlay it into a $ billion.

In Chaff » What would you do with 100 Million Dollars?
April 05, 5:20pm

Re: "Grand Canyon- Double Crossing aka "Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim"- BPL Group Run"
even if Phantom Ranch had bottled water for sale (doubtful, pretty dang expensive) we would pass through there on our way north before the store opened. some kind of backup water filter may be on...

April 05, 1:48pm

Re: What would you do with 100 Million Dollars?
the average person can not handle the stress of a $100 million. would cause more unhappiness than happiness. you should reduce your question to $10 million. you could still easily do everythin...

In Chaff » What would you do with 100 Million Dollars?
April 05, 10:03am

All Reader Reviews by Art ...

Art ... has posted no reviews.