Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Art ... (asandh) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Art ... hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Art ... has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Art ...

Showing 761 - 770 of 1361 | Page: 1 ...68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ...137

Forum » Thread

Latest Forecast
Wednesday morning forecast for Saturday "down in the canyon", where most of the run will take place. Saturday: Showers likely, mainly before 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 61. ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Grand Canyon- Double Crossing aka "Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim"- BPL Group Run
April 11, 8:53am

Re: re: snow on the ditch
Eric there's a path in "Game Theory" that I tend to live by called "mini max". it basically refers to planning for and avoiding a worst case scenario. I never stash gear...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Grand Canyon- Double Crossing aka "Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim"- BPL Group Run
April 11, 7:36am

Re: Re: Film Crew
their loss if no film crew. there should be epic suffering. Reason #1 to bring that warm puffy jacket : Saturday night temps forecast South Rim 26* North Rim 22* don't want to be caught...

April 10, 6:57pm

Re: photo/video?
you mean BPL hasn't hired a film team in a helicopter to shoot this thing ?

April 10, 5:17pm

Re: "Grand Canyon- Double Crossing aka "Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim"- BPL Group Run"
I have the pullover, no hood, nano puff to keep it as light as possible. I will not run with it on generally. will put on my Triumph shell first. But 3 years ago, I remember the last 6 miles back...

April 10, 4:08pm

Re: Is it rude to fill a wedding registry with backpacking gear?
hmmm ? 3 pages about a wedding registry ? on BPL ? weddings should be small (anyone can get married). 25 year anniversaries should be big (not everyone can do this).

In GEAR » Is it rude to fill a wedding registry with backpacking gear?
April 10, 11:27am

Craig gear looks good, although micro spikes look a bit heavy. I'll probably go with my bright yellow Bbee, hard to get lost. is that a weiner dog ? I have two at home. Eugene my Cap 3 s...

April 10, 7:50am

Re: Extra Items
Greg agree about the spikes. and I tend to sweat a lot in a rain suit too, but for me its more to hold in warmth rather than keep me dry, sort of a travelling emergency bivy.

April 09, 11:25am

Re: Additional gear
the thing about the mylar bivy is ... I like to think I would make the smart decision and turn around early rather than try to gut it out and get myself into trouble. but one never knows.

April 09, 10:25am

my standard clothing for this : knit hat, possibly my balaclava light weight gloves North Face Triumph pullover shell ultra light rain pants (optional last minute decision) Patagonia nano puff...

April 09, 10:00am

All Reader Reviews by Art ...

Art ... has posted no reviews.