Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Roger Caffin (rcaffin) - BPL Staff

My Locale Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe
About Me Research Scientist. Been walking all my life, mainly off-track - we don't have 'trails' here, and I always go with my wife. Summer and winter, lowland and highland, Australia and Europe. Forced into UL gear by heavy packs and increasing age. :-)
Example Gear List at http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/caffins_4_month_gear_list.html

BPL email: roger@backpackinglight.com
CitySydney
StateNSW
CountryAustralia
My Website URLhttp://www.bushwalking.org.au/FAQ/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Roger Caffin

Showing 7501 - 7510 of 10064 | Page: 1 ...742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 ...1007

Forum » Thread

Re: Neo Air vs Ether Thermo 6
> Wait for Gen II. Of any product. In the software world that is written as 'Never buy V1.0 .' :-) Cheers

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Neo Air vs Ether Thermo 6
March 12, 10:00pm

Re: New quilt almost done but .....
> My new quilt is 99.9% complete but .... HOW are you sealing the neck area? Um - I don't understand. This is a quilt, not a sleeping bag, right? Imho, you don't seal the neck are...

In Make Your Own Gear » New quilt almost done but .....
March 12, 9:53pm

Re: Fat/Protein morning or night
> I do very poorly with very much fat and protein during the day. This is especially true > above 10,000 feet elevation, Yeah, burning fats at altitude is often just not possible. The hi...

In GEAR » Light Food
March 12, 6:04pm

Re: Re: Grand Cayon
Hi Liz Good to hear! Lovely photo too. Cheers

In Editor's Roundtable » Grand Canyon Rim-2-Rim-2-Rim
March 12, 5:55pm

Re: Neo Air vs Ether Thermo 6
A detailed review of the NeoAir is coming soon. Always wise to read the BPL reviews before buying. Cheers

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Neo Air vs Ether Thermo 6
March 12, 5:52pm

Re: Fenix LD01 - Noise?
IF the Fenix has a switched mode power supply inside for the regulation, then what you are hearing is probably coming from the ferrite inductor. It is called magneto-striction, and is well known. I...

In GEAR » Fenix LD01 - Noise?
March 12, 5:35pm

Re: Vargo Jet-Ti Titanium Stove
While my favourite stove is the older Snow Peak GST-100, I do sometimes take the Vargo Jet-Ti instead. I have never had any stability problems with it. Cheers

In GEAR » Vargo Jet-Ti Titanium Stove
March 12, 3:55pm

re the pole cover
Hi Doug Well, I have looked at all the pics I could find (easily) to understand this pole cover thingy, and all I can conclude is that if TN had made the pole sleeve and guy rope anchors properl...

In Editor's Roundtable » Terra Nova Laser Competition Review
March 12, 3:10am

Re: Re: SEAM GRIP "Thinner"
Hi Greg I am guessing wildly here, but ... I think the dibutylbis stannane is a tin salt, and I know tin salts are accelerators for some polymer curing actions. That would make the methyl ...

In GEAR » AQUA SEAL vs SEAM GRIP
March 11, 9:56pm

Re: Re: Light Food
Hi Tom More or less. I normally put almost all the fat and protein in the evening. Home-made heavy muesli for breakfast! Cheers

In GEAR » Light Food
March 11, 9:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Roger Caffin

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Skinny Skis, Jacksons Hole XC Skis
My wife and I had to re-equip with new XC skis, NNN-BC bindings and boots this year. We found several companies which could supply the models we were looking for and ship overseas (to Australia), and ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 28, 3:08pm

Darn Tough Vermont Socks Customer Service
I got a pair of the DTV boot socks in a BGT Test. I gave them hell for four months. It didn't seem to have had any effect on them. Roland B is a very helpful guy too.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
May 06, 3:53am

Coleman Exponent Xtreme Stove
I have been using the Xtreme in the snow for many years. I have never ever had any problems with it. It lights and runs completely reliably. It will run down to -26 C (-15 F) because the gas mix in t...

In Stoves - White Gas
October 24, 4:17pm

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
I've used mine for ... many years now. I was initially irritated by the valve off position, but then I wondered: It is otherwise superbly made: what if the valve position is deliberate? Why would th...

In Stoves - Canister
December 29, 10:04pm