BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 751 - 760 of 1060 | Page: 1 ...67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ...106

Forum » Thread

Jacket Suggestion
Both are good jackets but it depends on how you expect to use them. I currently own the Thermawrap and I use it for hiking on cold days but I find it a bit light on insulation for sitting arou...

In GEAR » Jacket Suggestion
November 17, 8:35pm

Water Filter Failure
>>The stream I am drinking from will NOT cause illness in healthy humans (children included).<< -1 ... but HYOH (and I hope the otters, beavers, deer, geese, dogs and other backp...

In GEAR » Water Filter Failure
November 17, 8:16pm

Water Filter Failure
Keith - I can't find the orginal page that had the table (it was quite a while back) but I do have the following link that that also indicates that .02 microns isn't going to get all the...

November 16, 7:22pm

Contaminated water sources...
I think a common misconception is that a water source is either good or bad. From everything that I've read and from personal experience, it's more likely that you will find small even...

November 15, 11:10am

Water Filter Failure
Keith - Unless the filter contains an iodine treatment internal to the filter (some do) then the .02 micron filter won't get all viruses. I borrowed this chart from a web page somewhere but...

November 14, 10:04pm

Steripen
>>...cypto is not considered a common protozoa in N. America.<< Dan - Don't put too much faith in what the manufacturer of a product says on their product insert (or website)...

In GEAR » Steripen
November 11, 5:38pm

Steripen
Ken - >> You can get little charcoal filters that fit inside a large mouth Nalgene to go along with, to handle funky flavors.<< Where can I get one of these?

In GEAR » Steripen
November 11, 10:45am

Steripen...
Dan - Protozoa are not uncommon in North America. Even MEC has an article that mentions it David - >>I carry a 2L evernew and a 700 ml drinking bottle strapped to my pack<< ...

In GEAR » Steripen
November 11, 1:46am

Bear avoidance & cooking
Mark - I think you are simply mitigating risk and in my mind that's a good thing. I do not eat in my tent but I do eat a few hundred yards from my tent. I don't change my clothes aft...

In Philosophy & Technique » bear avoidance & cooking
November 10, 12:48am

Montbell Peak Shell
The Peak Shell is a really nice, full featured jacket that has really done the job for me in some driving rains. Great hood, stays in place (great when I'm fishing) and the pitzips make it b...

In GEAR » Montbell Peak Shell
November 07, 12:51am

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm