BPL Community Profile

Ryan Faulkner (ryanf) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid atlantic, No. Cal
About Me My name is Ryan Faulkner, i am 17 years old, and have been UL backpacking for about 7 years. I have been inspired by hikers like Andrew Skurka, and Ryan Jordan, and have dedicated my trips to going light and fast.
I plan on hiking the PCT and AT before finishing college, and after I hope to get some sort of a career in the backpacking industry.(I havent quite figured out how exactly, but i will :)
I have some big plans for the future, but ill keep those quiet for now ;-P
StateVirginia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.ryanfaulknerphotography.com
My PDF Gear ListWinds-Yellowstone Trek 2008

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 751 - 760 of 916 | Page: 1 ...67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ...92

Forum » Thread

Re: rigging up siamese poncho tarps?
I have two golite poncho tarps and tommorow I`ll figure it out and post some pictures :-) but if you want to see a profesional set up download 2003-08 Uintas in this link and the last few photos...

In GEAR » rigging up siamese poncho tarps?
November 09, 6:57pm

Re: Bill's SUL Gear List
I can sew and have done it before, but do not have a machine. I want to get one, and when I do, I will try some of the things you have done. I would like to make my own gear because if I dont I wil...

In Gear Lists » Bill's SUL Gear List
November 09, 5:45pm

Re: Re: Bill's SUL Gear List
the things I am recomending are to lower your weight of the gear list at the head of this forum. have you changed your mind about any thing on it, any thing I have recomended? what is your most ...

November 09, 4:39pm

Bill, will you sleep in a hammock or on the ground forr your thru hike? I like this tarp set up because it is easy and only need 5 feet of guy lines( less weight)

November 09, 4:32pm

Bill what do you think about the tarp, sleeping bag, and first aid suggetions I posted? Hyper light sound good to me, whatever you say. HPL???

November 09, 3:12pm

delta
too many Re:s so I thought I would just reset the header :-)>

In GEAR » Micro Puff Jacket vs.U.L.Thermawrap Parka
November 09, 2:56pm

ultralight cook kit
It takes me 1oz to boil as well but I usually only use 1/2oz because it is enough to heat the water to warm a deydrated meal. these kinds of pots do improve feul efficiency because of the thin m...

In GEAR » ultralight cook kit
November 09, 2:41pm

SUL XUL ???
just a comment, sub 5lb gear loads hve been dubbed super ultralight. and sub 4 has been named extreme ultralight by Glen Van Peski. but what Bill has done has set a new standard. any suggestion...

November 09, 2:33pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: ultralight cook kit
here is a picture of my home made pot and home made stove (elite design) here is my lighter, stove, and spork at the bottom of the pot if you roll the wind screen around the bottl...

November 09, 2:10pm

Re: Re: Re: ultralight cook kit
Its been a wile since I looked at this thread, but I found out how to post pictures so I thought I should post some of my cook kits P.S. I have been using this cook kit for about 4 months now wi...

November 09, 1:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
I am so glad I found this website, before this site I was carrying a 30-40lb pack, after reading the articles I got my list under 10, and after joining the forums, well carrying less than 4 pounds is ...

In Books and Media
December 31, 10:20pm

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
Good thought. I bring this stove whenever I need to simmer, one disadvantage of alcohol stoves. I like it much, much, much better than the MSR pocket rocket, the 4 titanium stands are much more ...

In Stoves - Canister
December 30, 1:25pm

ThermoJet MicroLite
I did not buy this stove, in fact, I have never bought a alcohol stove, but have many of the MBD stoves and tonight added this wonder to my collection. I actually

In Stoves - Alcohol
December 09, 9:56pm

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
I did not purchase a pocket puck from mini bull design, but from looking at pictures and from expeience from making other stoves I made my own flattened side burner stove. I like the overall design, w...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 06, 1:16pm