Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 7451 - 7460 of 7598 | Page: 1 ...737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 ...760

Forum » Thread

Make your own UL notebook
The only Rite In The Rain notebook I have found locally weighs 3+ ounces (do see the 0.7 ones available here). I took 8 pages of 8.5"x11" printing paper, cut them in half, folded that batch in half...

In Make Your Own Gear » Make your own UL notebook
March 15, 1:36am

Re: Re: Clothing list
You're right on the Marmot windshirt. I left the Gatewood Cape Shelter (11oz.) off the list, which is my primary rain gear. I could add Precip rain pants (8.3oz.) to the fray. The Marmot DriCli...

In Gear Lists » Clothing list
March 14, 11:55pm

Re: UL insulated cup
I haven't been able to crack 6oz for an insulated mug with a lid. I found some old Rubbermaid ones that are about as good as it gets and the capacity is nothing to brag about. You can get 12oz or b...

In GEAR » UL insulated cup
March 14, 3:16pm

Re: Golite Lair 1 versus Cave 1
Let me complicate things for you--- consider the Hut1 as well-- easy to pitch and you can button it down tight, or you can pitch it higher for more ventilation. Lots of room for one, okay for two, ...

In GEAR » Golite Lair 1 versus Cave 1
March 14, 1:06pm

Clothing list
This is a sample clothing list I am working with. Emphasis is for spring/fall under 5000' in the Washington Cascades: generally 40F and wet with possible light snow and night temperatures below fre...

In Gear Lists » Clothing list
March 14, 10:34am

Re: Re: Re: Re: fording rivers..crossing creeks
I made it by Payless Shoe Source to check out the Airwalk clogs (Crocs knock-offs) and fisherman sandals. They are certainly worth the price -- $14.99 for the clogs and $17.99 for the sandals. I di...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » fording rivers..crossing creeks
March 12, 5:07pm

Re: What kind of stove do YOU use for lightweight backpacking?
I have a Coleman F1 canister stove and a Trangia alcohol burner. I use the cannister stove when camping with a group and we need to turn out more hot water. Everyone gets to haul some fuel that...

In Editor's Roundtable » What kind of stove do YOU use for lightweight backpacking?
March 11, 10:18pm

Re: A Cheap, lightweight Storage solution for liquids
I got some 1/4oz bottles on Ebay that I like. (see http://stores.ebay.com/Accessories-For-Fragrances for examples-- I haven't bought from this seller) They have a plain open screw top and I fill th...

In Make Your Own Gear » A Cheap, lightweight Storage solution for liquids
March 10, 1:19pm

Re: Re: Re: S.O.S.--The "Sharp Object Sheath"
Take a plain square of Tyvek and lay it on the diagonal-- like a diamond. Put the stakes in the middle, tuck one end up and roll it up a like a burrito. Fold the top over and put a rubber band arou...

In Make Your Own Gear » S.O.S.--The "Sharp Object Sheath"
March 09, 2:57pm

Re: Re: Re: When Did You Begin UL?
Henry David Thoreau published Walden in 1854-- talk about less-is-more philosophy. I did some miserable overnight hiking in Boy Scouts in the 1960's, committing all the outdoor sins. Things imp...

In Philosophy & Technique » When Did You Begin UL?
March 09, 2:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.