Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 7451 - 7460 of 8034 | Page: 1 ...737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 ...804

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Arctic 1000 completed---Controversy?
"'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." —Alfred Tennyson Glad you got home okay. I hate that "can I please rewind ten seconds" feeling when you have an unforseen ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Roman finishes Arctic 1000 alone!
July 19, 8:31am

Re: Re: mini bic source?
The discount drug stores like Walgreens, Rite Aid, Longs (pick one for your region) usually have them. Here's a question: which lighter type is more reliable/weather proof-- piezoelectric or fl...

In GEAR » Best butane lighter?
July 19, 8:20am

Re: What type of water holster?
My solution was to use a fanny pack with water bottle holsters on each side. The whole idea falls apart-- you might as well have a larger, heavier pack. It does move the heavier junk out of the sho...

In GEAR » A new pack/stuff sack
July 18, 8:55pm

Re: Re: Etowah Town Bag at MountainGearNow.com
"No direct experience, but the LuxuryLite SakPak seems pretty comparable but cheaper : 3oz @ $9" Good point! The Etowah is smaller-- not as wide as the LuxuryLite and makes a better ditty bag...

July 18, 11:55am

Re: Etowah Town Bag at MountainGearNow.com
Thanks-- I've wanted to recommend the bag, but without a web prescence that was difficult. The price is good too. The bag comes with an elastic drawstring that I didn't care for so I changed it ...

July 18, 7:38am

Re: Agree with post, what to do
I know an old WWII veteran who made these little things that looked like a toy jack-- the kind you play "jacks" with. But the points were all knife sharp and no matter which way it landed, it would...

In Philosophy & Technique » Wilderness De-Engagement: Soul Decay in the Outdoor Industry
July 17, 6:06pm

Womans multi-day pack?
I have a co-worker looking for a decent multi-day pack (3000CI?) designed for a woman. She's tall and thin and has enough back issues (car wreck) that she should have a very light internal frame. A...

In Gear Swap » Womans multi-day pack?
July 17, 4:06pm

Re: Another great knife idea
You can get Opinel (note the spelling) knives in all kinds of sizes and blade styles too. There is a tiny one that is 1-5/8" closed. http://premiumknives.com/ShopSite/PK_cl_Opinel_OP2_Opinel.html

In Make Your Own Gear » useful knife
July 17, 3:22pm

Apples and apples comparison
I was playing "what if" with sleeping pads and saw the Insulmat Uber Micro pad, advertized at 3oz. When I took a closer look, I saw that the Insulmat is a lot smaller than my usual RidgeRest short ...

In GEAR » Apples and apples comparison
July 17, 3:16pm

Re: Fuel Tool
I Saw that Brunton tool while surfing. It struck me as another way to use partially filled fuel cans. The one I saw was $14, which I thought was a little steep.

In GEAR » Best butane lighter?
July 17, 2:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.