BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 7451 - 7460 of 7526 | Page: 1 ...734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753

Forum » Thread

Re: Now that is a Wearabel Sleeping Bag
All that is missing is an umbrella and a bungee cord to hang it from a tree. I didn't see a weight-- whaddya think, 6 or 7 pounds? The bears should love it :) "Hey, Yogi, peel it before you ...

In GEAR » Now that is a Wearabel Sleeping Bag
February 07, 8:52pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Tiny day pack
How about a big mesh bag with a shoulder strap to hold your stuff sacks or a garbage bag? I'll bet I could macrame one.

In GEAR » Tiny day pack
February 07, 8:46pm

Re: Tiny day pack
I have a Columbia Bugaboo day pack very similar to this one. I'll have to dig it out and get the specs. I picked it up at a garage sale for $1--- love that utility to price ratio. With base wei...

In GEAR » Tiny day pack
February 07, 11:41am

FS or trade: clothing
I did some closet cleaning this weekend: The North Face Gore-Tex hooded pull over, men's meadium. Older very retro model with bright green, black and blue panels. Handwarmer pockets pass through...

In Gear Swap » FS or trade: clothing
February 06, 11:05pm

I seen a saw!
I found a Stanley SL14 pocket saw for $5: 4-1/4" long folded and 2.8 oz. Looks like an Old Timer pocket knife until you open it up. http://us.st11.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/wj-enterprises_1882_843...

In GEAR » Lightweight chopping hatchet
February 06, 9:42pm

Fresh air!
Nice to get a little fresh air! I was tickled to see the comment: "My breathable-nylon shelled and fleece-lined circa 1984 Patagonia shelled Synchilla jacket is still four ounces lighter, warmer, a...

In Editor's Roundtable » State of the Market for Backpacking Gear: Innovation, Broken Promises, and Hope
February 06, 9:10pm

Re: ultimate alpine scale
Looks great for total pack weight or larger items. I would want a smaller minimum weight and better resolution for direct comparison of competing products. You have several large items in your pack...

In GEAR » ultimate alpine scale
February 04, 9:20am

Bismark's comments
Glenn Roberts wrote: "At the risk of being irreverent, Dale's post (which I like very much) reminds me of a remark allegedly made by Otto von Bismarck: "People who like sausage and respect the law ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Schooled By An Industrialist
February 01, 2:06pm

Who are you in bed with?
I was thinking of the Shania Twain song, "Who's bed have your shoes been under?" I've written before about the paradox of the outdoor recreation equipment industry using materials made by some o...

In Editor's Roundtable » Schooled By An Industrialist
January 31, 2:12pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Six Moons Gatewood Cape Shelter
I'm in Seattle, so I understand about the rain. Not only is it sloppy to hike in, but it also has raised the river levels and it is damaging the trails. I don't think anything has been truly dry si...

In GEAR » Six Moons Gatewood Cape Shelter
January 30, 9:40am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.