November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 7451 - 7460 of 8346 | Page: 1 ...737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 ...835

Forum » Thread

Re: Sarah, one more for your list, manpris
Brett said "The male version of capris. I just dont get it; unless you are climbing at the crag and want to see your feet...." They were developed for post-Katrina New Orleans, along w...

March 02, 7:54am

Re: Re: Einstein, the pen?

In GEAR » Ultralight knives and multi tools?
March 02, 7:36am

Prostrate to the altar of want
Grasshopper, Wisdom is knowing the difference between what you want and what you need. :) I've talked about my concept of hypermaterialism before. The idea is that each item we choose to ...

March 01, 11:31pm

Re: Wind Shirt vs. Softshell
I think soft shells are great for day hikes or skiing-- single purpose or short term events where you have a reasonable expectation of the weather. They are great for commuting and they look good t...

In GEAR » Wind Shirt vs. Softshell
March 01, 7:00pm

Re: Re: Paracord survival bracelet
I really don't like stuff around my neck that won't break easily, but a belt would work just fine. I just made a 10" grab handle for a messenger bag using the same knots and snap swive...

In Make Your Own Gear » Paracord survival bracelet
March 01, 6:33pm

Re: Benchmade Knife Company
Matthew Smedley (BenchmadePR) said: "I am the Public Relations person for Benchmade Knife Company. As a backpacker myself I stumbled upon this forum and wanted to throw in my two cents.&quo...

March 01, 11:39am

Re: Re: Tyvek Tarp
You can buy the lighter, more flexible, and quieter version of Tyvek from kite parts suppliers. You can save a lot of freight if you tell them they can fold it. Kite makers want it wrinkle-free and...

In Make Your Own Gear » Tyvek Tarp
February 28, 11:34am

Re: What are your "Big 4" items?
Yup, my shelter moved down the list, but not off the Big 4, unless we include trekking poles. I include some hardware with the shelter-- it is useless without groundcloth and stakes. Shoes: Vas...

In GEAR » What are your "Big 4" items?
February 28, 11:03am

Re: Tyvek Tarp
It will make a great ground cloth. I would be more worried about the tie-down areas ripping in windy conditions than twigs falling on it. As Sam said, it is noisy stuff.

In Make Your Own Gear » Tyvek Tarp
February 28, 9:42am

Re: Buck minitool
John Shannon wrote: "....Wayne mentions a fatality and what could be done. It seems a sharp knife in a water emergency could be dangerous just as with kayaking. I think EMT shears are under...

February 28, 8:57am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.