BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 7451 - 7460 of 7528 | Page: 1 ...734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: UL pillow
Yeaahhhhh! I'm using an Army surplus MASH inflatable pillow now, which works well but it weighs 6oz. more than these little disposables, so I'm going to give them a try. The MASH pillow is a ne...

In GEAR » FlexAir UL Pillow
February 08, 1:53pm

Re: Re: UL pillow
Yeaahhhhh! I'm using an Army surplus MASH inflatable pillow now, which works well but it weighs 6oz. more than these little disposables, so I'm going to give them a try. The MASH pillow is a ne...

In GEAR » FlexAir UL Pillow
February 08, 1:37pm

Re: Now that is a Wearabel Sleeping Bag
All that is missing is an umbrella and a bungee cord to hang it from a tree. I didn't see a weight-- whaddya think, 6 or 7 pounds? The bears should love it :) "Hey, Yogi, peel it before you ...

In GEAR » Now that is a Wearabel Sleeping Bag
February 07, 8:52pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Tiny day pack
How about a big mesh bag with a shoulder strap to hold your stuff sacks or a garbage bag? I'll bet I could macrame one.

In GEAR » Tiny day pack
February 07, 8:46pm

Re: Tiny day pack
I have a Columbia Bugaboo day pack very similar to this one. I'll have to dig it out and get the specs. I picked it up at a garage sale for $1--- love that utility to price ratio. With base wei...

In GEAR » Tiny day pack
February 07, 11:41am

FS or trade: clothing
I did some closet cleaning this weekend: The North Face Gore-Tex hooded pull over, men's meadium. Older very retro model with bright green, black and blue panels. Handwarmer pockets pass through...

In Gear Swap » FS or trade: clothing
February 06, 11:05pm

I seen a saw!
I found a Stanley SL14 pocket saw for $5: 4-1/4" long folded and 2.8 oz. Looks like an Old Timer pocket knife until you open it up. http://us.st11.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/wj-enterprises_1882_843...

In GEAR » Lightweight chopping hatchet
February 06, 9:42pm

Fresh air!
Nice to get a little fresh air! I was tickled to see the comment: "My breathable-nylon shelled and fleece-lined circa 1984 Patagonia shelled Synchilla jacket is still four ounces lighter, warmer, a...

In Editor's Roundtable » State of the Market for Backpacking Gear: Innovation, Broken Promises, and Hope
February 06, 9:10pm

Re: ultimate alpine scale
Looks great for total pack weight or larger items. I would want a smaller minimum weight and better resolution for direct comparison of competing products. You have several large items in your pack...

In GEAR » ultimate alpine scale
February 04, 9:20am

Bismark's comments
Glenn Roberts wrote: "At the risk of being irreverent, Dale's post (which I like very much) reminds me of a remark allegedly made by Otto von Bismarck: "People who like sausage and respect the law ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Schooled By An Industrialist
February 01, 2:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.