Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 7451 - 7460 of 7772 | Page: 1 ...737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 ...778

Forum » Thread

Re: Arm chaps?
I guess you could buy a cheap plastic rain coat and cut the sleeves off to suit. Hows that for quick and dirty? A long pair of rubber gloves? I once saw a guy riding his bike with dishwashing gl...

In GEAR » Advice from experienced poncho tarp users
May 08, 1:18pm

Re: Sounds like a poncho is not for me
Petra wrote: "I have the BMW bivy so that's not a problem. But I would be freezing if it was below 50, a strong wind was blowing and it was raining with just a windshirt over a base layer!" That...

May 08, 10:18am

Re: Re: Re: wind shorts and ponchos
I checked on Montane's Web site (smack, drooooool) and both jackets are made of Pertex Microlight. The "Enhanced Breathing Panels" in the Lite-Speed model are something they call Peaq Air--- I woul...

May 08, 12:13am

Re: trenches
Good idea, or a few flat stones to jack it up a bit. Seems that trenches would be great if it was really blowing. Oh, duh-- just went back and read your web page with the section on risers immed...

In Make Your Own Gear » Punching a Ti windscreen
May 07, 9:06pm

Re: Re: Re: Advice from experienced poncho tarp users
Vick wrote: "...And in screaming nasty weather, a good bivy is a nice extra with any tarp, although I agree that a properly handled 8x10 shouldn't require a bivy...." That's why I use closed tar...

May 07, 8:58pm

Re: wind shorts and ponchos
Antonio wrote: "I remember the arms of my wind shirt (Montane Featherlite) wetting out pretty quickly under my poncho with temps in the 40's and moderate precipitation...." I'm not familiar with...

May 07, 8:45pm

Re: Advice from experienced poncho tarp users
Vick said: "I've found that ponchos make good shelters - although, as you point out, a bivy is handy - as it with any smaller tarp ...." I guess that's why there's more than one kind of shelter ...

May 07, 7:23pm

Re: My gear
Hehehe--- darn right I don't. And I'm warm, dry, have hot food, coffee, a decent first aid kit, and I sleep comfortably. Yawwwwwwwwwwn. Save the suffering for the masochists-- I'm gonna have a g...

In Philosophy & Technique » Tell me about Backpacks
May 07, 3:49pm

Re: Advice from experienced poncho tarp users
Two thumbs up on the Gatewood Cape. It will provide much better weather protection as a shelter and works fine as rain gear. Pros and cons on poncho-style rain gear: Pros: *Good ventilation ...

May 07, 12:50pm

Re: Re: Punching a Ti windscreen
Or just cut the metal in a short straight line and bend the corners back to make a triangle, giving a nice finished edge-- with the weight of the metal left in place vs. cutting it away.

In Make Your Own Gear » Punching a Ti windscreen
May 06, 5:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.