Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 7451 - 7460 of 7664 | Page: 1 ...737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 ...767

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: windshirt - good value for 4oz???
Miguel wrote: "I like the word "windshirt" because it closer describes how the garment works. It allows you to get past the assumption of what a "jacket" is supposed to be." Yes, the name does h...

In GEAR » Windshirts
March 30, 7:11am

Windshirts
To carry over from another thread, I got a Montane Lite-Speed windshirt on Ebay and it arrived today. It is what I expected: fairy-light cloth, spare on details that would add weight, a Spartan ...

In GEAR » Windshirts
March 29, 8:18pm

Re: Gatewood Cape - Designers Perspective
Ron, you solved a big problem with poncho tarp tents with the harness. One thing about the current design is that it is field repairable or even replaceable with some light line, which I carry for ...

In Photo Gallery » Gatewood Cape photos
March 29, 4:32pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Cheap pants
Jason, he say :"I'd strongly second the nylon running pants for summer hiking.... Polyester is much better. Actually the ProSpirit stuff that Target has can be very good-- it does vary. Some of ...

In Gear Deals » Montane gear on Ebay
March 29, 4:17pm

Re: Re: Montane Sizes
Athetic cut being the operative words. I'm cut more like a bowling pin than an Oscar :) I do want some layering ability too and I find that a little more room helps breathability a lot. I get...

March 29, 1:56pm

Re: Re: Gatewood Cape photos
I sealed mine from the outside with silicone seam sealer. It isn't pretty, but it's waterproof and the sealer adds some strength to the seams around the arm slits. I sealed all the seams and the bl...

In Photo Gallery » Gatewood Cape photos
March 29, 11:09am

Re: Re: Re: Re: 5 minute, 1.6 oz pillow
Or put a couple pillows inside a stuff sack....

In Make Your Own Gear » 5 minute, 1.6 oz pillow
March 29, 10:52am

Re: Ursack Aluminum liner. Titanium replacement needed.
I wonder if anyone has tried a spikey container. Mother nature uses sharp spines to protect seeds from predation. An open mesh container with sharp projections could be really light and a thin plas...

In GEAR » Ursack Aluminum liner. Titanium replacement needed.
March 29, 10:48am

Re: Re: Montane Litespeed
Make sure you email him, as he had more than what was on the auctions. I upped the size on the one I bid on as I had read the Montane's run small compared to US sizes (hope that's right). He's slo...

March 29, 7:34am

Re: Re: ~20F Sleeping bags
Let's try this again. This was so tedious that a root canal started to sound good :) Brand...........…..Model........…….Temp rating...Weight, oz…..Fill material….......Price.....……Ve...

In GEAR » ~20F Sleeping bags
March 28, 11:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.