Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 7451 - 7460 of 7916 | Page: 1 ...737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 ...792

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Sleeping bags
No, it's the standard model.

In Gear Swap » Sleeping bags
June 12, 2:44pm

Re: Nemo inflatable AR tent?
I think this would be a great idea for a bivy. You could carry a small CO2 cylinder for inflation on short trips.

In GEAR » Nemo inflatable AR tent?
June 12, 1:18am

Remove "dead" posts?
There are two posts at the head of the gear swap forum that must have had some programming errors. Can they be removed? Thanks, Dale

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Remove "dead" posts?
June 11, 11:15pm

Sleeping bags SOLD
Sale pending. Thanks for your inquiries. 2 bags, both like new, stored loose: Lafuma 800 Extreme rated 40F, Thermolite Extreme fill, 28oz pack weight, includes stuff sack. $35 + $9.00 Priorit...

In Gear Swap » Sleeping bags
June 11, 11:08pm

Re: Re: Best powdered milk?
I remember reading Colin Fletcher's The Complete Walker where he mentioned using powered milk mixed directly into his tea. He carried some sort of ketchup picnic squeeze bottle for a dispenser if I...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Best powdered milk?
June 11, 10:33pm

Re: Love at first sight
[Elmer Fudd voice] I wike my twekking poles wery much! Black Diamond Approach in my case.

In GEAR » Love at first sight
June 11, 10:20pm

Re: What about windscreens mounted ABOVE canister?
Joshua Mitchell made a windscreen for a cannister stove from a Snow Peak Ti bowl which was mentioned in the forums here. He did a nice bit of backyard machine work too. Here is the link to his p...

In Editor's Roundtable » Windscreen Dynamics and Design
June 09, 11:04am

Re: Re: More Esbit can stove stuff
Good tip. I was reading about making pop can alcohol stoves and a Dremel tool was used by one builder. I have a Dremel and I can use your technique to retain the top seam for reinforcement and grin...

In GEAR » Beercan stove performance?
June 09, 6:27am

Re: adding a pocket to a t-shirt (neophyte sewing question)
They do such things with biking shirts, except on the back. A trip to the bike store might give you some ideas. I would just go for a little fanny pack-- you can wear it in back, one side, or t...

In Make Your Own Gear » adding a pocket to a t-shirt (neophyte sewing question)
June 09, 12:22am

Re: Re: sunny
"Jeff...may I ask how old you are??" I guess you did work with kids! I'm 52 and the thought crossed my mind too(of slapping him) -- I guess age mellows expressing such things, however much the t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Solo or No Go
June 08, 1:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.