BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 7451 - 7460 of 7483 | Page: 1 ...730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749

Forum » Thread

Break-away lanyard
Get some small diameter (1/8") vinyl tubing and find a cold-roll pin that jam fits inside. For a really nice one, find needle bearings (used in transmissions) that jam fits inside the tubing. Y...

In Multiple Use Gear » Safety Lanyard - Better Ideas??
December 17, 7:04pm

Re: Re: Who uses/hates the umbrella?
I just got a little ShedRain "Flat Featherweight Sport" that is 6.9oz. without the bag (7.4oz. with), 11" long and about 2-1/2" wide stowed, so it's easy to stash in a coat pocket or backpack. It h...

In GEAR » Who uses/hates the umbrella?
December 17, 6:23pm

Re: The lightest shoe out there
Re: Nike Mayfly Interesting shoe -- all Tyvek! My guess is they dry pretty fast too. I came across a listing at Road Runner Sports and they are $45-$50 a pair. Amazing. See the caveats in the...

In GEAR » Lightweight sandals
December 17, 12:54pm

Re: $7.00 digital scales on Sale
You can get inexpensive digital scales that go up to 35 pounds, so the only misgiving I would have is the 3kg/6.6lb. limit. They all have small decks, so a little imagination helps. I have a sm...

In Gear Deals » $7.00 digital scales on Sale
December 17, 11:56am

Re: Racing Flats
That is light! That model is discontinued, but shoe models change often, so little surprise there. I went Web surfing looking at running flats strictly by weight, and found Nike Zoom Streak XC shoe...

In GEAR » Lightweight sandals
December 17, 11:36am

Horsies on the trails
Leave rubber snakes on the trail :)

In Chaff » Do you hate horses too?
December 16, 11:42am

Re: alcohol storage in Lil'Nipper
Vick is probably carrying moonshine :) Keeps more than the stove "lit". Hey-- I never thought about alcohol lamps-- dead simple and since we're already carrying the fuel.... hmmmmm

In GEAR » Platypus for alcohol fuel
December 15, 7:22pm

Re: Shoes
I like the Vasque Velocity trail runners and they have a Gore-Tex version too: http://www.vasque.com/products/m-velocitygtxxcr.cfm Really a nice blend of weight/traction/cost, but they are low-t...

In GEAR » Shoes
December 15, 2:00pm

Re: Platypus for alcohol fuel
I went wandering through MSDS information I could find on several brands of denatured alcohol and found several additives that might attack the plastic. One brand even had a trace amount of gasolin...

In GEAR » Platypus for alcohol fuel
December 14, 1:30pm

Re: Re: or get a vest
I was thinking of bright orange surveyor's tape. The mesh vest would be easy and you could use it for walking and bike riding at home too.

In GEAR » spraypainting raingear
December 14, 1:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.