Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 7451 - 7460 of 8135 | Page: 1 ...737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 ...814

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sleeping with food
"why a black bag?" The nose gets them close and the eyes take over from there. Bears don't have great eyesight but they aren't blind. They might smell my food stash, but they still have to figur...

In Philosophy & Technique » Sleeping with food
September 07, 7:40am

Re: Source hydration products
I found their Web site: http://www.source-vagabond.com/store-allproducts.html Kelty also uses their bladders and hoses for their haydration packs.

In GEAR » cheap light bowl
September 06, 10:11pm

Re: WTB: Used Black Diamond Lightsabre Bivy
For a budget, I would go for the SMD Gatewood Cape or a GoLite Hut 1. Both offer 360 degree weather coverage and much more room than a bivy. Or were you thinking a bivy for snow caves? I do like...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Used Black Diamond Lightsabre Bivy
September 06, 2:05pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sleeping with food
"What about when you're in the middle of nowhere and there's no where to hide? What if you're stopping for lunch? What about a 15 minute nap? What about a 3 hour nap? What if you're above treeline ...

September 06, 1:56pm

Re:
oops

In GEAR » Cargo pocket free zone
September 05, 9:50pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cheapest UL headlamp
"Ear piercing?? Hell I had my arm removed so that I have a negative total FSO weight." So that's what they meant about how to get Crazy Pete out of a tree.... Answer: wave to him!

In Gear Lists » Cheapest UL Gear List Challenge
September 05, 8:11pm

Re: Re: Sleeping with food
"The odor proof bags are quite good when properly used" With such a light, inexpensive product, why not! I am of a mind that any plastic bag is a neon sign that says "EAT HERE" to any habituated...

September 05, 8:02pm

Re: sleeping with food
"I asked the question because I'm not as experienced as many of you. I have never had to deal with bears nor have I done much (non-car) camping in my life prior to this summer." I was trying to ...

September 05, 4:57pm

Re: Re: Re: Looking for a Tailor
With those handy-dandy compression straps, I would just add some accessory pockets. Then you can take 'em or leave 'em as your needs dictate. Check out these Gregory pockets at Campmor: http...

In GEAR » Looking for a Tailor
September 05, 2:21pm

Re: Sleeping with food
Sleeping with food is a great way to get holes chewed in your gear by smaller varmits. A cavalier attitude towards food handling is how the bears in places like Yosemite got used to shopping from b...

September 05, 11:19am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.