Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 7451 - 7460 of 8193 | Page: 1 ...737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 ...820

Forum » Thread

Re: jhaura - thanks!
I got a pair too-- talk about BARGAINS :)

In Gear Deals » Salomon Techamphibian SAC
September 27, 5:30pm

Esbit Stove Idea
I was looking at some aluminum channel today and the light bulb came on-- a channel with a base width of about 2.5"/64mm (approriate to the pot you want to use) and legs the same height as the Esbi...

In Make Your Own Gear » Esbit Stove Idea
September 27, 5:27pm

Re: Anyone use a horn for bears?
Hehehe-- the thought of sneaking up behind a 500 pound carnivor with an air horn.... BLAAAAAAAT. Either you would have one very angry bear, or you would be covered in bear scat--- and then die. I'l...

In GEAR » Anyone use a horn for bears?
September 27, 4:09pm

Re: Camp proximity to Water
A lake or river is almost always my destination, but, as aother have mentioned here, the sites get over-used. Water usually means bugs too. Many heavily used sites are ribboned off limits by the Fo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Camp proximity to Water
September 27, 10:53am

Re: What is in a season?
Western Washington. I'm not a fan of hiking in the snow, but the freezing level can change quickly in the foothills and I would prefer not to become a negative statistic :) Hiking on the coast in t...

In GEAR » Pack size?
September 27, 9:58am

Re: Pack size Update
The GoLite Jam arrived today and it solved the space problem. Here's a lesson in pack size listings: the GoLite web page lists the Dawn as 2500 cubic inches/41 liters and the Jam as 2300 + 450 cubi...

In GEAR » Pack size?
September 26, 11:38pm

GoLite Dawn sold
sold, thanks

In Gear Swap » GoLite Dawn, Large, Blue $50
September 26, 7:53pm

Re: Foldable Blue Foam Sleeping Pad/Pack Support at 5oz.
I just picked up a couple green foam pads (Army surplus stuff?) at a thrift store for 99 cents with the idea of using them to experiment with-- NICE TIMING :) Nice job writing this up for us. Th...

In Make Your Own Gear » Foldable Blue Foam Sleeping Pad/Pack Support at 5oz.
September 26, 1:36pm

Re: Re: Wardrobe modification
"What about a smartwool shadow hoody" I don't do wool. Feels baaaaad :) I could do this easy in the summer! Thanks for the tips.

In GEAR » Pack size?
September 25, 8:19pm

Re: ahh the Dawn
"unfortinitly the silnylon is starting to delaminate around the collar, and the groumet for the drawstring is gone and the fabric is slowly tearing.." Send it back to GoLite. Their customer serv...

In GEAR » Pack size?
September 25, 8:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.