Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 7451 - 7460 of 7878 | Page: 1 ...737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 ...788

Forum » Thread

Re: WalMart SwissGear 2.5 kg Tent
I'll bet there is a pound of steel stakes just to start with.

In GEAR » walmart
May 31, 1:29pm

Re: Red Green? Please....
Red is a pantywaist. I'd rather be associated with MacGyver :)

In GEAR » Wide Brim or Ball Cap? (fixed)
May 30, 8:16pm

Re: Re: Re: Reinforcing hat brims
"Dale, thanks for that tip about the monofilament. I slipped a couple pieces of .065 line into my hat brim and it works great. Cost,nothing; skill level needed; none; time, a few minutes." I hav...

May 30, 7:12pm

Re: Shower caps
If you are looking for a rain cover for a sun hat, they do make rain covers for cowboy hats and uniform hats.

May 30, 7:10pm

Re: sewing machine
One of my co-workers needed an industrial-strength machine and was able to rent one. If you had just one project or wanted to try things out, it seemed to be a reasonable way to go. I imagine most ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Beginner DIY-er: Considerations of Feasability, Cost
May 30, 5:02pm

Re: where to buy a platypus lil nipper?
I have new one in the package I don't want. Email me at dwambaugh atatatat yahoo.com.

In GEAR » where to buy a platypus lil nipper?
May 30, 4:57pm

Re: Re: walmart
The tent on the WalMart site is marketed by SwissGear and I'm sure the only thing that is remotely Swiss about their gear is the holes, and that ain't no cheese :) http://www.walmart.com/catalog/p...

In GEAR » walmart
May 30, 2:10pm

Re: Wentzel undt WalMart
I looked that WalMart listing and they show 2.5 pounds shipping weight and the Wentzel is listed on other sites as 4 pounds shipping weight. There's little doubt they are the same tent and I'd put ...

In GEAR » walmart
May 30, 12:10pm

Re: Re: Swiss Military Stove
I bought it to study. It seems the same could be done with some sheet metal and a couple rivets. One tent stake could go through the middle to support a non-tapered pot/cup. It appears that it ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Swiss Military Stove
May 30, 7:35am

Swiss Military Stove
Or should I have said Swiss Army Stove? Anyway, I found this thing on EBay and bought one. It was cheap and looked like an interesting design to work with for an Esbit or alcohol stove.

In Make Your Own Gear » Swiss Military Stove
May 29, 7:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.