Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

spelt with a t (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SW/C PA
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt with a t

Showing 741 - 750 of 1395 | Page: 1 ...66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ...140

Forum » Thread

Re: backcountry insomnia
My two standbys are beta blockers and a bandanna over my eyes. Benadryl works but leaves me feeling groggy if I try to wake up early.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » backcountry insomnia
March 08, 9:43am

Re: Winter Backpacking in RMNP
Looks like fun. I should go on one of those trips (exactly what Skurka wants to hear, I'm sure!). The Rockies are a whole different ballgame from the sort of skiing I'm used to.

In Post-Trip Reports » Winter Backpacking in RMNP
March 07, 1:19pm

Several questions about packraft mods
I've made my major gear purchase for the year (packraft woooo!), and now I need to make some mods. I have questions for those of you with experience: 1. Adding velcro to the spray skirt Do ...

In Packrafting » Several questions about packraft mods
March 06, 1:20pm

Stellar
That's a great report. The wisdom of Spongebob goes too often unappreciated.

In Post-Trip Reports » SpongeBob Zen: Joshua Tree CRHT, 3/2/2013
March 04, 8:18pm

Guidelines for buying gear
I'm still at the point where I'm sussing out exactly what I want and need from a kit, so I own far more than I'm comfortable with. I research obsessively, buy on sale or swap, keep a bu...

In Philosophy & Technique » What are your guidelines for buying gear?
March 04, 7:26pm

Re: Re: How to plan your own route for a long distance hike
+1 Anna

In Pre-Trip Planning » How to plan your own route for a long distance hike
March 04, 4:04pm

Re: No spoon?
There is no spoon.

In Gear Lists » Feedback on my Gear?
March 04, 1:36pm

Re: Re: Sleep system
Interesting so far that no one's had more than two. I wonder if a 20 and a 40 degree together would really get me down to 0. If I don't sleep I'm a wreck, so I'd prefer to err on th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Complete range of sleep setup, aka the quilt quiver
March 03, 11:15am

Re: Pack Less be More BPL blog
I have been checking it semi-weekly and just did so this morning, actually. It seems like a failed/forgotten venture. The posts that are there aren't really tied together. There needed to be a ...

In Chaff » Pack Less be More BPL blog
March 03, 9:17am

Re: Re: Complete range of sleep setup, aka the quilt quiver
I admire your minimalism, honestly. I've been slowly changing my life to be able to live with fewer possessions. But I like to ski and hike in winter and that requires a dedicated cold weather...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Complete range of sleep setup, aka the quilt quiver
March 02, 1:14pm

All Reader Reviews by spelt with a t

spelt with a t has posted no reviews.