BPL Community Profile

spelt ! (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SW/C PA
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt !

Showing 741 - 750 of 1325 | Page: 1 ...66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ...133

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: blech
Hot sugar water? That's what tea is for!

In Post-Trip Reports » Mt. Washington, NH - Jan 27 2013
January 29, 8:48pm

blech
No offense, Bob, but hot Gatorade sounds disgusting. I would be first to the summit just so I wouldn't be caught lagging and have to drink more. ;)

In Post-Trip Reports » Mt. Washington, NH - Jan 27 2013
January 29, 8:25pm

Suggestion: Marking, not removing, sold items
I have a habit of trolling gear swap to research what other people are buying and selling and it's frustrating to bookmark a thread with specs and photos of an item, only to come back to it the...

In Gear Swap » Suggestion: Marking, not removing, sold items
January 28, 11:21am

What New Gear
Longer, wider MYOG hammock Pitching my hammock tarp for ground camping Dry bag hauler (MYOG) MYOG Peapod to replace top and bottom quilts As for new, commercial gear, I'm saving for...

In GEAR » What New Gear are you trying for 2013
January 28, 9:17am

PA
If you're looking to stay in-state, Equinox and Vargo are both in CPA. That's off the top of my head. I'm sure there's more.

In GEAR » Gear Internships
January 28, 9:05am

Nice work
This is something I plan on doing this summer when I'll have access to a sewing machine. I was planning to take the hood off entirely to use separately. I sleep on my side and it's more com...

In Hammocks » DIY Peapod with gathered-end hammock
January 27, 2:54pm

trapped in the spiral
Ha, Michael--all too easy to get sucked into the vortex. :)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Is there a decent non-lightweight forum?
January 21, 10:59am

Re: Is there a decent non-lightweight forum?
Other site suggestions: Although I hesitate to recommend it for a couple reasons, Whiteblaze is a very active forum with less emphasis on UL. My reservations are thus: 1. It's heavily skewe...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Is there a decent non-lightweight forum?
January 21, 10:38am

Dressing for cold: windchill vs. actual temp.
I'm wondering if you choose insulation differently for a windchill of 0F vs an actual temp of 0F with no wind, and also if humidity is a factor in your decision. Theoretically, moving air would...

In Philosophy & Technique » Dressing for cold: windchill vs. actual temp.
January 21, 9:00am

Re: T shaped pad
I have a huge pad from Stoic that I keep in the car for car camping and anytime I wind up sleeping on someone's floor. I don't think I could bear to take it hiking though! Thing probably we...

In GEAR » Idle wondering: why no short/wide pads?
January 20, 10:31am

All Reader Reviews by spelt !

spelt ! has posted no reviews.