BPL Community Profile

spelt with a t (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SW/C PA
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt with a t

Showing 741 - 750 of 1372 | Page: 1 ...66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ...138

Forum » Thread

Tea flask
I use a Nalgene flask (safe for hot liquids) with the insulating sleeve and cap/cup removed. The cozy is made of fun foam. 2 oz total for bottle, cap, and cozy. Liquids stay at a good temp surpris...

In GEAR » Coffee - carry a mug?
February 21, 5:43pm

Re: Stupid Light
Ha, Nathan! "Stupid light" is sort of unfortunately phrased, since I've seen people get defensive about it, but the concept is basically to be more comprehensive and thoughtful whe...

In GEAR » Examples of "Stupid Light"
February 21, 10:46am

fit, function, diminishing returns
Dead bird is one of those brands that seems to me that they could not possibly deliver a product that is worth the prices they ask, even when on sale. I'm with Mark on fit--certain brands fit m...

In GEAR » Should I be carrying more Dead Birds?
February 21, 10:35am

Re: Re: trimming an Xtherm?
well, Rick, you can rest easy, because no sharp object has come near it yet. :)

In GEAR » Do it all pad combo
February 20, 6:37pm

Re: thanks
Good plan. I actually bought a large for the width and will be trimming it after I get some nights on it and decide how short is short enough.

February 20, 3:53pm

Travis,
Thanks. Good to hear a positive report from a night at those temps. I know there's been some debate on the moisture issue but didn't realize Cascade Designs had directly said mouth inflatio...

February 20, 3:52pm

Re: Xtherm deal?
Depends on how bad you want it. By the time I get to making a forum post I've generally been thinking about a purchase for months and watching prices during that time, so I have a good idea of ...

February 20, 3:47pm

update and inflator question
So I ran across an excellent deal on an xtherm and took the plunge. I think it was a good decision; I've only napped on it indoors so far, but comfort-wise it gets an A+. If it's as warm as...

February 20, 1:16pm

Re: Being prepared beats having to vomit on an attacker.
"An updated advisory on the website of the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs offers female students new tactics to fend off rapists, including vomiting, urinating and telling an attac...

In GEAR » Solo Wilderness Security
February 20, 1:07pm

Re: Tumblr
Tumblr's weaknesses are that it isn't really designed to handle comments/discussions, although some themes allow you to add Disqus, and that it's a stronger medium for visuals but weake...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Best Blog Site and Map Software
February 19, 9:08am

All Reader Reviews by spelt with a t

spelt with a t has posted no reviews.