BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 741 - 750 of 1103 | Page: 1 ...66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ...111

Forum » Thread

Short pads...
>> What's left besides a few hard misc items like fuel/first-aid kits, etc? << Bum Pad - multi use item.

In GEAR » Any consensus yet on NeoAir vs. ProLite Plus?
March 21, 2:40pm

Measuring canister fuel levels
I've used my scale to establish a fairly reliable base line for the type of cooking I do and it's worked very well for me. Fuel consumption looks like this: 1 cup boil = 7 grams, two cup bo...

In GEAR » Measuring canister fuel levels
March 21, 2:36pm

Prolite vs NeoAir
I have the Prolite 4 short and the NeoAir short. I have kept and use both these pads depending on the expected temp I will encounter. Prolite 4 is definitely the pad I take when the temp drops ...

In GEAR » Any consensus yet on NeoAir vs. ProLite Plus?
March 21, 12:55pm

Isengard...
Very Hobbit like... Paints an interesting picture of a group of hikers wearing these. They're Taking The Hobbits to... Oh never mind, it's late.

In GEAR » Vibram Five Fingers??
March 18, 12:25am

Re: Montbell u.l. super spiral bags in stock now
Andy - Do you know if the Reg size Super Spiral will truly fit a 6 ft tall person? Will the Long fit to 6' 6" as advertised?

In GEAR » MontBell Sleeping Bags
March 13, 8:01pm

Which heart rate monitor
I really liked the simple functions of the Timex but it wasn't water resistent enough for me. Fogged within the first couple of weeks that I owned it and failed not long after (presumably from...

In GEAR » Which heart rate monitor
March 13, 5:56pm

Re: Montbell ssbags or ulspiral
I've tried Montbell's UL Super Stretch and because the fabric is stretchy you can't compress the down until you max out the stretch. It's actually easier to get cold spots in a regu...

In GEAR » Montbell Super Spiral
March 13, 5:44pm

Re: Montbell Super Spiral
I actually didn't trust Montbell to be accurate in the length as specified since their bags tend to fit small. I'm 6 ft right on, so if their size rating is accurate I could have ordered t...

March 12, 10:04pm

Montbell Super Spiral...
I pulled the trigger and ordered the new UL Super Spiral Down hugger #3. Advertised weight (for the Long) is 24 oz with a temp rating of 30F (-1 C). I'll be interested in comparing it to my s...

March 12, 7:48pm

Montbell Super Spiral
Montbell has finally posted their new model sleeping bags for 2010. I've been stalling on buying a new bag until they announced their new line-up. Now the decision... do I go for the new U.L...

March 12, 4:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm