BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 741 - 750 of 1109 | Page: 1 ...66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ...111

Forum » Thread

using custom orthotics: a question
I've used custom orthotics for years and have had the same problem with shoes that aren't quite deep enough for the inserts. It only has to raise you a tiny bit if the heel cup is shallow...

In GEAR » using custom orthotics: a question
March 31, 9:29pm

REI: dividend + discount + 2 hp = BA Fly Creek UL1
>> But your way of doing it should mitigate the chance of your bag getting dampened << It's a double wall... the condensation will be on the underside of the fly not the inner, s...

In GEAR » REI: dividend + discount + 2 hp = BA Fly Creek UL1
March 31, 12:02am

GPS for pilgrimage blogging
Have a look at GPicSync. All you need is a GPS that exports to GPX format (most do) and you are good to go. GPicSync will automatically geotag your photos to your track log (uses the track poi...

In GEAR » GPS for pilgrimage blogging
March 29, 1:45pm

Crossing into Canada...
The rule for bear spray in Canada is a little odd. If the can of spray is labelled as an animal deterrent (bears, dogs) then it's OK but if it's for personal protection (or says nothing) it...

In Philosophy & Technique » Grizzly Bear safety precautions?
March 27, 2:20am

photos of your packed tent / tarp ?
The Fly Creek UL 1 actually compresses really well if you don't leave it lightly compressed in the original stuff sack as shown in a previous photo. I zipped my Fly Creek into this storage s...

In GEAR » photos of your packed tent / tarp ?
March 26, 4:11pm

Montane...
Jeff - I bought a Montane from Jackson Sport in the UK and was really surprised at how reasonable it was to order (link below). The shipping charges are low and I don't think I was dinged wi...

In GEAR » Patagonia Houdini $$$?
March 25, 9:09pm

Short pads...
>> What's left besides a few hard misc items like fuel/first-aid kits, etc? << Bum Pad - multi use item.

In GEAR » Any consensus yet on NeoAir vs. ProLite Plus?
March 21, 2:40pm

Measuring canister fuel levels
I've used my scale to establish a fairly reliable base line for the type of cooking I do and it's worked very well for me. Fuel consumption looks like this: 1 cup boil = 7 grams, two cup bo...

In GEAR » Measuring canister fuel levels
March 21, 2:36pm

Prolite vs NeoAir
I have the Prolite 4 short and the NeoAir short. I have kept and use both these pads depending on the expected temp I will encounter. Prolite 4 is definitely the pad I take when the temp drops ...

In GEAR » Any consensus yet on NeoAir vs. ProLite Plus?
March 21, 12:55pm

Isengard...
Very Hobbit like... Paints an interesting picture of a group of hikers wearing these. They're Taking The Hobbits to... Oh never mind, it's late.

In GEAR » Vibram Five Fingers??
March 18, 12:25am

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm