BPL Community Profile

Ryan Faulkner (ryanf) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid atlantic, No. Cal
About Me My name is Ryan Faulkner, i am 17 years old, and have been UL backpacking for about 7 years. I have been inspired by hikers like Andrew Skurka, and Ryan Jordan, and have dedicated my trips to going light and fast.
I plan on hiking the PCT and AT before finishing college, and after I hope to get some sort of a career in the backpacking industry.(I havent quite figured out how exactly, but i will :)
I have some big plans for the future, but ill keep those quiet for now ;-P
StateVirginia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.ryanfaulknerphotography.com
My PDF Gear ListWinds-Yellowstone Trek 2008

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 741 - 750 of 916 | Page: 1 ...66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ...92

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: make a pocket puck (dial up users beware)
I have a similarly sized collection. why no side burners? my favorite stove I made is a side burner I made from a single V8 can (similar to MBD elite)

In Make Your Own Gear » make a pocket puck (dial up users beware)
November 10, 6:04pm

Re: Re: Re: Woodfires vs. stoves
thanks Paul, I am just saing that if Ryan is willing to cook over fires then we could save some weight from a stove and use it for warmer clothes or something( so he wont die :-)>)

In Gear Lists » Ryan Jordan's SUL Winter Challenge
November 10, 5:11pm

Re: Woodfires vs. stoves
I guess he may not be able to obtain wood, but I thought I read this in an earliar post?

November 10, 4:37pm

Re: Re: Bill's SUL Gear List
if I use the design on the newsushi.net site with cuben and a high power down could I make a sub 10 oz quilt? what silk did you use in your baffles? the cuben snow you speak of sounds virtual...

In Gear Lists » Bill's SUL Gear List
November 10, 4:06pm

Re: Bill's SUL Gear List
do you use cuben for the shell and lining of your quilt? on the cuben fiber website is the "Break" the tear strength, if so I think the .2 oz style will be strong enough Cuben Data

November 10, 4:00pm

Re: come on baby light my fire--but on which stove?
I think we should take advantage of the fact that Ryan said he could cook over fires, every ounce we save is worth it.

November 10, 3:55pm

Re: Re: make a pocket puck (dial up users beware)
you can use this stove without a priming pan but it takes a wile to warm up so I add one to speed it up, but you are right, Ill try making a pressurized version. your idea sounds great but you...

In Make Your Own Gear » make a pocket puck (dial up users beware)
November 10, 3:54pm

Re: Re: Bill's SUL Gear List
I found the cubenfiber website. what style did you use for your tarp and pack and everything else? please say the .2oz stuff is durable enough I cant find the prices?

November 09, 8:31pm

Re: Bill's SUL Gear List
Bill, can you give me more info on cuben, weight, price, where to buy, ect. and info on your 9oz arc. materials, temp rating? (pics)

November 09, 8:12pm

Re: Re: Re: Bill's SUL Gear List
good idea thats not what this thread is for.

November 09, 8:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
I am so glad I found this website, before this site I was carrying a 30-40lb pack, after reading the articles I got my list under 10, and after joining the forums, well carrying less than 4 pounds is ...

In Books and Media
December 31, 10:20pm

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
Good thought. I bring this stove whenever I need to simmer, one disadvantage of alcohol stoves. I like it much, much, much better than the MSR pocket rocket, the 4 titanium stands are much more ...

In Stoves - Canister
December 30, 1:25pm

ThermoJet MicroLite
I did not buy this stove, in fact, I have never bought a alcohol stove, but have many of the MBD stoves and tonight added this wonder to my collection. I actually

In Stoves - Alcohol
December 09, 9:56pm

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
I did not purchase a pocket puck from mini bull design, but from looking at pictures and from expeience from making other stoves I made my own flattened side burner stove. I like the overall design, w...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 06, 1:16pm