BPL Community Profile

Willie Evenstop (redmonk) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem
About Me Dixon Tudepe & Joe Mamuh Enterprises
CityBozeman
StateMT
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.promisemoredelivernothing.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Willie Evenstop

Showing 741 - 750 of 1021 | Page: 1 ...66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ...103

Forum » Thread

GPS is intuitive
Bob, you are trying to make a point against someone that already knows they need to be moving, and know how to hold the device correctly. "When you are moving a GPS WILL tell you which wa...

In Gear Lists » Comfort SUL
July 02, 1:32pm

First Look: Osprey Hornet 46
Someone might chose this over those other packs because Osprey is sold in stores, where people can try it on in person, load it up, actually see how it fits before committing to the purchase.

In GEAR » First Look: Osprey Hornet 46
July 02, 9:00am

Is their a BPL Motto or Pledge? Suggestions? Contest
Cuben Pride What does it weigh ? PM Sent !

In Philosophy & Technique » Is their a BPL Motto or Pledge? Suggestions? Contest
July 01, 7:44pm

Is their a BPL Motto or Pledge? Suggestions? Contest
For several seasons I thought that "Out of Stock and Not Available for Pre-Order at this time" was the BPL motto, but they seem to have stopped using that phrase.

In Philosophy & Technique » Is their a BPL Motto or Pledge? Suggestions? Contest
July 01, 4:32pm

Grand Canyon of the Tuolumne
Won't need spikes. River likely to be Lower somewhat, but I'd prefer wading upstream to down. Easier to climb toluene peak on dry side than snow too, potentially a good reason to go ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Grand Canyon of the Tuolumne
July 01, 1:52pm

dehydrating honey / maple syrup
I haven't tried this, but could you dilute honey/syrup etc in water, and then create crystals along a wick like rock candy ?

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » dehydrating honey / maple syrup
June 30, 7:20pm

Heavy gear that works
Black Diamond CF trekking poles. Heavier than the other poles by a considerable margin, but they don't collapse at a bad time, and they have held up to lots of abuse at high speeds.

In GEAR » Heavy gear that works
June 30, 11:45am

Grand Canyon of the Tuolumne
Thanks for starting the trip report Daivd, nice report on the trip. Jay will know what this is . . . waterwheel falls Starting the trip, Lots of areas were snow free, some sogg...

In Post-Trip Reports » Grand Canyon of the Tuolumne
June 30, 3:07am

Iodine vs ClO2 for long term use (thru-hike)
I wouldn't use iodine for long term water treatment. As I read the guidelines, your trip is at the limit of the recommended maximum length of iodine use, but will be at a higher concentration...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Iodine vs ClO2 for long term use (thru-hike)
June 29, 4:17pm

Monatauk Gnat Stove Review
it's pretty safe to say that there is precious little difference in these stoves

In Editor's Roundtable » Monatauk Gnat Stove Review
June 22, 4:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Willie Evenstop

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Absaroka
Great pack. Smallish, but fits a bearikade expedition. I used it on a JMT thru, and it carried great with 30# in it. Comfortable. Carries on the hips, not much should pressure at all. Would wo...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
October 16, 10:25am